V&J2005

Hi, I'm from Peru

728 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi! I'm not from Peru but fiancee' is in Arequipa (we just got NOA 1 on May5). I live in south central PA. I've enjoyed reading your posts because I have been so worried about things he will miss from home once he is here. I've already found a wonderful Peruvian restaurant and market where we can find some Peruvian foods. I'm even practicing some cooking for him-ha. His favorite dessert is Tres Leche cake. I've been looking for a recipe for it but the ones I've come across dont seem like the ones I've seen in Peru. If anyone has or knows where I can get the recipe for this please let me know.

Thanks for letting me barge in on your posts!

hi susanita and enita

I was looking the videos some ppl download in youtube about the peruvian parade in NJ

here a link

I have never been in any kind of peruvgian parade or festival in my city

and Enita about miss Peru I think the worst are the 1st months..of course we are diff and maybe you fiancee won't miss so much Peru but I think somehow sometimes you think about home,your family, the food, your friends, the style of life you were used to,etc....

after 4 years living in US I kinda miss my family the most in holidays, xmas, thnksgiving even we don't celebrate thxgiving but still I miss them around that time

its nice you are looking for a place you can take him in you area, it's a great idea

in my case my 1st lunch in this country was a burrito from chipotle :)

my husband though I would like it but I never tried mexican food before coming to US

thats ironic for many ppl

well keep in touch and let us know how you your fiancee is doing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

hi susanita and enita

I was looking the videos some ppl download in youtube about the peruvian parade in NJ

here a link

I have never been in any kind of peruvgian parade or festival in my city

and Enita about miss Peru I think the worst are the 1st months..of course we are diff and maybe you fiancee won't miss so much Peru but I think somehow sometimes you think about home,your family, the food, your friends, the style of life you were used to,etc....

after 4 years living in US I kinda miss my family the most in holidays, xmas, thnksgiving even we don't celebrate thxgiving but still I miss them around that time

its nice you are looking for a place you can take him in you area, it's a great idea

in my case my 1st lunch in this country was a burrito from chipotle :)

my husband though I would like it but I never tried mexican food before coming to US

thats ironic for many ppl

well keep in touch and let us know how you your fiancee is doing

Thanks Susita for the info on the cake.

And Veroka thanks for the info and clip you sent.

The festival looks like a lot of fun. The music makes me want to dance- ha. That is something I would definatly like to go to.

My fiancee' is doing well- right now its mostly missing each other thats the toughest, but I'm sure you all understand that.

I will keep everyone posted on our case is going- right now just waiting................and praying.

Have a great night!!!!!!

5/01/2010- Mailed I-129-F
5/03/2010- I-129F received at Vermont processing center
5/04/2010- NOA 1 (received on 5/10/2010)
5/06/2010- Check cashed by USCIS
6/22/2010- NOA 2 (received on 6/26/2010)
6/24/2010- NVC received application
6/28/2010- Application sent to Lima embassy
7/07/2010- Consulate Received Application
7/09/2010- Pkt 3 sent to fiancee' (which he still hasn't received)
7/15/2010- E-mailed embassy & got response back- they said to watch for pkt in mail and gave me inteview date
8/16/2010- Interview- need an additional police certificate from Costa Rica :( so not approved today, but once they receive certificate will mail visa :)
8/16/2010-Trip to Costa Rica embassy for help with certificate- Let the games begin
8/17/2010-Trip to Notary, trip to Minister Relacciones Exteriores, trip to Notary collage
8/18/2010-Back to notary collage, back to MRE, back to Costa Rica embassy
8/19/2010-Back to MRE
8/20/2010-Back to Costa Rica embassy- whew,finally, "stamp collection" on paper complete and can now attempt to get actual police certificate needed

11/01/2010-all paperwork in - Approved

12/12/2010-He arrived here!! :joy:

1/11/2011-married (L)

1/14/2015-Spouse applied for citizenship

3/27/2015-biometrics appointment

5/6/2015-interview

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Wow!!! :wow: Que alegria encontrar Peruanos por esta via. Tengo en USA ya casi 6 meses y aun me falta acostumbrarme a algunas cosas. Lo mas sorprendente es que mi esposo es original de OHIO pero vivimos en Florida.

Me da tanta alegria saber de ustedes!!! Les deseo lo mejor.

Andrea.

Timeline

Wow!!! :wow: Que alegria encontrar Peruanos por esta via. Tengo en USA ya casi 6 meses y aun me falta acostumbrarme a algunas cosas. Lo mas sorprendente es que mi esposo es original de OHIO pero vivimos en Florida.

Me da tanta alegria saber de ustedes!!! Les deseo lo mejor.

Andrea.

gusto en conocerte andrea

y a proposito cmo estuvo el festival Enita?

Timeline

Hola Andrea :) bienvenida al foro de Peru!

Mi esposo es de Lima, San Bartolo y yo soy una nuyorquina :)

Vivimos en NY ahora y mi esposo vino hace 2 años. Hay algunas cosas que todavia le sorprenden, pero parece que ya se acustumbró. Fue a Lima en enero y me dijo que se habia acustumbrado tanto al transito de acá, que cuando vio la locura que es el transito en Lima, se asustó. :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What's up with these prices to Lima? Seems like the airlines have jacked up the prices! Anyone know of any promotions? Even Spirit is charing $600-$800 from Miami!

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

I justa came back from Lima and paid for me and my baby almost $950 but a little more than what I paid in January, it depends of the season, as far as I know september, october and november are good seasons to travel to Lima

sofsmile-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Timeline

What's up with these prices to Lima? Seems like the airlines have jacked up the prices! Anyone know of any promotions? Even Spirit is charing $600-$800 from Miami!

try buying directly from taca - I usually find $400-600 round trip from JFK =)

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Timeline

Any Peruvians in Maine?? I just moved to Portland while I wait for the NOA2, which I hope will come soon =)

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Filed: Timeline

Right now Spirit is $450 round trip from Ft Lauderdale...the catch is you have to pay $35 each way for checked baggage AND they only fly on Sat and Sun now. I prefer LAN, they are decent when you book at least 3 weeks in advance and include two checked bags. AA is not too bad from Miami, they include the Peru Departure Tax in the fare and two checked bags.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello

I was wondering if anyone here can help me with this...or let me know a better place to find information.

My Peruvian fiance and I (I'm a U.S. citizen) are planning to travel to Italy for my best friend's wedding. We have been living together in Lima for a little over a year. He has never been out of Peru, but his father and sister have traveled to Europe and Asia before. Do you think it's possible he will be approved for a tourist visa to Italy? What kind of documentation would he need to apply for one? Also, the flights I have been looking at have stops in Miami and London I believe...would he need a transit visa for that as well? Any insight would be appreciated.

Oh..we did apply for a fiance visa (to the U.S.) the petition was approved and we were called for an interview but we decided to end the process as we decided not to go to the states..don't know if that makes any difference in the situation.

*~Meghan~*

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Sorry but I have to say thta the bEst airline flying to Peru is LAN, AA sucks!!!! the plane, the service, nothing like LAN!

That's because Lan has direct flights from NY... I used to fly AA and it got really exhausting after they switched their hub to Miami instead of Dallas... now I love Delta, the seats have definitely more room than AA!!!

C (Oregon, USA) & Melissa (Lima, PERU)

---

K1- 129F: Profile - Signature and Story

--

05/27/2005 We are married!

06/02/2005 Got Marriage Certificate

06/02/2005 Change name in SSC

06/11/2005 Receive SSC

--

AOS: Profile - Signature and Story

--

EAD: Profile - Signature and Story

--

10/06/2006 Find out we are pregnant!!

05/29/2007 Our boy is born

--

08/14/2007 Start gathering documents for I751

08/29/2007 Mailed I751

08/30/2007 I751 received at NSC

09/27/2007 Received NOA1 in the mail, dated 08/30/2007

10/04/2007 Received Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2007 Biometrics 1pm

11/30/2007 Card production ordered!! Whoohooo!!!!

Wish Upon a Plane

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.