lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Well the idea is not to be paying all these costs ever again in our lives. I'd walk to hell and back for him so a couple thousand dollars for this whole process is hard, but I'm solid on who I'm paying it for :D.

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I guess we'll just add the cost to this giant list. I wonder if him being in the military will change the cost at all? He probably already had a thorough exam before entering training camp.

Well, to be fair, the $131 is for the visa (actually not just K1, but others too), not the interview. The airline ticket is an airline ticket - if you want it cheaper, you can book ahead of time and wait...

On the other hand, the medical fee you are cornered into forking over...In the Philippines, the embassy site still says it is about $213, but it apparently is now around $430 I think...

WHAT??? $413?? Does this include the immunizations? (I think he is going to get his immunizations there since it will be cheaper than in USA I am thinking, and we will need for AOS) This is what it says on Jordan embassy website.

Cost of Medical Examinations

The following schedule of costs represents the maximum amount which authorized physicians may charge for a given service. These prices are subject to change only with the approval of the embassy. If you believe that a panel physician has charged you more than the maximum authorized amount, please contact the embassy immediately at Amman-IV@state.gov.

Medical Examination (Adult)

Includes chest X-ray, urinalysis, blood work, VDRL, and HIV test

60 JD per person (not including vaccines)

Vaccines

Cost to hospital plus 25%

(Note: this is the percentage pre-set by Jordanian Government for the hospital’s profit)

(5.18.09)

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our medical exams were $close to $1000.00 if you take into account the travel time and she had to get a bus ticket to go there and then taxi's. also the police report she had to pay for also. it's a very expensive situation.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
Our medical exams were $close to $1000.00 if you take into account the travel time and she had to get a bus ticket to go there and then taxi's. also the police report she had to pay for also. it's a very expensive situation.

I am just in shock!!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
Well the idea is not to be paying all these costs ever again in our lives. I'd walk to hell and back for him so a couple thousand dollars for this whole process is hard, but I'm solid on who I'm paying it for :D.

:thumbs:

They didn't even look at her cookie as she was so concerned... They took blood and x-rays and said come back at 3 for injection...

Oh good!!!! She must be so relieved!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
They didn't even look at her cookie as she was so concerned... They took blood and x-rays and said come back at 3 for injection...

Did she tell them "NO COOKIE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"???????????

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Timeline

oh i almost forgot. She has to go back which she will do this wednesday to get the results of the police report and medical exams. she has to do it and pay for another bus and more taxi's. the good news is she knows where everything is because she has to go to another city to do all of this. then she had to get police clearance from two cities also because she lived in two cities so the other city was 9 hours away so she had to take a bus to get there last week but at least they gave her the results then and there and doesn't have to go back.

she has to go to rio for interview which is 17 hours away so she is flying there to rio and that is another $160.00. the funniest thing is they have consulates where she use to live and the only one that does a visa for fiance is rio which is 17 hours away by bus. and not in a good area also.

Edited by Rich and Bey

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I guess we'll just add the cost to this giant list. I wonder if him being in the military will change the cost at all? He probably already had a thorough exam before entering training camp.

Well, to be fair, the $131 is for the visa (actually not just K1, but others too), not the interview. The airline ticket is an airline ticket - if you want it cheaper, you can book ahead of time and wait...

On the other hand, the medical fee you are cornered into forking over...In the Philippines, the embassy site still says it is about $213, but it apparently is now around $430 I think...

Hmm...seems that it won't let me edit my own post... So I guess I am gonna have to reply to myself...From a recent topic on the Philippines regional forum, it seems it still is actually $213...there is some misinformation out there...

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

Timeline
oh i almost forgot. She has to go back which she will do this wednesday to get the results of the police report and medical exams. she has to do it and pay for another bus and more taxi's. the good news is she knows where everything is because she has to go to another city to do all of this. then she had to get police clearance from two cities also because she lived in two cities so the other city was 9 hours away so she had to take a bus to get there last week but at least they gave her the results then and there and doesn't have to go back.

she has to go to rio for interview which is 17 hours away so she is flying there to rio and that is another $160.00. the funniest thing is they have consulates where she use to live and the only one that does a visa for fiance is rio which is 17 hours away by bus. and not in a good area also.

OMG this is just crazy. 17 hours??!! And I'm confused about the police clearance- is this specific for every country? Because when I contacted the embassy in Jordan, they said he did not need local police clearance from his city, but he needed a GID (which is like FBI) good conduct report. This is country wide, not city.....

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline

Then of course when they come here. they have to do the process over again here which i hear is very expensive also. so who knows it is a never ending money situation that we must do for our SO.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline

OMG this is just crazy. 17 hours??!! And I'm confused about the police clearance- is this specific for every country? Because when I contacted the embassy in Jordan, they said he did not need local police clearance from his city, but he needed a GID (which is like FBI) good conduct report. This is country wide, not city.....

My fiance had to get a federal clearance and a state clearance from her country. if she lived at more then one place for more than 6 months then she had to go to each state that she lived and get a police clearance from those states. so she lived in two different states and she had to get two police certificates from those states. so she went two weeks ago to the state she currently is in and she got the federal also with the state and then last week she had to take a bus 9 hours to get to the state she use to live in. but they gave it to her there but the other state she has to go back this week for because her id is from the other state which is sao paulo and that one is the 9 hour away. that is why they gave it to her last week right away because of the id.

so all in all it cost about $1000.00 if not more..

Edited by Rich and Bey

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline

My fiance had to get a federal clearance and a state clearance from her country. if she lived at more then one place for more than 6 months then she had to go to each state that she lived and get a police clearance from those states. so she lived in two different states and she had to get two police certificates from those states. so she went two weeks ago to the state she currently is in and she got the federal also with the state and then last week she had to take a bus 9 hours to get to the state she use to live in. but they gave it to her there but the other state she has to go back this week for because her id is from the other state which is sao paulo and that one is the 9 hour away. that is why they gave it to her last week right away because of the id.

Wow!!! God bless her!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.