sungki/panget

don't know what to do??? get a lawyer or wait???

19 posts in this topic

:crying: ... ok, this is our case... my fiancee file I-129F last july '08... and then the processing fee went up... so he sent the correct amount of fee... and then we got our first letter (I-129F NOA1) july 30, 2008... and up to now it was touched only once (08/06/2008)...

and then i spoked to his friend's fiancee who filed the same case but a month later than us... and they were already approve early this month... "congratulations to both of them" ... it took 5 mos. for them to wait... and we are on our 7th mo...

my fiancee and i talked about the application before and i told him something is missing in the application... he didn't include the 4 copies of biographic info (G-325A), but its too late coz he mailed it already... and i know now that this is the reason why our application is getting behind...

my only advise for all of you who haven't file your applications yet, it is better to call USCIS to order your application to get the complete set of application, guidelines and any other important documents you need to add when you file... than just downloading it by yourself... good luck to all of US!!! :thumbs:

but right now im just confused, we don't know what to do... i told my fiancee if you get a lawyer it will cost a lot... but how long we have wait until USCIS answer us??? pls. help up guys... every reply/comment will be much appreciated... thank you... and more power... :star:

fyi my husband and i filed for k-3 last year I-130 is already approve but the I129f still pending and its already past their processing tme. soour lawyer suggested to file for a IV, filed it dec. 18 and now im getting ready fo my interview on the 17th thank god we hired a lawyer. im not telling you to get a lawyer coz its relly case to case basis. but you may wanna consult somebody who really knows about the immigration. hope this help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
hi sylvia_n_joseph... i just spoke to my fiancee and the problem with him is he just printed the application form from USCIS (even me get confused w/ him sometimes) i told him that he should have just order it so he gets the right and complete set of application... so he enclosed $190 or so on the application for the processing fee and then he got a letter that it went up to $455... so i dont really know when it did go up... but they should have (USCIS) said in the letter too that we're missing some documents that we shoud have enclosed in the application... anyways, he's going to call tomorrow and hopefully they will give us something... thanks for the reply... goodluck! :thumbs:

good luck. But a lawyer won't be able to do much.

So what happened? Did he cancel his $190 check and then send USCIS a check for $455? If you don't pay the correct fee, they are not going to process your application. Also, I think other members who did not pay the correct fee had their entire application sent back...not just a letter saying the price changed.

They will not even look at your application until they have correct payment of fees. You would get an RFE for the biographical information in a separate letter after the petition has been received with the correct fee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:crying: ... ok, this is our case... my fiancee file I-129F last july '08... and then the processing fee went up... so he sent the correct amount of fee... and then we got our first letter (I-129F NOA1) july 30, 2008... and up to now it was touched only once (08/06/2008)...

and then i spoked to his friend's fiancee who filed the same case but a month later than us... and they were already approve early this month... "congratulations to both of them" ... it took 5 mos. for them to wait... and we are on our 7th mo...

my fiancee and i talked about the application before and i told him something is missing in the application... he didn't include the 4 copies of biographic info (G-325A), but its too late coz he mailed it already... and i know now that this is the reason why our application is getting behind...

my only advise for all of you who haven't file your applications yet, it is better to call USCIS to order your application to get the complete set of application, guidelines and any other important documents you need to add when you file... than just downloading it by yourself... good luck to all of US!!! :thumbs:

but right now im just confused, we don't know what to do... i told my fiancee if you get a lawyer it will cost a lot... but how long we have wait until USCIS answer us??? pls. help up guys... every reply/comment will be much appreciated... thank you... and more power... :star:

fyi my husband and i filed for k-3 last year I-130 is already approve but the I129f still pending and its already past their processing tme. soour lawyer suggested to file for a IV, filed it dec. 18 and now im getting ready fo my interview on the 17th thank god we hired a lawyer. im not telling you to get a lawyer coz its relly case to case basis. but you may wanna consult somebody who really knows about the immigration. hope this help

thanks 'david27kitchie'... congratulations and goodluck on your interview... my fiancee have already contacted some lawyers that he know and i don't know yet what's going on... so he called USCIS yesterday, checked our file and they said to wait, and yes what they said is we're still on the "processing time" so we have to wait 'til we get RFE... so after that call he made the decision to get a lawyer...

thanks again... and goodluck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hi sylvia_n_joseph... i just spoke to my fiancee and the problem with him is he just printed the application form from USCIS (even me get confused w/ him sometimes) i told him that he should have just order it so he gets the right and complete set of application... so he enclosed $190 or so on the application for the processing fee and then he got a letter that it went up to $455... so i dont really know when it did go up... but they should have (USCIS) said in the letter too that we're missing some documents that we shoud have enclosed in the application... anyways, he's going to call tomorrow and hopefully they will give us something... thanks for the reply... goodluck! :thumbs:

good luck. But a lawyer won't be able to do much.

So what happened? Did he cancel his $190 check and then send USCIS a check for $455? If you don't pay the correct fee, they are not going to process your application. Also, I think other members who did not pay the correct fee had their entire application sent back...not just a letter saying the price changed.

They will not even look at your application until they have correct payment of fees. You would get an RFE for the biographical information in a separate letter after the petition has been received with the correct fee.

so what happened is they returned the wrong check $190... and then my fiancee got the correct amout and sent it back to USCIS... that's when we got our first letter NOA1 after he mailed the correct amt of check... they didn't send the whole application though just a letter saying the fee went up... so right now we're waiting for the RFE for the biographical info... my fiancee asked the rep from USCIS if he can just send the bio info together w/ a letter explaning the case but they said "no" so i don't know if thats a good idea my fiancee asked or what??? hehehe... anyways, we'll just gonna wait whats gonna happen next... i can always visit him there or he can come here in canada...

thanks 'reeses16' for your reply... much appreciated... and goodluck! thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.