lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Maire, how is it that you are able to go to Cuba?

Geezzzzzzzzzz i go to a meeting for an hr and get back and had sooo much to reaad!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was not fun without me :unsure: j.k

Well Richard...It was very difficult before when Bush only allowed Cubans to visit our country once every 3 years..but now Obama has made it easier for us...we just buy the ticket and thats it...the only thing u need now is $$$$....I mean it is still horrible since when u get there U gotta change dollars for cuban pesos...imagine when u convert they take 20% percent...such a rip off...Iam only taking 1000 dollars but in reality it will only be 800 pesos after i convert it.....but oh well anything in the name of LOVE....

I think I should shut-up as I have helped take us waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic!

I will try to be good...

I agree :ot:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ps. Imagine our "SO" reading this thread lmao

Hmmm yes....definitely off topic.

So Maire....17 days huh? Are you going to Cuba or is he coming to visit you? I'm thinking of taking a trip to Tampa near the end of the month myself. We're just waiting to see when he has to go away on a business trip first and plan around that.

Well you might or might not know...but Cubans are not allowed to leave the country...so I am going to visit him...Iam so excited to see him and my family of course....

Yeah...apparently I did not know that! lol I had read about some 'exit visa' thing and giving the house to the gov't or something but...they can't even leave on vacation?? :wow: :wow:

no they cant.....unless ur some1 important religious person or an artist or a musician

I think I should shut-up as I have helped take us waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic!

I will try to be good...

I agree :ot:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ps. Imagine our "SO" reading this thread lmao

My SO does read VJ

oh she does????????someone is i troubleeeeeeeeee :rofl:

Edited by Maire

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Maire- Despite the financial drawbacks at least you'll be together. The whole U.S./Cuba relationship is just odd. I don't completely understand it, but then I get I don't really pay it as much attention as I should. In my defense I know a bit more about Europe. :innocent:

Lee.gif

Timeline
Maire- Despite the financial drawbacks at least you'll be together. The whole U.S./Cuba relationship is just odd. I don't completely understand it, but then I get I don't really pay it as much attention as I should. In my defense I know a bit more about Europe. :innocent:

how dare you!!!!!!! lol j.k i dont even understand it myself sometimes...but oh well..I know not a damn thing about Europe never been there...I would love to tho...

Edited by Maire

Filed: Timeline

It largely has something to do with the Soviets trying to put nuclear missles there and pointing them at us. A lot of people in government haven't forgotten about that, even if most people consider it ancient history. But it makes absolutely no sense to isolate Cuba in the ways we have since then. Countries that trade freely with one another tend to get along much easier. I'd argue that the influence of trading with Cuba would have had positive outcomes with human rights there.

Hey Marc, congrats, geesh what a tough crowd, whats up people, I understand the wait is tough but hey a congrats doesnt hurt.

Edited by Mford019

13 February 2009- Mailed I-129F to VSC

17 February 2009- Packet received and signed for by VSC(A. Stanley)

23 February 2009- Check cashed, finally(and away we go)

23 February 2009 - NOA1(dated February 18th)

22 March 2009- Notice of approval NOA2

4,5May 2009- Medical (Passed, 1 more hurdle)

20 May 2009- Interview (PASSED, GOT THAT PINK SLIP)

25 May 2009- CFO

05 OCT 2009- Flight to El Paso, TX

30 OCT 2009-wedding

02 JAN 2010-filed AOS

04 JAN 2010-signed for at 8:52 by CHYBA

01 FEB 2010-Biomerics appointment

02 FEB- touch on ead and 485

26 FEB- EAD and Advanced Parole update approved

06 APR 2010- Interview, 15 minutes, approved!

29 May 2010- Finally Permanent resident card in mail

Timeline

It largely has something to do with the Soviets trying to put nuclear missles there and pointing them at us. A lot of people in government haven't forgotten about that, even if most people consider it ancient history. But it makes absolutely no sense to isolate Cuba in the ways we have since then. Countries that trade freely with one another tend to get along much easier. I'd argue that the influence of trading with Cuba would have had positive outcomes with human rights there.

Yeah I am a little to young for the Cuban Missle Crisis. I think the politicians need to just let it go. We get along with the Russians. Hell I am marrying one. Can't we just move forward with Cuba. It seems so silly to me.

Lee.gif

Timeline
Hey Marc, congrats, geesh what a tough crowd, whats up people, I understand the wait is tough but hey a congrats doesnt hurt.

I am in full on hater mode right now. j/k. You're righwe do owe you a congrats, but I was just going to say it in two weeks after you pass everything. I didn't want my well wishes to be premature. When has the word premature ever been used in a positive light? Anyhow, congrats on getting past the latest hurdle. :dance:

Lee.gif

Timeline

lol......congrats! not!!!lmao j.k I am happy for you..but wish it was me :angry:

Yeah I am a little to young for the Cuban Missle Crisis. I think the politicians need to just let it go. We get along with the Russians. Hell I am marrying one. Can't we just move forward with Cuba. It seems so silly to me.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...you are correct...Congrats Marc. Now where is the blushing emoticon?

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline

I was born and raised in that communist country....thanks God I had the opportunity to come here..but it saddens me that everyone in Cuba has no idea what it is to live in a democratic country....It is not easy to go there...I go cus my family still lives there and of course because of my SO, but simple things such as toilet paper, Internet, AC...are not available...so when I go I feel like lost for the first couple of days its not easy to get used to those things..specially when I have to bathe with a cup and a bucket cus there is no running water...but oh welll

:blush::dance::D

13 February 2009- Mailed I-129F to VSC

17 February 2009- Packet received and signed for by VSC(A. Stanley)

23 February 2009- Check cashed, finally(and away we go)

23 February 2009 - NOA1(dated February 18th)

22 March 2009- Notice of approval NOA2

4,5May 2009- Medical (Passed, 1 more hurdle)

20 May 2009- Interview (PASSED, GOT THAT PINK SLIP)

25 May 2009- CFO

05 OCT 2009- Flight to El Paso, TX

30 OCT 2009-wedding

02 JAN 2010-filed AOS

04 JAN 2010-signed for at 8:52 by CHYBA

01 FEB 2010-Biomerics appointment

02 FEB- touch on ead and 485

26 FEB- EAD and Advanced Parole update approved

06 APR 2010- Interview, 15 minutes, approved!

29 May 2010- Finally Permanent resident card in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
:blush::dance::D

Congrats Marc!!! :dance::dance:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.