lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Morning all...

Well... I woke up this morning at 4 am to call the Embassy in Prague. I asked if the paperwork got there and they said no. Then I told the Czech woman that I tracked it and they should have received it 6/29. She said Oh then its in the mail room still. We'll get to it in a week or two! And she was rude, but from what Maria says its common of them to be that way.

The Medical was today and it was $100 more than we thought. I'll have to the the "updater" here on VJ that it is a lot more than what is posted on this site. She has to get 1 injection today and she'll be good. Docs are at the translators and should be ready friday.

I'm glad others are getting good news... I'm sure there is more coming very soon!

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Maire: That girl sounds like a total whiny wanna-be baby who is TRYING to manipulate you with her emotions. Good for you for staying strong! And uh, not sure what the 7 knot voodoo thing is, but you are beginning to scare me.... :blink:

Roman: 1 more week??? Wow!!! Is your SO ok after her medical?? (That was you yesterday saying she was nervous??? )

Liz: From what I read it's not a very visable lunar eclipse unfortunately.

Susan: Have a good lunch!

Hello to everyone else that I missed! :)

Nora

No she is not nervous at all (which is odd). She is actually getting excited that in a week this process is going to be over. Once visa is issued, then it is just as simple as buying a plane ticket.

do u guys have to wait for an exit permit like in Cuba or as soon as u get the visa ur free to go?

Fortunately Ukraine is not a "communist" country anymore, so as soon as she has visa in hand she can leave.

:thumbs:

But I am worried about the fact that she has to wait for the visa via mail. That process sucks in Ukraine. The only thing that calms me down is that it is going to sent via FedEx.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Morning everyone!

How much is the medical costing for you guys?

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Timeline
Morning all...

Well... I woke up this morning at 4 am to call the Embassy in Prague. I asked if the paperwork got there and they said no. Then I told the Czech woman that I tracked it and they should have received it 6/29. She said Oh then its in the mail room still. We'll get to it in a week or two! And she was rude, but from what Maria says its common of them to be that way.

The Medical was today and it was $100 more than we thought. I'll have to the the "updater" here on VJ that it is a lot more than what is posted on this site. She has to get 1 injection today and she'll be good. Docs are at the translators and should be ready friday.

I'm glad others are getting good news... I'm sure there is more coming very soon!

Derek I feel for you brotha. Dealing with countries from Eastern Europe is truly a pain. Plus the way I see it, when we get to this point (interview or medical), they know that we are willing to pay $100 or $200 more. Just to get it over with and finish this agonizing process. This is what I call at straight rip off.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline

I guess we'll just add the cost to this giant list. I wonder if him being in the military will change the cost at all? He probably already had a thorough exam before entering training camp.

Timeline
Our Flight will be $1300... translated document $130 and the $131 interview and 10 bucks for the delivery of the visa

RIP OFF! but I would do it 2x for my BH

Thats the point Derek. They know that, so they can raise the prices to $1000 for the medical and people would have no choice but to pay.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline
Our Flight will be $1300... translated document $130 and the $131 interview and 10 bucks for the delivery of the visa

RIP OFF! but I would do it 2x for my BH

Thats the point Derek. They know that, so they can raise the prices to $1000 for the medical and people would have no choice but to pay.

If our medical costs 1k dollars... we're in for some rough times when he gets here, more so than it will be already! But so I hear.. the Greek American Embassy is laid back and will probably ask like 50 E or something. ( fingers crossed for laidbackness)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Morning all...

In the mail room for a week or 2? #######! And is she getting her medical before she recieves info from the embassy? Is that possible? I want to have mine do that too...

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Medical exams are good for one year. Yes it is possible in Prague... Send an email to your embassy... ask them all your questions.. I have several unanswered emails but I did get some answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I guess we'll just add the cost to this giant list. I wonder if him being in the military will change the cost at all? He probably already had a thorough exam before entering training camp.

Well, to be fair, the $131 is for the visa (actually not just K1, but others too), not the interview. The airline ticket is an airline ticket - if you want it cheaper, you can book ahead of time and wait...

On the other hand, the medical fee you are cornered into forking over...In the Philippines, the embassy site still says it is about $213, but it apparently is now around $430 I think...

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
for Cuba is $450 can u believe that???and the exit permit $150 and the flight $260 ohhh and the intervview $131

grrrrrr

OMG. For Jordan it's only 60JD (about 90 USD) for medical and $131 visa/interview. I have read about Cuba being awful.....It's like if they come on a raft, they are fine. But if they try and do everything the legal and correct way, they have a really hard time. So unfair. :angry: Also, I'm very curious about your flight to Cuba and to USA. Do you have to travel to another country first or do we allow direct flights from Miami? When I lived in Belize I was going to try and go to Cuba from Mexico, but I heard rumors that there is a secret invisible stamp they put on our passports that could get us in trouble, so I never went. :unsure:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
for Cuba is $450 can u believe that???and the exit permit $150 and the flight $260 ohhh and the intervview $131

grrrrrr

OMG. For Jordan it's only 60JD (about 90 USD) for medical and $131 visa/interview. I have read about Cuba being awful.....It's like if they come on a raft, they are fine. But if they try and do everything the legal and correct way, they have a really hard time. So unfair. :angry: Also, I'm very curious about your flight to Cuba and to USA. Do you have to travel to another country first or do we allow direct flights from Miami? When I lived in Belize I was going to try and go to Cuba from Mexico, but I heard rumors that there is a secret invisible stamp they put on our passports that could get us in trouble, so I never went. :unsure:

well Omaba aproved the law that says we are allowed to travel as many times as we want to Cuba..but has not signed it yet...since I already went in May..I had to buy a $100 religious license + ticket in order to be allowed to enter..I have to lie at customs and say iam going for religous purposes...if I didnt buy this license i wouldnt be able to go since I already went once this year...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.