lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
NEED4SPEED Hey buddy would you turn those caps off please?

I don't think i am going to the interview. It will be hard to get a flight at the last minute and get the time off work at the last minute. She is a big girl and can take care of it by herself...as she told me!

by the things you say about Maria she sounds too cute "a big girl now" lmao

I don't think i am going to the interview. It will be hard to get a flight at the last minute and get the time off work at the last minute. She is a big girl and can take care of it by herself...as she told me!

*FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT* LMAO

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
I told Oksana the same thing. Most of her clothes are going to be worthless in Florida. I told her to pack only the light clothes. We'll nuy new stuff when she gets here. Siberian weather and Florida weather are so different that 90% of her wardrobe is too heavy.

You all should consider using those "space bags". When I go to bring my SO back here, I am taking a bunch of those. They are those space saving plastic bags that you suck the air out to compress the size. We'll be able to bring almost all her clothes back this way much easier.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Yeah her mom lives on Long Island so we will visit there often, but my family lives in S. Florida and we will probably alternate holidays. I am trying to convince her that New York is best in the summer. We'll see how that goes over.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, about 3 hours away from Orlando and my best friend is from Lithuania. She speaks Russian and so if your gal needs someone to talk to I'm sure Vilma would be happy to talk to her. And that is great that her mom is also in USA.....

that would be awesome. I have been preparing her for the first few weeks she is here. They are going to be difficult for her, because her only friends will be my friends. Which is fine, but we all generally work the same schedule so she won't have very many people to talk to or hang our with while I am at work. So anyways when she can make new friends is cool with me. Her mom is the best she flew into Russia the last time I was there just so we could spend Christmas together as a family.

Lee.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

sorry, i work with caps so i forget to turn them off.

She told me the same thing but i want a 100% sure thing she'll come here, everything is good and legit and im confident that they'll approve it, but if its denied then im gonna give up in trying and i'll just move down there, we have been trying to get married since 2008 in Peru and it was such a pain in the rear...we end up not getting married over there, in the end it was a waste of money and time...all because im a citizen and they required so much stuff from me, they seriously gave us a hard time...well, good luck to you all...lets hope the doc's interview and vaccines dont cost like over 1000 bucks...that would be nuts...!!

Wife's Adjustment of Status,EAD and AP:

09/05/09: POE- New York City

10/23/09: Marriage

02/19/10: Mailed AOS,EAD and AP via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox

02/23/10: FedEx online tracking confirmed delivery of AOS,EAD and AP at Chicago Lockbox

03/02/10: Check cashed

03/05/10: Received NOA1 for I495, AP and EAD (says it was done 3/2/2010)

03/12/10: Received NOA2 Biometrics letter. Appointment date: 03/22/10 (letter notice date: 03/08/10)

03/17/10: Received email/text message stating that CASE SENT TO CSC ON 03/16/10

03/26/10: Received notice AP has been approved and a notification has been mailed to me.

03/31/10: Received notice for EAD production

04/02/10: Received AP

04/05/10: Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
yes i told my gf that also. don't bring to much stuff cause it isn't as cold here.. roman how many more days do you have to go.?

Technically 6 days. By the time I wake up on the 14th, she would have finished the interview.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Timeline
I told Oksana the same thing. Most of her clothes are going to be worthless in Florida. I told her to pack only the light clothes. We'll nuy new stuff when she gets here. Siberian weather and Florida weather are so different that 90% of her wardrobe is too heavy.

You all should consider using those "space bags". When I go to bring my SO back here, I am taking a bunch of those. They are those space saving plastic bags that you suck the air out to compress the size. We'll be able to bring almost all her clothes back this way much easier.

they save you space and a little of air weight, but the luggage will still weight as if you were not using them. i have used them in my last couple of trips and like i said...they dont really save you weight, just space. They do come in handy though! :)

02/23/10: FedEx online tracking confirmed delivery of AOS,EAD and AP at Chicago Lockbox

03/12/10: Received NOA2 Biometrics letter. Appointment date: 03/22/10 (letter notice date: 03/08/10)

03/26/10: Received notice AP has been approved and a notification has been mailed to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Yeah her mom lives on Long Island so we will visit there often, but my family lives in S. Florida and we will probably alternate holidays. I am trying to convince her that New York is best in the summer. We'll see how that goes over.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, about 3 hours away from Orlando and my best friend is from Lithuania. She speaks Russian and so if your gal needs someone to talk to I'm sure Vilma would be happy to talk to her. And that is great that her mom is also in USA.....

that would be awesome. I have been preparing her for the first few weeks she is here. They are going to be difficult for her, because her only friends will be my friends. Which is fine, but we all generally work the same schedule so she won't have very many people to talk to or hang our with while I am at work. So anyways when she can make new friends is cool with me. Her mom is the best she flew into Russia the last time I was there just so we could spend Christmas together as a family.

Ohh that is so sweet! I'd be happy to introduce them. Guys, people have already updated today that they have been approved and it was last downloaded at 8AM. How does that work??? I hope more are on the way!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline

Lee if you want I can speak to her in Russian. So can Marina. So can most of my friends. The moral of the story is come to New York.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline

My girl has already acquainted with my friends here through facebook. Most people here wanna meet her already and also hang out with her...well both of us, it's like she's the one missing in our group because she gets along with everyone. Now i also gotta show her how to get around nyc which will be easy for her...also how to driveeee LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ohh that is so sweet! I'd be happy to introduce them. Guys, people have already updated today that they have been approved and it was last downloaded at 8AM. How does that work??? I hope more are on the way!!

Oh nevermind, they got their NAO2 yesterday and just updated today....

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline

by the things you say about Maria she sounds too cute "a big girl now" lmao

*FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT* LMAO

LMAO...hey!!!

Timeline
Maria is 5'4 and 100lbs and is full of attitude...very strong.. spunky... whatever you want to call it.... I love it!

Holy #######!!!!!!!!!!! It's like you are describing my Marina. Exactly the same. Maybe it's the Soviet gene.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
for Cuba is $450 can u believe that???and the exit permit $150 and the flight $260 ohhh and the intervview $131

grrrrrr

OMG. For Jordan it's only 60JD (about 90 USD) for medical and $131 visa/interview. I have read about Cuba being awful.....It's like if they come on a raft, they are fine. But if they try and do everything the legal and correct way, they have a really hard time. So unfair. :angry: Also, I'm very curious about your flight to Cuba and to USA. Do you have to travel to another country first or do we allow direct flights from Miami? When I lived in Belize I was going to try and go to Cuba from Mexico, but I heard rumors that there is a secret invisible stamp they put on our passports that could get us in trouble, so I never went. :unsure:

well Omaba aproved the law that says we are allowed to travel as many times as we want to Cuba..but has not signed it yet...since I already went in May..I had to buy a $100 religious license + ticket in order to be allowed to enter..I have to lie at customs and say iam going for religous purposes...if I didnt buy this license i wouldnt be able to go since I already went once this year...

You don't need to lie...it is for religious purposes... You are going to worship your SO...ya, that's it... :thumbs:

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.