Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
n where r u mr uncle richard?

I am behind the camera taking photos, like always

u freak! :devil:

smiley_slapbackhead.gif

In more ways that you will even KNOW! :P

But I can only imagine

Yes, you can, but you better work that imagination OVER-TIME!

mood_dirty.gif

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Maria and I are having a small ceremony on the beach as well. Then we are going to get a hotel room with a jacuzzi in the room thats right on the beach. Champagne and chill !!!!!

Seems all the Florida people have the same plan. We are doing the same thing. Ceremony on the beach, go out for dinner with the kids, Grandma and couple friends and then we are gonna stay on the beach in a hotel and the kids go off with Grandma.

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hey lil.

I think its just so much more practical if you live in Florida to do it like that.

My biggest struggle is trying to find time to write my vows and then translate them into russian. I haven't told Oksana thats what I am doing since thats my little surprise for her. I can't ask her for help either which makes it a bit more difficult as well.

Lee.gif

Timeline

I can read the alphabet more or less. It just doesn't lend itself to pronouncing words phonetically, because of where the word is stressed.

Its funny I was using a tutor and I am sure I was her worst student ever, but of course she would never say that. I am pretty sure I was able to butcher not only her language, but mine as well which when you really think about it is quite an accomplishment.

Lee.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
I can read the alphabet more or less. It just doesn't lend itself to pronouncing words phonetically, because of where the word is stressed.

Its funny I was using a tutor and I am sure I was her worst student ever, but of course she would never say that. I am pretty sure I was able to butcher not only her language, but mine as well which when you really think about it is quite an accomplishment.

That's sweet! It's my plan as well, to say my vows in Italian...although I won't even TRY with Sicilian, as that's basically an Arab/African mixture and insanely hard.

(Please see timeline for more detail)

I-129F Visa Submission
Feb. 09, 2009: I-129F Submitted
Aug. 24-25, 2009: Exam/Interview in Naples; VISA IN PASSPORT!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
October 2009: POE!!!
December 2009: Wedding!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission
Jan. 14, 2010: USPS confirms delivery at Chicago Lockbox (mailed 1/11)
Jan. 19, 2010: I-131, I-485, I-765 NOA's (received 1/23)
Mar. 04, 2010: Status changed to PERMANENT RESIDENT

I-751 Petition: Removal of Conditions
(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 10, 2012: I-751 NOA (received 1/13)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Eligible on March 4th, 2013 after 3 years as LPR
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)
Dec. 20, 2012: N-400 NOA
Jan. 14, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jul. 16, 2013: American History & English Exam

Aug. 23, 2013: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

That's sweet! It's my plan as well, to say my vows in Italian...although I won't even TRY with Sicilian, as that's basically an Arab/African mixture and insanely hard.

Good for you. Its my big sweeping romantic gesture. The irony is the only ones who will understand what I am saying are her and her mother. My own mother will have no clue as to what I am saying.

Lee.gif

Timeline
all my family and his speak only Spanish so I dont have a problem....

well aren't you special. :angry:

Just kidding. I figure she is going to say her vows in my language I should be able to do the same for her.

Lee.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hilarious! and the most thoughtful and romantic gesture I have heard of in a long time. My plan was to get married on the beach as well...but that is out of the window now with the 2nd surgery. :crying::crying:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.