lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Well my take on it....first yeah I'd be seriously annoyed. Your SO should have told you about it and not hear it from someone else. As for the mother in law....well she's in a difficult position as well. Its her best friend's daughter...really what is she supposed to do? Tell her best friend..."I'm sorry but since your daughter slept with my son X number of years ago and he's now getting married she can't come over to my house anymore"

As for the person who "HAD" to tell you....seriously...####### is their problem? Like your SO said...its the past...why bring it up and toss it in your face like that.

Your mother in law probably assumed that it was the past and that you'd never know so it would never hurt you.

well our town in Cuba is so small...that everyone knows everyone...and I guess they told me since this girl is going over there this summer and there were rumors that she is going to see him...

I just pray for this process to be over...cus the drama is putting so much pressure on me..I had to set aside that incident on my first day in Cuba and try to take advantage of my time with him as much as possible....and this is tough...cus in one side is the pain of this and on the other 10days to try to be happy....I had to forget it and pretend like I didnt care cus I had missed him so much...

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think she would since your SO has already confirmed it and you confronted the girl. Who knows people choose to lie about the strangest things sometimes.

i confronted my mother-in-law not the girl....but since I did Iam sure she will tell the girl pretty soon if she didnt last night already...and Iam sure the girl will think she is a threat to me cus Iam upset..but w.e Im just upset that if we are engaged she has no business in my in-laws house..but that boundary should be set by my in-laws themselves out of respect for me...at least thats my thought...but again iam very old fashion when it comes to respect and relationships....

So are you saying that for our VJ reunion, I should be packing???? Myself and the 2 Richards will take care of the situation. :devil: We will not let this chick mess with our Maire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad to know u got my back!!!!!

BTW, damn straight we have your back!!! If you want, we can all have a sit down with this other chick when we come down for the party!

-------------------

TIMELINE:

Feb 23, 2009 - Sent I-129F to VSC Feb 25, 2009 - Received at VSC

Feb 26, 2009 - NOA 1 Mar 2, 2009 - Touched Mar 3, 2009 - Check cashed/touched Mar 4, 2009 - NOA 1 hardcopy

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email July 6, 2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy

Mar 11, 2009 - Igor's list # 414 Mar 18, 2009 - Igor's list # 396 Mar 25, 2009 - Igor's list # 381

Apr 1, 2009 - Igor's list # 354 Apr 8, 2009 - Igor's list # 339 Apr 15, 2009 - Igor's list # 324

Apr 22, 2009 - Igor's list # 311 Apr 29, 2009 - Igor's list # 300 May 6, 2009 - Igor's list # 274

May 13, 2009 - Igor's list # 262 May 20, 2009 - Igor's list # 257 May 27, 2009 - Igor's list # 255

June 3, 2009 - Igor's list # 225 June 10, 2009 - Igor's list # 208 June 17, 2009 - Igor's list # 201

June 24, 2009 - Igor's list # 196

June 30, 2009 - NOA2 email recieved! (Igor's list #185 at time of approval)

July 10, 2009 - NVC Received

July 17, 2009 - USEM Manila took delivery

July 23, 2009 - USEM Interview set for Aug 10

Timeline
I think she would since your SO has already confirmed it and you confronted the girl. Who knows people choose to lie about the strangest things sometimes.

i confronted my mother-in-law not the girl....but since I did Iam sure she will tell the girl pretty soon if she didnt last night already...and Iam sure the girl will think she is a threat to me cus Iam upset..but w.e Im just upset that if we are engaged she has no business in my in-laws house..but that boundary should be set by my in-laws themselves out of respect for me...at least thats my thought...but again iam very old fashion when it comes to respect and relationships....

So are you saying that for our VJ reunion, I should be packing???? Myself and the 2 Richards will take care of the situation. :devil: We will not let this chick mess with our Maire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course!!!!! Plus I love MOJITOS!!!!!!!!! And I will not let some random chick, spoil my trip to Miami and February VJ reunion. :protest:

yeayyyy parrrtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I make the best Cuban food u can ever eat!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Of course!!!!! Plus I love MOJITOS!!!!!!!!! And I will not let some random chick, spoil my trip to Miami and February VJ reunion. :protest:

mmmmmmm mojitos.......better make that a late reunion....I don't get my visa till way after you guys! lol Then again....I'll be in Tampa and you're in NY..I still may beat you to Miami. lol

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

mmmmmmm mojitos.......better make that a late reunion....I don't get my visa till way after you guys! lol Then again....I'll be in Tampa and you're in NY..I still may beat you to Miami. lol

Not the way I drive!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Timeline

yeayyyy parrrtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I make the best Cuban food u can ever eat!!!!!

And I make amazing shish kebabs (Ukrainian style baby)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Rich!!!!!!!!!!! We going down to Miami for a reunion party and kick some chick's butt. You in????

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline

Dont worry well wait... :star:

wow what a melting pot that will be!!!! food from all over the world LMAO....yummy

Timeline
Well my take on it....first yeah I'd be seriously annoyed. Your SO should have told you about it and not hear it from someone else. As for the mother in law....well she's in a difficult position as well. Its her best friend's daughter...really what is she supposed to do? Tell her best friend..."I'm sorry but since your daughter slept with my son X number of years ago and he's now getting married she can't come over to my house anymore"

As for the person who "HAD" to tell you....seriously...####### is their problem? Like your SO said...its the past...why bring it up and toss it in your face like that.

Your mother in law probably assumed that it was the past and that you'd never know so it would never hurt you.

well our town in Cuba is so small...that everyone knows everyone...and I guess they told me since this girl is going over there this summer and there were rumors that she is going to see him...

I just pray for this process to be over...cus the drama is putting so much pressure on me..I had to set aside that incident on my first day in Cuba and try to take advantage of my time with him as much as possible....and this is tough...cus in one side is the pain of this and on the other 10days to try to be happy....I had to forget it and pretend like I didnt care cus I had missed him so much...

rumors that she's going to see him? Yeah that needs to be nipped in the bud. You don't need that kind of ####### right now. I still stand by the person that told you is an idiot. What you said is exactly what I was thinking...you go all the way there to see your man and have to deal with that BS? GRRRRRRRRRR that makes me so mad. You need to step back and take a look at the whole picture though. Do you feel she is a threat in anyway? Do you feel your mother in law is deliberately trying to be disrespectful? Do you feel your SO was trying to hide this from you or do you believe he figured it was insignificant and didn't tell you as it would just upset you for no reason. If you feel she isn't a threat, your mother in law was just pretending it never happened and your SO felt it was insignificant.....then I'd just let it go. Unless of course she's hitting on your man then its time to kick some a$$

Edited by LiLMermaid

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline

rumors that she's going to see him? Yeah that needs to be nipped in the bud. You don't need that kind of ####### right now. I still stand by the person that told you is an idiot. What you said is exactly what I was thinking...you go all the way there to see your man and have to deal with that BS? GRRRRRRRRRR that makes me so mad. You need to step back and take a look at the whole picture though. Do you feel she is a threat in anyway? Do you feel your mother in law is deliberately trying to be disrespectful? Do you feel your SO was trying to hide this from you or do you believe he figured it was insignificant and didn't tell you as it would just upset you for no reason. If you feel she isn't a threat, your mother in law was just pretending it never happened and your SO felt it was insignificant.....then I'd just let it go. Unless of course she's hitting on your man then its time to kick some a$$

i wouldnt say it better myself...he didnt tell me cus he thought I knew and because it was before "us", my mother in law didnt tell me because she didnt want to worry me with something that was insignificant (according to her), the chick is not a threat to me. She is a 20year old that doesnt work ,doesnt drive, doesnt do anything because her parents have lots of money. However, she is a female and very pretty :unsure: and I still cant believe my SO went to low grrrrrrrrrrr.....I trust him..but I donttt trust women...I just hope I get my NO2 before she goes there(she is going for a 1month apparently) and knowing myself I would go nuts here knowing she is there....

Edited by Maire

Timeline

i wouldnt say it better myself...he didnt tell me cus he thought I knew and because it was before "us", my mother in law didnt tell me because she didnt want to worry me with something that was insignificant (according to her), the chick is not a threat to me. She is a 20year old that doesnt work ,doesnt drive, doesnt do anything because her parents have lots of money. However, she is a female and very pretty :unsure: and I still cant believe my SO went to low grrrrrrrrrrr.....I trust him..but I donttt trust women...I just hope I get my NO2 before she goes there(she is going for a 1month apparently) and knowing myself I would go nuts here knowing she is there....

Yeah I wouldn't want her there when you aren't either. That would drive me nuts too...this process is hard enough without dealing with the rumor mill.

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Timeline

I call for an emergency meeting of the troops (VJ February battalion) in Havana to discuss this situation aaaand of course MOJITOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Roman&Marina

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline

I agree...and that town consits of around 150 people imagine!

I call for an emergency meeting in Havana to discuss this situation aaaand of course MOJITOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO may be this situation is a reason for an expedited visa???? *wishful thinking*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

That's BS about the Ex hanging at the in-laws! It's disrespectful and you are correct in your thinking about it. I agree whole heartedly that she should not be around at all considering the circumstances. IMHO...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.