lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks. I am graduating college in a week and getting a job right away would not be easy I would think. I do have income now, but I think it will be barely cutting the line (125%).

Don't forget you can also use assets to help qualify as well. But in the event of a cosponsor... I wouldn't worry too much about having one.

I am mostly worried about adjustment of status stage, it is my understanding that I cannot have a co-sponsor for that stage or am I wrong there?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Thanks. I am graduating college in a week and getting a job right away would not be easy I would think. I do have income now, but I think it will be barely cutting the line (125%).

Don't forget you can also use assets to help qualify as well. But in the event of a cosponsor... I wouldn't worry too much about having one.

I am mostly worried about adjustment of status stage, it is my understanding that I cannot have a co-sponsor for that stage or am I wrong there?

Well, since I didnt need one, I did not investigate it.... but I dont understand why not? Logically, if they let your SO in the country with a co-sponsor (meaning that someone needs it to qualify) surely that someone would more than likely need one for AOS which is generally a few short months from POE. That said... I honestly do not know for sure... also... you will have more time to get the job and earn a living, which hopefully will help as well.

Do a little digging... sorry I couldnt be of more help... After all, I am man and I am useless :)

RICH!!!! why are you out of liefded014.gif ?

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, since I didnt need one, I did not investigate it.... but I dont understand why not? Logically, if they let your SO in the country with a co-sponsor (meaning that someone needs it to qualify) surely that someone would more than likely need one for AOS which is generally a few short months from POE. That said... I honestly do not know for sure... also... you will have more time to get the job and earn a living, which hopefully will help as well.

Do a little digging... sorry I couldnt be of more help... After all, I am man and I am useless :)

:D Thanks Richard! I too want to land a good job obviously, but in the meanwhile I am willing to work 23hrs to make the living so either way we'll make it. It is more about papers and following "rules and regulations".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good Morning Hunky Punky People. Well th SO and i and the kids went to Disneyworld yesterday. Had a great time!!! My oldest son is having a hard time with this i think. Since she has been here he has stayed away and slept over his friends house. He has been here but he doesn't talk to her and stays away at night.. She is upset about it..

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
Good Morning Hunky Punky People. Well th SO and i and the kids went to Disneyworld yesterday. Had a great time!!! My oldest son is having a hard time with this i think. Since she has been here he has stayed away and slept over his friends house. He has been here but he doesn't talk to her and stays away at night.. She is upset about it..

How old is he Rich? As a parent... and having been in a similar situation a few years ago, I can say that it is pretty normal (especially on a boy and step mom since boys tend to take to their Mother) and takes some time and patience. Try to reassure her that it will be ok. She has enough to worry about for right now... and as for your son... try to talk with him.. and maybe even go see your pastor or a family counselor?

Glad you guys had a great time at Disney tho!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
So what did everyone do this weekend?

Not the HUNKY PUNKY like someone else (or 2) we know :)

You?

LOL...yeah didnt get to do that either.. :crying:

Worked on the house of course! Got the repairs done to the ceilings though so I can FINALLY finish painting!!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Rich I agree with Richard. It's going to be a pretty big adjustment for everyone and it's going to take some time, but with a little effort and time things will improve. A counselor might not be a bad idea, but try talking to him first and hust see where his head is.

Next time you come to Orlando let me know. Maybe we can meet up or something.

Lee.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Wahhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo I just noticed I have 2 heartons!

smiley_into_heart.gifsmiley_into_heart.gif

FREAK!

She shouldnt be upset...is not ur fault or his....she should understand that this is a normal reaction...

Timeline
Wahhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo I just noticed I have 2 heartons!

smiley_into_heart.gifsmiley_into_heart.gif

FREAK!

She shouldnt be upset...is not ur fault or his....she should understand that this is a normal reaction...

YES I AM! double trouble!!!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi guys!

I was wondering about the medical too.. My SO said he's never had chicken pox or ever heard of the vaccination so I wonder if that will be a shot he would get at the medical or later in AOS?

Igork - My Mom is the co-sponsor for our visa and I've never heard of anything ever coming badly of having a co-sponsor. I have heard that some embassies don't allow co-sponsors but that's more uncommon. I had emailed the US embassy in Athens and they told me straight forward that I was allowed a co-sponsor so I'm pretty confident that it won't be an issue ever. As far as in AOS I wouldn't think they'd stop allowing for a co-sponsor once the fiance is inside the states, that would be a bit backwards. Making enough money to pay for him to come but then not allowing to have a co-sponsor to help him stay alive while living here would be pretty silly.

We're just waiting on news of my honeys next camp orders.. then we might try to plan another meeting!! ^_^

Edited by gatoula_tou

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh cool, Jamie! Being able to meet up again would be great!!!!

Edited by lizandpat

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Hi guys!

I was wondering about the medical too.. My SO said he's never had chicken pox or ever heard of the vaccination so I wonder if that will be a shot he would get at the medical or later in AOS?

Igork - My Mom is the co-sponsor for our visa and I've never heard of anything ever coming badly of having a co-sponsor. I have heard that some embassies don't allow co-sponsors but that's more uncommon. I had emailed the US embassy in Athens and they told me straight forward that I was allowed a co-sponsor so I'm pretty confident that it won't be an issue ever. As far as in AOS I wouldn't think they'd stop allowing for a co-sponsor once the fiance is inside the states, that would be a bit backwards. Making enough money to pay for him to come but then not allowing to have a co-sponsor to help him stay alive while living here would be pretty silly.

We're just waiting on news of my honeys next camp orders.. then we might try to plan another meeting!! ^_^

nice and more hunky punky!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.