Peter&Alyona

Got Blue letter after 13 months stating insufficient Documents?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife and I sent out our I751 December of 2007 to the VSC and just now we receive this blue letter telling us that the documetation we sent was insufficient? We sent a lot of proof, I think there not on the ball over there or they lost our info. Did any of you receive the same letter? Just trying to see if there is a pattern here or if it's just us. Why don't they just interview us ( we'll prove it ) and get it over with. I hate feeling like we're being accused of something illegal. Makes you wonder what types of people work there! Thanks Peter

-Sent I -129 F out by Express Mail on 07/27/2004

-Arrived and signed for on 07/28/2004 at VSC.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Notice date online 07/29/04

-Received 1NOA in mail 08/04/04

-Received 2NOA online 08/11/04

-Received 2NOA in mail 08/14/04

-Received by NVC on 08/12/04

-Sent to Moscow Embassy on 09/01/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

-Visa APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/28/2004 ( Writing this message from my fiancee's home in Sarapul Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
My wife and I sent out our I751 December of 2007 to the VSC and just now we receive this blue letter telling us that the documetation we sent was insufficient? We sent a lot of proof, I think there not on the ball over there or they lost our info. Did any of you receive the same letter? Just trying to see if there is a pattern here or if it's just us. Why don't they just interview us ( we'll prove it ) and get it over with. I hate feeling like we're being accused of something illegal. Makes you wonder what types of people work there! Thanks Peter

What evidence did you send with your application? I dont thnk they are accusing you of fraud I think it is just a request for more evidence, so they can make a desission on your case.

Timeline
What (exactly) does the letter say?

It's a light blus letter, Notice of Action.

It said, "The documentation submitted is insufficient and the USCIS requires certain additional documentation in order to process my application" I have to respond by 3-20-09.

And the list of things they look for is the same list that's on the I751 form. They don't specify, just give examples. I've been through all the stages so far and never had a problem until now.

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

-Visa APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/28/2004 ( Writing this message from my fiancee's home in Sarapul Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally understand your feeling. Please calm down, people who work there are human and human make mistakes, and I know that's not enough for an excuse if that's their fault but you must send in more evidence because that's what they ask and you must do. May be your RFE is one of those quality control lucky draw but by all means they do have right to ask for more evidence if they feel that your previous evidence is not enough. Getting angry at them is not going to grant you the 10 year green card. Here is what I would do, just my 2 cents:

I think they already have the evidence for you before December 2007. Sent in evidence for throughout the period from January 2008 to January 2009. That way they know that the marriage is ongoing. You may type up a cover letter saying what did you sent in last time plus what you're sending in this time. If they compare your list and find out they don't have your old items, then it's their fault but of course they won't be so stupid to tell you that they lost your stuff. So now the new items are coming to help them to make a decision on your case. I even put on my cover letter on the last paragraph that "If you feel this is not enough evidence to prove our bona fide marriage, please come to our house and see for yourself, we always welcome you for dinner". Don't forget to put a copy of the blue letter on top of the new evidence because they always need that letter for their own reference. Also make copy of everything that you sent in, including last time and this time just in case.

If after you sent in more evidence and they deny you, then that is called "accuse" and you can get congressman involved or go directly to see the immigration judge. Then the copies that you made and kept for yourself is going to help you at this stage.

Hope you feel better!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Well, in our case, Ive already received my visa (CR1). We found out that we have a RFE at NVC stage in November because my husband called NVC, and they inform us that 3 weeks previously at that time, they sent us letter/notice of action asking for us to provide additional doc. If we didnt call NVC, we would have been waiting for the visa interview thinking all is well, and like you, 13 months later or so only receive the letter. Until now, my husband, me nor our US based lawyer never receive that particular letter. ;)

.png

Timeline

I totally understand your feeling. Please calm down, people who work there are human and human make mistakes, and I know that's not enough for an excuse if that's their fault but you must send in more evidence because that's what they ask and you must do. May be your RFE is one of those quality control lucky draw but by all means they do have right to ask for more evidence if they feel that your previous evidence is not enough. Getting angry at them is not going to grant you the 10 year green card. Here is what I would do, just my 2 cents:

I think they already have the evidence for you before December 2007. Sent in evidence for throughout the period from January 2008 to January 2009. That way they know that the marriage is ongoing. You may type up a cover letter saying what did you sent in last time plus what you're sending in this time. If they compare your list and find out they don't have your old items, then it's their fault but of course they won't be so stupid to tell you that they lost your stuff. So now the new items are coming to help them to make a decision on your case. I even put on my cover letter on the last paragraph that "If you feel this is not enough evidence to prove our bona fide marriage, please come to our house and see for yourself, we always welcome you for dinner". Don't forget to put a copy of the blue letter on top of the new evidence because they always need that letter for their own reference. Also make copy of everything that you sent in, including last time and this time just in case.

If after you sent in more evidence and they deny you, then that is called "accuse" and you can get congressman involved or go directly to see the immigration judge. Then the copies that you made and kept for yourself is going to help you at this stage.

Hope you feel better!

That's what is has to be. A year went by and now they still want to make sure we're still married? Fine, why don't they just state that and I'll send the proof and that's that. No, they beat around the bush. And if you call them it's like the blind leading the blind. I think this is because a month ago, I push them into why my case is taking so long and it's out of thier time frame.

Well, in our case, Ive already received my visa (CR1). We found out that we have a RFE at NVC stage in November because my husband called NVC, and they inform us that 3 weeks previously at that time, they sent us letter/notice of action asking for us to provide additional doc. If we didnt call NVC, we would have been waiting for the visa interview thinking all is well, and like you, 13 months later or so only receive the letter. Until now, my husband, me nor our US based lawyer never receive that particular letter. ;)

Unrelated

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

They have been sending a few RFE lately. Send them all you have, send them all your joint taxes, including 2007 taxes which they don't have because you file before doing them. I know they make you feel like you're a fraud or something, try to calm down, I know it can be frustrating. Just send them what they want by the required date. Also someone suggested to make a copy of the blue letter to send with the package, as I recall you have to send the actual blue letter with the package, keep the copy for yourself.

And remember, it's not just you, others have been getting RFE, you'll be fine. We just have to do what they ask us to.

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Will be perfect if you tell us what exactly you sent in the original I-751 Package and that way we can help you to see what will be good to send now with the RFE

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

I got the same thing. All you need to do is to send them what they want. This is by design. They want a proof that the marriage is still going on.

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

They have been sending a few RFE lately. Send them all you have, send them all your joint taxes, including 2007 taxes which they don't have because you file before doing them. I know they make you feel like you're a fraud or something, try to calm down, I know it can be frustrating. Just send them what they want by the required date. Also someone suggested to make a copy of the blue letter to send with the package, as I recall you have to send the actual blue letter with the package, keep the copy for yourself.

And remember, it's not just you, others have been getting RFE, you'll be fine. We just have to do what they ask us to.

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Oh! Sorry! You're correct. Have to send in the original and keep copy for yourself. Thanks for the correction. :thumbs:

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Timeline
I got the same thing. All you need to do is to send them what they want. This is by design. They want a proof that the marriage is still going on.

This is what it sounds like to me. But besides updating the joint taxes, bank statements, joint insurance, joint lease and phone bills, that's all we've got. No kids ( yet) and no credit cards. I'll throw in a couple of personal notarized letters too and a stool sample. :wacko:

-Received on 07/28/04

-Interview date 10/28/04

This is what it sounds like to me. But besides updating the joint taxes, bank statements, joint insurance, joint lease and phone bills, that's all we've got. No kids ( yet) and no credit cards. I'll throw in a couple of personal notarized letters too and a stool sample. :wacko:

Stool sample...funny stuff

Look if it's any consolation I've read about people getting RFE even when they have sent birth certificates of children they've had in their marriage. We will never understand how USCIS does things.

Stool sample...funny stuff

Look if it's any consolation I've read about people getting RFE even when they have sent birth certificates of children they've had in their marriage. We will never understand how USCIS does things.

Possible reasons:

1. They just lose the documents somehow.

2. Quality control lucky draw.

3. The person reviewing the file woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Anyone has any idea on a check list? May be I can start some and you guys please feel free to add on:

Financial:

1. Joint tax return

2. Joint bank account statement

3. Joint mortgage or lease

4. Joint electricity bill

5. Joint phone bill

6. Joint cable TV bill

Other circumstantial:

7. Children's birth certificate plus photo for the couple with the children, if you're rich, you can even send in DNA testing result

8. Auto insurance

9. Life insurance

10. Health insurance

11. Affidavits from two people that can prove the relationship is bona fide

12. Photos - family/daily throughout the entire marriage (not only wedding photos because I-751 needs evidence for ongoing relationship)

13. Pet adoption receipt or certificate plus photo for the couple with the pet

14. Letters or holiday cards address to the couple

I'm thinking they require at least 4 to 5 from both financial and circumstantial sides so total 8 to 10 different items. What do you guys think?

Edited by jasminelily

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.