lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Yes Richard, a call to the embassy again and I forwarded the email I had sent before inquiring about the info I need. Last time I called it was a giant mess of "oh let me transfer you" and then ended with voice mails twice.

I can only imagine the frustration :) but don't give up... it is too important

Richard I see that VSC is slowly but surely is finishing up February (they still need approve some of our family members). So you are NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they do need to finish up my February family... and yes... I am getting closer each day. Joanna has her and the children's medical scheduled for the 14th of August... she already has her police report... I sent her home with the I134, taxes, bank statements and more photos. So I think we have everything we need. I wrote the embassy asking if we could get a speedy interview and they said they would try... so with a little bit of luck, the kids might only be a few weeks late in starting school.... But it is more than likely that they won't be here until late September/mid-August. We'll just have to wait and see... (too many assumptions in there) :)

We need Lupy and Igor to get approved... poor Igor is going bald from pulling out his hair and his eyes are always bloodshot from too much alcohol :)

Oh I won't give up but now I am getting annoyed at dealing with "Americans" lol. I told a guy that the immigration line wasn't working and he said "Oh ok, I'll transfer you then" AHhh! I'm going to call and try pushing 2 for Greek and see how far I can get myself... hehe.

Yep, ya gots to do whatcha gots to do :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good morning everyone. Lets see them end this week on a high note and get a few more approvals.

Dave- being manpretty is a combination of attitude, appearance and a childlike self deluded quality that is hard to quantify. In other words if you think you are you probably are.

Lee.gif

Timeline
Good morning everyone. Lets see them end this week on a high note and get a few more approvals.

Dave- being manpretty is a combination of attitude, appearance and a childlike self deluded quality that is hard to quantify. In other words if you think you are you probably are.

Think Deuce Bigalow and Man-#######... and put a little of that in there alsoanimatiesmleys1740giflachen.jpg

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lee you imbody all of these traits perfectly.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Yayyyy!

I finally got through to someone and she was quite pleasant and very helpful. She put a note on our case saying he's doing the service now. He will just schedule an interview when he has the military status papers saying he did his service and then they will look back into the case in January. The lady said that we're still at the discretion of the interviewer though as K-1 fiance cases have usually the 6 months (we already knew) to finish the case after the NOA2.

So basically we just have a regular interview as a formality like usual. :content:

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yayyyy!

I finally got through to someone and she was quite pleasant and very helpful. She put a note on our case saying he's doing the service now. He will just schedule an interview when he has the military status papers saying he did his service and then they will look back into the case in January. The lady said that we're still at the discretion of the interviewer though as K-1 fiance cases have usually the 6 months (we already knew) to finish the case after the NOA2.

So basically we just have a regular interview as a formality like usual. :content:

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really happy for you.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Timeline
Yayyyy!

Yes this is good news... now you can (mostly) relax.... and bide your time... will you have another visit between here and January?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Yayyyy!

YAY...that's great news, Jamie!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline
Yayyyy!

Yes this is good news... now you can (mostly) relax.... and bide your time... will you have another visit between here and January?

Yes, I do feel like relieved (mostly) but now it's just waiting and then we'll have direct answers in January. I really hope we can see each other again. If we visit halfway it's only another 3 months til then and that will make the time SO easy... but he can't leave the country again because of the service and it's a bit hard to get off time.

I'd easily do another 2-3 days of international travel for 6 days of visiting with him!

Edited by gatoula_tou

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Very cool, Jamie. Glad to hear that things are working out logistically. And congrats to the others who've recently passed interviews and got NOA2s. It's the end of the month, so maybe there'll be more approvals today.

Arturo has his medical today. It's kind of weird, he just scheduled it yesterday. I was a bit shocked to hear that it was so fast.

Chelsea and Arturo

2-14-2009: I-129F mailed to VSC

2-18-2009: NOA1

2-19-2009: check cashed

06-23-2009: NOA2 date

06-25-2009: NVC received

7-21-2009: NVC mailed out

7-23-2009: Embassy received

7/31/2009: Medical appt.

9-10-2009: Interview Passed!

9-28-2009: Entry to U.S.

10-9-2009: Civil ceremony!

10-30-2009: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD applications

11-6-2009: NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD

11-12-2009: touch for AP

12-1-2009: biometrics

12-2-2009: touches for AOS/EAD (after biometrics)

12-17-2009: case transfered to CSC (touch)

12-28-2009: EAD ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

12-30-2009: AP ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

1-14-2010: Greencard ordered!

Timeline
Very cool, Jamie. Glad to hear that things are working out logistically. And congrats to the others who've recently passed interviews and got NOA2s. It's the end of the month, so maybe there'll be more approvals today.

Arturo has his medical today. It's kind of weird, he just scheduled it yesterday. I was a bit shocked to hear that it was so fast.

WOW! that is great... maybe... just maybe... the rest will be sooooooooooooooo fast :) Like... the interview might can get rescheduled sooner?

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Liz... where are the new PHOTOS? :)

Ummm..on my computer at home...lol!

I'll try to get them on here tonight ...

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline

Liz, the link of the ring you posted last night or ....earlier in the forum anyways... it was beautiful! (I'd like pics too! ^_^)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.