GlenAndLisa

Failed Driving Test

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The UK forum is really turning into a cesspool. Its bad enough that some are suggesting lies, but worse still, others are supporting them. Haters? Please.

There are some here who actually care about providing accurate information. If we shrug our shoulders and look the other way every time someone gives bad advice, this place will self-destruct.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

But Julez, giving accurate advice about Immigration and living in the US doesn't look as cool as suggesting people should break the law, and that won't impress our friends on here. :lol:

:mellow:

Kris is very hesitant to take the driving test over here. Not because of the rules but because of the other drivers on the road. Poor guy it's driving him insane too.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes I agree with you Laura.

Where you been???????

Here and there babe! I PM'd ya.. you don't know who you can trust on the UK forum anymore.

Cheers :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Don't worry Dames you'll be back soon! Remember the haters keep you strong :whistle:

Ever since when does someone using common sense means they are a hater?

Talk about an immature response.

Here and there babe! I PM'd ya.. you don't know who you can trust on the UK forum anymore.

Can anyone else smell the irony?

Edited by ginger1981
wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Lisa and Glen,

It has been my understanding that in Wisconsin you are allowed to drive on your foreign license + International drivers license (for countries that are members of some treaty mentioned on the Wisconsin DMV site) for 1 year from your admittance or until you take your first drivers test for a Wisconsin license. Once you take that test you can not drive on your foreign license and / or international drivers license. If you pass you get a Wisconsin drivers license if you fail you must get a drivers permit, possibly take a drivers education course, and take the written and road tests. While you have the learners permit you must follow the rules and restrictions of it or you could risk some consequences (not sure what). This is the info I got when I went to the DMV office in Rice Lake. You can always call there for more info. I would give you the number but it just gets you someone in Madison anyway, though you could always stop by there sometime as well. I think they are open later some evenings.

Sorry, I know this really isn't what you wanted to hear. :(

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just to clarify something may be irrelevant to OP

In WI, if you're over 18, you do NOT need to take a drivers education class. You do need to take the theory and road test but aren't required to sit in a classroom with 15 year olds.

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Just to clarify something may be irrelevant to OP

In WI, if you're over 18, you do NOT need to take a drivers education class. You do need to take the theory and road test but aren't required to sit in a classroom with 15 year olds.

I believe the same is true for Pennsylvania. I'll have to look into this...thanks for posting the thread and making me think about this stuff a bit more!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

WoW is all i can say and what a pickle you have all landed yourselves in............uscis will have a field day with this thread, so will the cops, so would anyone with half a bloody brain, this should be locked and thrown in the trash bin and a proper thread like we used to have with correct info should be posted

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
WoW is all i can say and what a pickle you have all landed yourselves in............uscis will have a field day with this thread, so will the cops, so would anyone with half a bloody brain, this should be locked and thrown in the trash bin and a proper thread like we used to have with correct info should be posted

Yeah I think we established that already.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.