lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have to completely change the subject. There was a police raid in the office next to mine. Apparently my new neighbors were running a prostitution ring. Ironically the ladies are Russian. The police had to tell us since they had also listed our office on something or other. Crazy times we are living.

Lee.gif

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I have to completely change the subject. There was a police raid in the office next to mine. Apparently my new neighbors were running a prostitution ring. Ironically the ladies are Russian. The police had to tell us since they had also listed our office on something or other. Crazy times we are living.

Wow, nothing like a little excitement to break up your day!! Do you think the ladies were victimns of trafficing? I hope they are ok....

Edited by al-Hubb jameel

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline

I think so. They have one girl outside talking to her. She is Russian, but I don't know for certain. They asked us if we could translate. I told him how to ask for directions to the bathroom. He was amused. I gave him my Russian-English dictionary. They are talking to her now and she hasn't been handcuffed so I assume the worst. I just can't believ it I share a common wall with them and never heard anything. Apparently like 5 guys have already been there today.

Lee.gif

Timeline
I think so. They have one girl outside talking to her. She is Russian, but I don't know for certain. They asked us if we could translate. I told him how to ask for directions to the bathroom. He was amused. I gave him my Russian-English dictionary. They are talking to her now and she hasn't been handcuffed so I assume the worst. I just can't believ it I share a common wall with them and never heard anything. Apparently like 5 guys have already been there today.

That is just crazy. I'm glad you are there to help with the translations. I am also glad that there is help for the women. I work in social services and people trafficing is so much bigger than most people realize. These girls are brought to USA with promises of jobs and then their passports are taken away and they are told they have to work off their "debt" .

It's such a small world, here you are trying to bring the Russian love of your life here and right next door there is this horrible thing going on with these poor girls!!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline

That is just crazy. I'm glad you are there to help with the translations. I am also glad that there is help for the women. I work in social services and people trafficing is so much bigger than most people realize. These girls are brought to USA with promises of jobs and then their passports are taken away and they are told they have to work off their "debt" .

It's such a small world, here you are trying to bring the Russian love of your life here and right next door there is this horrible thing going on with these poor girls!!!

I could have saved a fortune on flights. The girl out front is hot.

That was just a joke. Its actually quite sad. Although I do want my dictionary back and I am leaving in a half hour. This is just crazy.

Lee.gif

Timeline

I could have saved a fortune on flights. The girl out front is hot.

That was just a joke. Its actually quite sad. Although I do want my dictionary back and I am leaving in a half hour. This is just crazy.

Damn. And you wouldn't have had to go through this whole immigration process. If you had known, you could have just gone there on your lunch break!! So much more convenient! LOL Just kidding too….

Good luck getting your dictionary back, and TG these women are going to be safe now....Florida is the number 2 state for human trafficking and central FL is one of the hot spots.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I've heard some crazy stories about these women. Pisses me off what these guys to too them/with them. I hope they are locked up forever with a big, mean, aggressive guys who give them the same treatment!

Timeline
al Hub Jameel...our timelines are almost the same

ooohhh...you're one of the lucky 11 that share the NAO1 date of Feb. 23!!! I'm Nora, nice to meet you! I hope we hear something soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
I hope they are locked up forever with a big, mean, aggressive guys who give them the same treatment!

:thumbs: YES!!!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline

ooohhh...you're one of the lucky 11 that share the NAO1 date of Feb. 23!!! I'm Nora, nice to meet you! I hope we hear something soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice to meet u too :)

when you called uscis what did they say?

They read me my status that is online(recieved and pending) and then they told me that sometimes people get approved before other people because of a variety of reasons, I'm still in normal processing time since it hasn't been 6 months, bla bla bla. I also called NVC to see if maybe I had been approved and didn't know it, but no luck. Seeing that there are 11 of us and no one has posted yet that they are approved, I feel much better.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
I've heard some crazy stories about these women. Pisses me off what these guys to too them/with them. I hope they are locked up forever with a big, mean, aggressive guys who give them the same treatment!

Yeah well I just saw the "pimp" and I don't think he'd mind the prison system. I know its a stereotypical thing to say, but I'll just say he looks a little light in the loafers if you know what I mean.

Lee.gif

Timeline

Yeah well I just saw the "pimp" and I don't think he'd mind the prison system. I know its a stereotypical thing to say, but I'll just say he looks a little light in the loafers if you know what I mean.

I don't get it :blink: But i hope he goes away for a long time and I hope he is MISERABLE in jail. Was he in handcuffs?

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

nice to meet u too :)

when you called uscis what did they say?

They read me my status that is online(recieved and pending) and then they told me that sometimes people get approved before other people because of a variety of reasons, I'm still in normal processing time since it hasn't been 6 months, bla bla bla. I also called NVC to see if maybe I had been approved and didn't know it, but no luck. Seeing that there are 11 of us and no one has posted yet that they are approved, I feel much better.

but the bad thing is that if they claim not to even have worked on it yet....it takes another 1-2 weeks in the mail :( i dont kno how much we hav to wait

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.