lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I know how training is Lee... dozens of bruises from head to toe. Bruises are trophies!

I agree, but I hate having them on my face though.

Am I too old to have a black eye? I woke up this morning and my eye is slightly blackened. I am torn between being pissed and completely happy, because I didn't even notice when it happened. I hate myself sometimes for being so simple at times.

Did you hit yourself while you slept? I am confused... I feel like Maire!!!! :)

I was in my jiu jitsu class and sometime during it I apparently got hit in the face. It was pretty intense last night and I don't remember it happening, but since there is evidence it obviously happened.

Ouch...I'm surprised you've only got the one black eye! I'm hurting from hitting my head but being in an intense class like that is worse!

It was the first time in years that I can remember ever having a mark on my face. I have them up and down my arms and midsection. It sounds a lot more painful than it actually is. It is nowhere near as barbaric as it probably sounds though.

LOL...I didn't think it sounded barbaric...I've watched that kind of fighting, I know how it can get. I'm glad though you weren't injured worse, Lee!

I know you don't Liz, but some of the others may have thought me just one itty bitty step above caveman.

hehe...I understand, Lee! I just happen to love watching grown men beat each other senseless..hehe! :whistle:

You know though...I can't STAND watching boxing! Go figure...lol (ouch!)!!

"men ... senseless" is an oxymoron isn't it? or is that just the case for me?

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
What is with the April filers getting approved when there are so many March that isn't approved yet?

I have a theory but it's too hard to type in the car

Richard, I don't know what your theory is, but I wanted to point out that according to the USCIS web site, you will be beyond the *published* processing time for K1 petitions at the VSC. I would call them on Monday and demand they put in a service request, and I would get your congressman on their a&@.

(ok, i'm not very tolerant of their #######...their "official" processing times seem to be manipulated to their own convenience. I think it is now "5 months" just so they can claim in a press release that they "met" their previously published goal)

exactly..

Since my NOA1 date is March 23rd, I can call and put in a request at 5 months and 1 day... which I totally expect I will do (if needed). Already have my congressman in the loop and will start making waves then. Well, I already started making waves a few weeks ago, about the whole process and the letter that the USCIS sent my Congressman saying they were working on November filers. Of course, I have not heard anything back from the Congressman's office since I wrote that polite nasty letter. :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I know how training is Lee... dozens of bruises from head to toe. Bruises are trophies!

I agree, but I hate having them on my face though.

Am I too old to have a black eye? I woke up this morning and my eye is slightly blackened. I am torn between being pissed and completely happy, because I didn't even notice when it happened. I hate myself sometimes for being so simple at times.

Did you hit yourself while you slept? I am confused... I feel like Maire!!!! :)

I was in my jiu jitsu class and sometime during it I apparently got hit in the face. It was pretty intense last night and I don't remember it happening, but since there is evidence it obviously happened.

Ouch...I'm surprised you've only got the one black eye! I'm hurting from hitting my head but being in an intense class like that is worse!

It was the first time in years that I can remember ever having a mark on my face. I have them up and down my arms and midsection. It sounds a lot more painful than it actually is. It is nowhere near as barbaric as it probably sounds though.

LOL...I didn't think it sounded barbaric...I've watched that kind of fighting, I know how it can get. I'm glad though you weren't injured worse, Lee!

I know you don't Liz, but some of the others may have thought me just one itty bitty step above caveman.

hehe...I understand, Lee! I just happen to love watching grown men beat each other senseless..hehe! :whistle:

You know though...I can't STAND watching boxing! Go figure...lol (ouch!)!!

"men ... senseless" is an oxymoron isn't it? or is that just the case for me?

LOL....ok, stop making me laugh...hehehehe...ouch!

I didn't mean it like that Dave...hehe!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok... so now I am in the office... so here is my theory....

The Federal fiscal year ends September 30.... and they have a 5 month approval time line now...

So here we sit, end of August... and they are working very well into April... getting ahead of the 5 month goal they have set...

Come September 30 the USCIS will show that they are ahead of the 5 month time line goal set, since the current month they should be working on at that point will be May... and stragglers are just S.O.L. and will probably not be counted for the government's purpose...

This is my theory, for whatever it is worth.

I see we are following the same theory. USCIS has in the past used the "processing time" as a defense - no one was able to put in a request to find out what was going on, because they would simply publish the time for the oldest application (ok, maybe the 2nd or 3rd oldest) that they are working on as the "normal processing time". Now they have made public commitments to reach 5 months for processing time, so they will process applications meeting that time, then I expect that sometime in October, boom, it will be back to the same #######.

As for ppl getting them to make a service request, they will get a letter saying "everything is normal, but we haven't looked at your petition yet and you have to wait". It would not surprise me if they hold these responses, change their processing timeline on Oct 1, to like Dec 2008, and send a response saying "see you are within normal times"

if they spent half the time on fixing basic things that they do patting themselves on the back for creative press releases, you would have had your approval back in June.

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

Timeline
Ok... so now I am in the office... so here is my theory....

The Federal fiscal year ends September 30.... and they have a 5 month approval time line now...

So here we sit, end of August... and they are working very well into April... getting ahead of the 5 month goal they have set...

Come September 30 the USCIS will show that they are ahead of the 5 month time line goal set, since the current month they should be working on at that point will be May... and stragglers are just S.O.L. and will probably not be counted for the government's purpose...

This is my theory, for whatever it is worth.

I see we are following the same theory. USCIS has in the past used the "processing time" as a defense - no one was able to put in a request to find out what was going on, because they would simply publish the time for the oldest application (ok, maybe the 2nd or 3rd oldest) that they are working on as the "normal processing time". Now they have made public commitments to reach 5 months for processing time, so they will process applications meeting that time, then I expect that sometime in October, boom, it will be back to the same #######.

As for ppl getting them to make a service request, they will get a letter saying "everything is normal, but we haven't looked at your petition yet and you have to wait". It would not surprise me if they hold these responses, change their processing timeline on Oct 1, to like Dec 2008, and send a response saying "see you are within normal times"

if they spent half the time on fixing basic things that they do patting themselves on the back for creative press releases, you would have had your approval back in June.

A-FREAKING-MEN

Derek.... Joanna was looking at VJ yesterday and noticed that you are Maria are still in the UNapproved list... so when I looked... sur'nuf... you had not put your NOA2 date in so it keeps you in the list... she said... Tell him to UPDATE it... we will move a place :) :) :) I had to chuckle :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I wish things ran more smoothly at the Visa Centers and the USCIS.. but it seems it's a "get by" kind of thing and things aren't done efficiently and the way they are supposed to. I don't personally know.. but it just seems a bit messy. I'm still hoping that they find our case amicable..

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Timeline
I wish things ran more smoothly at the Visa Centers and the USCIS.. but it seems it's a "get by" kind of thing and things aren't done efficiently and the way they are supposed to. I don't personally know.. but it just seems a bit messy. I'm still hoping that they find our case amicable..

they will!!! no worries!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I'll make sure to equip Lampros with loads of "proof of relationship" so he's able to bombard the interviewer with our relationship :P

Timeline

I'll make sure to equip Lampros with loads of "proof of relationship" so he's able to bombard the interviewer with our relationship :P

Yes, be prepared with ALL the right documents... and you should have NO problems sweetie

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
I just got my NOA2 this week. Although we are past all the K1 stuff. I'll fix it

It was just cute, Derek... Joanna reads VJ sometimes... and she knows that you and I chat... and the longer and longer this wait goes on, the more and more antsy she becomes... so last night she saw that and I had to explain to her that this was an Unofficial list :) I guess you had to be there

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Yes, be prepared with ALL the right documents... and you should have NO problems sweetie

I gave him a packet of all the documents that we needed for the interview already. So now we just wait till he's out of the army and gets the status paper for that saying he's done the service. Once he's out it will be such a relief.. even when he'll be in Athens waiting to come.

Timeline

I gave him a packet of all the documents that we needed for the interview already. So now we just wait till he's out of the army and gets the status paper for that saying he's done the service. Once he's out it will be such a relief.. even when he'll be in Athens waiting to come.

I am not sure, but if you gave him the the I-134 you might need to update it...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I am not sure, but if you gave him the the I-134 you might need to update it...

I think your right, Richard....especially with it being a while until he'll use it

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Richard we all know that you will get your approval eventually, but it really is just bumming me out that people past you are getting theirs. I never like to see anyone in my family getting neglected and I just want them to approve you already so you are caught up with the rest of us and get that sense of relief from being done with USCIS.

Lee.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.