Favourite Pictures

221 posts in this topic

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit that is beautiful! WOW! I went to Sicily when I was visiting Malta, took a ferry over and it was just amazing there. I would love to go back!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline
Krikit that is beautiful! WOW! I went to Sicily when I was visiting Malta, took a ferry over and it was just amazing there. I would love to go back!

:o

I tried to get a jetboat to Sicily when I was in Malta back in the 90's but it was pretty much impossible because at that time there were air sanctions against Libya so all the boats were being diverted to Libya instead. That's awesome that you've been there too!

iagree.gif

Timeline

:o

I tried to get a jetboat to Sicily when I was in Malta back in the 90's but it was pretty much impossible because at that time there were air sanctions against Libya so all the boats were being diverted to Libya instead. That's awesome that you've been there too!

Yeah isn't it gorgeous?! I spent 3 weeks in Malta, and it's such a different place. The culture and natural beauty of the island was something I'd never experienced before. And I went up Mt Etna in Sicily too! It was WINDY!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Yeah isn't it gorgeous?! I spent 3 weeks in Malta, and it's such a different place. The culture and natural beauty of the island was something I'd never experienced before. And I went up Mt Etna in Sicily too! It was WINDY!

That's why I was trying to get to Sicily! Mt Etna was erupting and I wanted to see it. But that's okay because I saw another erupting volcano off the coast of Sicily in July. Here it is. Once it got dark you could see the red lava spewing up into the sky. Unfortunately, I didn't have a good enough camera to capture that. Stromboli:

600Stromboli.jpg

Oh! And I climbed Mt Vesuvious in Italy on another trip. It was only venting so it was pretty stinky. How was Etna? (I didn't climb it but I have pics from this past trip.)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

I loved, loved Italy when I went in '05. I never made it down to Sicily but we started in Milan and traveled down through Florance, Rome and Pompeii with some other stops on the way. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of good pictures on my computer, it was a time long ago when I used those old cameras with film in them! :P I got about half way up Vesuvius but I wasn't feeling well so the tour guide wouldn't let me go all the way up to the bowl... kinda disappointing. But, I don't remember a smell...

This one of the Duomo in Florance is kinda neat:

Duomo-Florance.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

*sigh* I want to go to Italy :(

but it'll have to wait until after Ireland and Greece :P

Here's sunset at Isle of Palms, where we stayed when we visited Charleston (it's about $150 cheaper per night in IoP than downtown!)

Picture074.jpg

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I loved, loved Italy when I went in '05. I never made it down to Sicily but we started in Milan and traveled down through Florance, Rome and Pompeii with some other stops on the way. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of good pictures on my computer, it was a time long ago when I used those old cameras with film in them! :P I got about half way up Vesuvius but I wasn't feeling well so the tour guide wouldn't let me go all the way up to the bowl... kinda disappointing. But, I don't remember a smell...

Ohmygosh, wasn't Pompeii fascinating? :o Yes, the smell was closer to the top. Sulphur. I think it's so neat that there are others who have been to the same places! :)

*sigh* I want to go to Italy :(

but it'll have to wait until after Ireland and Greece :P

I ended up in Greece on 3 different occasions and I never even wanted to go there. :lol: I was trying to get to Portugal. Ireland you will LOVE LOVE LOVE. Dublin is fantastic. I would so go back there in a minute.

Here's sunset at Isle of Palms, where we stayed when we visited Charleston (it's about $150 cheaper per night in IoP than downtown!)

Picture074.jpg

Ohmygosh, that is beautiful. I love that pic.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ohmygosh, wasn't Pompeii fascinating? :o Yes, the smell was closer to the top. Sulphur. I think it's so neat that there are others who have been to the same places! :)

For sure! I think Pompeii was my most favorite place in all of Italy! I'm a history nerd so I love things like that, It was amazing. I got so annoyed with the tour guide and her lack of English skills I ended up walking away and just exploring things on my own, way cooler that way. It may be morbid but the coolest thing were those bodies covered in ash, like they were frozen in time.

Greece seems like it would be a nice place to visit! Although I hear they are hostile to tourists, is that true? Maybe they are just hostile to American's... In Italy people would yell at me "Americano!" and give me rude gestures :unsure:

Filed: Other Timeline

Actually, the "bodies covered in ash" are casts. When the site was discovered, they had to pour stuff into the holes that were left when the people disintigrated under the ash.

The archaeologists excavating the site found the remains of many people in the last position they were in when the ash and gas fell over Pompeii. They filled the place where the body was with plaster in order to get a perfect match for the body position and the facial expression. It is gruesome but an important reminder of the power of nature and the suffering of the Pompeii citizens.

I'm a history nerd too. :D

Pompeii is definitely on my list of stuff to see before I die. Hopefully before Vesuvius does it again! :o

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
Actually, the "bodies covered in ash" are casts. When the site was discovered, they had to pour stuff into the holes that were left when the people disintigrated under the ash.

The archaeologists excavating the site found the remains of many people in the last position they were in when the ash and gas fell over Pompeii. They filled the place where the body was with plaster in order to get a perfect match for the body position and the facial expression. It is gruesome but an important reminder of the power of nature and the suffering of the Pompeii citizens.

I'm a history nerd too. :D

Pompeii is definitely on my list of stuff to see before I die. Hopefully before Vesuvius does it again! :o

Thank you for ruining my experience!!

ahaha I'm kidding, I actually heard that too... but It makes little difference to me. Actually, now that you mention it, it makes my interest in them much less morbid :thumbs:

Its crazy how people live along Vesuvius! Like right on the volcano. Wouldn't you be a little concerned? They say its still active in its core...

Greece seems like it would be a nice place to visit! Although I hear they are hostile to tourists, is that true? Maybe they are just hostile to American's... In Italy people would yell at me "Americano!" and give me rude gestures :unsure:

It's a very nice place to visit. And I never met one hostile person. They were all super friendly to me.

Its crazy how people live along Vesuvius! Like right on the volcano. Wouldn't you be a little concerned? They say its still active in its core...

Yes, still active. When you're at the top you can see the vapours venting in the bowl. That's why it smells like sulphur.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.