lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Richard it is amazing the big push they do at the end of the month.. why can't they do that all through the month.. i don't understand it... it's like they do it on purpose to frustrate everyone...

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Richard you know what sucks though.. her plane arrives around 4:45 in the morning that means probably around 5 and at the point of entry they hold them and u don't know how long they hold them for. because they don't have a cell phone or anything so i heard it could take from 20 minutes to three hours.. i wisht here was a way to communicate with them...

Edited by Rich and Bey

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Richard it is amazing the big push they do at the end of the month.. why can't they do that all through the month.. i don't understand it... it's like they do it on purpose to frustrate everyone...

I have never worked for good old Uncle Sam, but sure know enough people that do... It still never ceases to amaze me how inefficient it is. Can you imagine what life would be like if we had to wait like this for other important things... like a mortgage or a bank account, credit card etc? *big grin*

Did you know.. that if you were to die before your AOS interview that your SO will be deported? There is a bill pending to stop that... and a 2 year stay now (just in the last few weeks it was enacted)... unbelievable... over 200 SOs were being deported!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

im still waiting

2/25-I-129F Sent via USPS Express Mail

2/26-Recieved at VSC: D.Renaud signs.

2/27-NOA1

3/2-Check Cashed

3/3-Touched

3/4-Touched

xxx-ROAD TO NOA 2!!!! LET THIS BE PAINLESS

Timeline
Richard you know what sucks though.. her plane arrives around 4:45 in the morning that means probably around 5 and at the point of entry they hold them and u don't know how long they hold them for. because they don't have a cell phone or anything so i heard it could take from 20 minutes to three hours.. i wisht here was a way to communicate with them...

What is her POE? If it Miami... i would think they wouldnt give her much issue. yes, no cell phone use... but that early in the AM there shouldnt be a big line or anything... and as long as she has all her info, it shouldnt be too difficult. I wouldn't worry too much my friend.

im still waiting

Need a hug Big?

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Not necessarily.. it all depends on if people are being deported and all that. if they have people there in the rooms then it takes a long time.. someone went into dallas from brazil recently and took over an hour for her to get out of POE...

definite hug for you biggest.. we will all support you and watcvh you get yours.. it's coming trust me.. just a matter of time and Richard is coming up very soon also..

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
Not necessarily.. it all depends on if people are being deported and all that. if they have people there in the rooms then it takes a long time.. someone went into dallas from brazil recently and took over an hour for her to get out of POE...

definite hug for you biggest.. we will all support you and watcvh you get yours.. it's coming trust me.. just a matter of time and Richard is coming up very soon also..

Wait... I do not think they automatically go into the 'room' do they?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

yes this is what i heard.. they take them to a room.. it all depends.. sometimes if there are shift changes they might do it there.. but i was reading a lot of reviews on it.. they usually take them there and tell them they ahve 90 days to get married and process the paperwork. they get these sealed envelopes and can't open them or they can't come in to give to the officers...

My fiance is waiting on the envelope now.. when she gets it i told her not to open it... she needs to bring with her... and give to the officers when she gets here...

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
yes this is what i heard.. they take them to a room.. it all depends.. sometimes if there are shift changes they might do it there.. but i was reading a lot of reviews on it.. they usually take them there and tell them they ahve 90 days to get married and process the paperwork. they get these sealed envelopes and can't open them or they can't come in to give to the officers...

Well.... I wouldn't worry too much... as much as it would suck to wait 3 hours in immigration... hell... 3 hours is a cake walk compared to the K1 wait :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

at 5 in the morning though richard.. lol.. you have to drive there for two hours and park the car and go sit there and wait for an a hour more or two not knowing anything..lol.. that is not good.. i heard that some people have missed connecting flights because of it...

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
at 5 in the morning though richard.. lol.. you have to drive there for two hours and park the car and go sit there and wait for an a hour more or two not knowing anything..lol.. that is not good.. i heard that some people have missed connecting flights because of it...

I remember when Joanna came here a few weeks ago how nervous I was as I knew if she had a problem she couldnt call me... so, my heart does go out to you (a little) :) but... even if you get up early... hit crappy 95 traffic on the way... have to sit there for a few hours... her plane is late so you have to wait a few ours more... Just have a Mojito... because in the end... You get to drive back together, holding her hand and rejoice in having this part finished!!!!!!!! since it is what it is... 5 more hours of hell... SO BE IT! :)

You will be ok buddy... you can call me and I will help you pass the time my friend!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

i hope im not gonna be one of those statistically low after processing times struggling with federal reps

Edited by biggestchallenge

2/25-I-129F Sent via USPS Express Mail

2/26-Recieved at VSC: D.Renaud signs.

2/27-NOA1

3/2-Check Cashed

3/3-Touched

3/4-Touched

xxx-ROAD TO NOA 2!!!! LET THIS BE PAINLESS

Timeline

Thanks RIchard... You know when i went to Brazil in June. I would have given her a phone from here but then again i think you can't use a phone in the airport there. but i would have given her one if i knew we were approved in May..

not june in may i went to brazil...

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
Thanks RIchard... You know when i went to Brazil in June. I would have given her a phone from here but then again i think you can't use a phone in the airport there. but i would have given her one if i knew we were approved in May..

not june in may i went to brazil...

does she have a cell? Most foreign cells work here... so she can at least call or text when she lands and stuff... maybe even pretype a message that she could send when no one was looking? :) Not that I am advising anyone to do something illegal as that would be a violation here :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.