Peter&Alyona

Got Blue letter after 13 months stating insufficient Documents?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

[

Possible reasons:

1. They just lose the documents somehow.

2. Quality control lucky draw.

3. The person reviewing the file woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Anyone has any idea on a check list? May be I can start some and you guys please feel free to add on:

Financial:

1. Joint tax return

2. Joint bank account statement

3. Joint mortgage or lease

4. Joint electricity bill

5. Joint phone bill

6. Joint cable TV bill

Other circumstantial:

7. Children's birth certificate plus photo for the couple with the children, if you're rich, you can even send in DNA testing result

8. Auto insurance

9. Life insurance

10. Health insurance

11. Affidavits from two people that can prove the relationship is bona fide

12. Photos - family/daily throughout the entire marriage (not only wedding photos because I-751 needs evidence for ongoing relationship)

13. Pet adoption receipt or certificate plus photo for the couple with the pet

14. Letters or holiday cards address to the couple

I'm thinking they require at least 4 to 5 from both financial and circumstantial sides so total 8 to 10 different items. What do you guys think?

I sent the first time everything you just listed and more, but no utility bills joint except cell phone showing family plan, no life insurance..yet, no auto insurance ( she doesn't drive yet ), no children..yet and no adopted pets, but everything else. I didn't send transcripts of our joint taxes, I will this time and have a full 3 years to give them. And for your possible reasons? I'm guessing 1 and 3

-Sent I -129 F out by Express Mail on 07/27/2004

-Arrived and signed for on 07/28/2004 at VSC.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Notice date online 07/29/04

-Received 1NOA in mail 08/04/04

-Received 2NOA online 08/11/04

-Received 2NOA in mail 08/14/04

-Received by NVC on 08/12/04

-Sent to Moscow Embassy on 09/01/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

-Visa APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/28/2004 ( Writing this message from my fiancee's home in Sarapul Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Yep not including Joint tax returns will get you a RFE they are a must. As there has been such a big backlog of applications it is no wonder it has taken they this long to request the information you failed to include when you filed.

I am sure once they get the information you will get your approval very quickly.

Timeline
Yep not including Joint tax returns will get you a RFE they are a must. As there has been such a big backlog of applications it is no wonder it has taken they this long to request the information you failed to include when you filed.

I am sure once they get the information you will get your approval very quickly.

No, I sent a joint return copy from H&R Block we did online, but they weren't transcripts or personally signed by anyone.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

-Visa APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/28/2004 ( Writing this message from my fiancee's home in Sarapul Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I sent a joint return copy from H&R Block we did online, but they weren't transcripts or personally signed by anyone.

IRS transcripts are a must. It is reason for an RFE.

Also, all the other information (bills, bank, etc) must span the length of your marriage.

Totally agreed. Joint tax return is a must have, minimum one year. The more the merrier.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Timeline
. It is reason for an RFE.

Also, all the other information (bills, bank, etc) must span the length of your marriage.

Let's see, because I know a few people personally who just sent copies and have no other joint items together and were approved, makes no sense to me. But I'll send them as a good boy.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

. It is reason for an RFE.

Let's see, because I know a few people personally who just sent copies and have no other joint items together and were approved, makes no sense to me. But I'll send them as a good boy.

Don't send them then. After all, it is not MY removal of conditions, so why would I care?

I'm outta this thread.

I would guess somewhere in course of last conversation this attitude came out...LOL

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
Quick suggestion:

Resend your previous evidence and add anything you might have missed.

I completely agree. They may have 'misplaced' the original documents. Like others have said include this years Tax return and any other evidence you may have acquired in the last year like Christmas/Thanksgiving pictures.

Good luck!! :thumbs:

I-751 Removal of Conditions

01/10/08 - Application sent to VSC

01/22/08 - Application Received

02/02/08 - Biometrics done

01/29/09 - I-551 stamped in passport at Tampa ofc

04/25/09 - RFE received

04/27/09 - RFE Sent back to VSC with additional documentation

05/11/09 - Approval notice received

05/18/09 - GreenCard arrived!!!

I would guess somewhere in course of last conversation this attitude came out...LOL

Now there is no need for attitude here. Peace everyone! We all know that the economy is bad, wars are getting serious, USCIS likes to screw up, etc. If everyone can think towards the positive side, this world will seem a lot prettier, it might not reflects the truth but positive thinking makes people feel better and when people feel better, they treat everyone around them better, then may be one day things will turn towrds the good way. Have faith, don't give up! If things are bad enough already and people keep thinking negative, how can things get any better? So calm down and chill out!

Now go back to the topic. Preferably tax return has to be IRS transcript, it's true that no where in the instructions said it has to be, but that's called "official" and USCIS can't call it into question. Obviously you print out from H&R Block and they don't like it. So when you request the transcript from IRS, better request two, because I would send the original to USCIS so there is nothing they can criticize about (just my two cents and although on the instructions said the document doesn't have to be original, I won't get mad at you even if you don't follow) and keep another original for yourself. Again just in case or to be on the safe side.

I know all of us want to ask if they want original from the beginning why do they say document doesn't have to be original. I don't know but I do know that originals make people feel that it's real and if you're not sending in original, you better put a disclaimer on the cover letter saying "Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered original documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration Officer upon request", it just shows them that you're not faking it. Again, just my two cents and you don't have to follow, I won't get mad.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Timeline

Right?

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

Timeline
Quick suggestion:

Resend your previous evidence and add anything you might have missed.

I completely agree. They may have 'misplaced' the original documents. Like others have said include this years Tax return and any other evidence you may have acquired in the last year like Christmas/Thanksgiving pictures.

Good luck!! :thumbs:

You know what's funny? It said right on the letter "Don't send copies of documents previously submitted" but I guess that's there way of saying they didn't lose anything. OK, I'm sending them anyway.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

Timeline

Now there is no need for attitude here. Peace everyone! We all know that the economy is bad, wars are getting serious, USCIS likes to screw up, etc. If everyone can think towards the positive side, this world will seem a lot prettier, it might not reflects the truth but positive thinking makes people feel better and when people feel better, they treat everyone around them better, then may be one day things will turn towrds the good way. Have faith, don't give up! If things are bad enough already and people keep thinking negative, how can things get any better? So calm down and chill out!

Now go back to the topic. Preferably tax return has to be IRS transcript, it's true that no where in the instructions said it has to be, but that's called "official" and USCIS can't call it into question. Obviously you print out from H&R Block and they don't like it. So when you request the transcript from IRS, better request two, because I would send the original to USCIS so there is nothing they can criticize about (just my two cents and although on the instructions said the document doesn't have to be original, I won't get mad at you even if you don't follow) and keep another original for yourself. Again just in case or to be on the safe side.

I know all of us want to ask if they want original from the beginning why do they say document doesn't have to be original. I don't know but I do know that originals make people feel that it's real and if you're not sending in original, you better put a disclaimer on the cover letter saying "Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered original documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration Officer upon request", it just shows them that you're not faking it. Again, just my two cents and you don't have to follow, I won't get mad.

I'm not the one who is got mad. I thank everyone for there advise, that's why I'm here.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you don't want to send the items you have already sent you can definitely send a list of the items you have already sent and say you are adding the following items (then list the new items) to the list of items already submitted. It will draw their attention to the fact that you did send them specific documents and if there is something specific they have misplaced, they can then ask for it again - or look around and find the rest of your misplaced file! Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 7 months later...
My wife and I sent out our I751 December of 2007 to the VSC and just now we receive this blue letter telling us that the documetation we sent was insufficient? We sent a lot of proof, I think there not on the ball over there or they lost our info. Did any of you receive the same letter? Just trying to see if there is a pattern here or if it's just us. Why don't they just interview us ( we'll prove it ) and get it over with. I hate feeling like we're being accused of something illegal. Makes you wonder what types of people work there! Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

We are in the same situation you were back on february. Yesterday, september 24th, 2009, I received the same blue letter. Can you tell me how things worked out for you? I'm a little scare about this thing. I don't know what else we can send them.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.