MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

probably not but they can let you know if it is received at the embassy and if it is entered onto their system

but

You never know................nothing is a sure bet in this game where wait times are concerned you might even get one before my interview

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=D I was wondering why the interview thread went quiet.

I thought I'd add my own list here of things I have, and things that I might possibly need. I know that they won't look at any of the unecessary stuffs, but here...

1) Police Certificate

2) DS156-K (in duplicate)

3) Birth Certificate (I'm also getting a letter from the police saying why I can't get an original)

4) Passport

5) Required photos (one for the medical, one for the interview)

I will be getting:

1) My medical documents (3rd March)

Knight is sending:

1) I-134 (also one written by his mum)

2) 2008 Tax Return

3) 2008 W-2

Do you think it's necessary to get a letter from Knight's mum explaining that he's a full-time student, or will a college letter do? Also, I thought the passport photocopies for him and his mum was a good idea, but I don't know if I should throw that at them.

Additionally, I could print off photos and stuff, but I don't think I'll do too many. I have to pay to print off emails and such and we mostly talked over MSN and over the phone, and I topped-up online. I do have a whole load of receipts showing when I used to top-up at the store, but I don't do that anymore.

I think that about covers it. Eeee...it's getting closer!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

=D I was wondering why the interview thread went quiet.

I thought I'd add my own list here of things I have, and things that I might possibly need. I know that they won't look at any of the unecessary stuffs, but here...

1) Police Certificate

2) DS156-K (in duplicate) Didn't you already mail that in?

3) Birth Certificate (I'm also getting a letter from the police saying why I can't get an original)

4) Passport

5) Required photos (one for the medical, one two for the interview)

I will be getting:

1) My medical documents (3rd March) You won't get the medical, it's couriered to Embassy, but get a copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) for your AOS

Knight is sending:

1) I-134 (also one written by his mum)

2) 2008 Tax Return (also Mum's)

3) 2008 W-2 (Also Mum's)

4) A photocopy showing his mum is a US citizen or LPR...birth certificate or passport bio page or green card

Do you think it's necessary to get a letter from Knight's mum explaining that he's a full-time student, or will a college letter do? Also, I thought the passport photocopies for him and his mum was a good idea, but I don't know if I should throw that at them.

College letter sounds good or some kind of enrollment receipt. They already have proof that Knight is USC, but need to know Mum is.

Additionally, I could print off photos and stuff, but I don't think I'll do too many. I have to pay to print off emails and such and we mostly talked over MSN and over the phone, and I topped-up online. I do have a whole load of receipts showing when I used to top-up at the store, but I don't do that anymore.

I think that about covers it. Eeee...it's getting closer!

Magpie.

Looks like you're getting well prepared.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I'm a full time student too (literally $0 income) and we didn't include any kind of letter. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised as to how many people are talking about bringing letters of explanation. As long as the bottom line shows that you meet the poverty lines (cosponsor or not), I don't think they care to sift through all this extra stuff.

I could be totally off base, though. We didn't have a letter and passed with flying colors using both mine and my cosponsors I134 stuff, so don't fret too much about getting an official letter from the university. Good luck! :)

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Hmm..

My Packet 3 response was delivered on the 9th (bloody snow).. is it too early for me to call DOS?

Ours was received by the embassy on the 12th and since last friday i have been calling every morning when they open...830am (this 202-663-1225#, option 1, then option 0).

So, yes, it might be too early but it calls my nerves a little just knowing what is going on/not going on with our case.....then again when they tell me every morning we havent been given a interview date i get more antsy.

good luck and keep us up to date!

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Touch: 6-5-09

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

I'm a full time student too (literally $0 income) and we didn't include any kind of letter. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised as to how many people are talking about bringing letters of explanation. As long as the bottom line shows that you meet the poverty lines (cosponsor or not), I don't think they care to sift through all this extra stuff.

I could be totally off base, though. We didn't have a letter and passed with flying colors using both mine and my cosponsors I134 stuff, so don't fret too much about getting an official letter from the university. Good luck! :)

Thankums, and to Nich...the birth certificate letter is necessary for me because I can't get an original. I'm a tad confused...do we need two photos, or three? I only got two done because it said I only had to have two photographs, and it said one was for the medical and the other was for the interview.

Knight's mum hasn't travelled much so I don't think she has a valid passport, but Knight says he can get a photocopy of her birth certificate or her citizenship papers. And I did mail the DS-156K in, I just got confused XD.

Hugs!

Magpie.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You need two US sized ones for the interview and one for the medical. Though I believe the medical will accept a UK size one.

You need two US sized ones for the interview and one for the medical. Though I believe the medical will accept a UK size one.

Ooh, okay. I have a passport photograph that I can give them, so do you think they'll accept that?

KnightandMagpie: Yes, the Knightsbridge pple will accept your UK sizes passport photo ( I have read in here somewhere that sometimes the people at the medical cut the photo to US standard size...don't know how accurate this info is)

To everyone who sent in packet 3 response (and it was delivered next day and signed by someone, no problems), what UK postal delivery system did you use? And just to confirm, to what address did you send back the packet 3 response successfully? There are two postal codes for the embassy so I was getting a bit confused.

Thanks! :star:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

[Thankums, and to Nich...the birth certificate letter is necessary for me because I can't get an original. I'm a tad confused...do we need two photos, or three? I only got two done because it said I only had to have two photographs, and it said one was for the medical and the other was for the interview.

Knight's mum hasn't travelled much so I don't think she has a valid passport, but Knight says he can get a photocopy of her birth certificate or her citizenship papers. And I did mail the DS-156K in, I just got confused XD.Magpie.

Yes, I know about your birth certificate. That letter is needed.

Photographs: My info said three...one for medical and two for Embassy. Maybe they changed it if that's what their letter said to you.

For Knight's mum: Any one document that will show her citizenship status. If she wasn't born in the US, then her citizenship papers or her green card. If she was born in another country, then her birth certificate isn't needed because it doesn't show current US status. That's only for born in the USA moms. Joint sponsors have to be legal US persons, so that's why you need to show it with her Affidavit of Support.

Knightsbridge takes UK size photos. Nick offered both and she said we like the smaller UK ones because we have to cut the US ones down to fit on the form. So no probs with the one you have.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yes, I know about your birth certificate. That letter is needed.

Photographs: My info said three...one for medical and two for Embassy. Maybe they changed it if that's what their letter said to you.

For Knight's mum: Any one document that will show her citizenship status. If she wasn't born in the US, then her citizenship papers or her green card. If she was born in another country, then her birth certificate isn't needed because it doesn't show current US status. That's only for born in the USA moms. Joint sponsors have to be legal US persons, so that's why you need to show it with her Affidavit of Support.

Knightsbridge takes UK size photos. Nick offered both and she said we like the smaller ones because we have to cut the others down to fit on the form. So no probs with the one you have.

Fantastic! I think I'm more or less set, save waiting on the letter from the police and the stuff from Knight -- not to mention the medical. Oooh, the 3rd of March is coming up fast for that...!

Hugs! Thank you once again, Nich, you livesaver you!

Magpie.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
KnightandMagpie: Yes, the Knightsbridge pple will accept your UK sizes passport photo ( I have read in here somewhere that sometimes the people at the medical cut the photo to US standard size...don't know how accurate this info is)

To everyone who sent in packet 3 response (and it was delivered next day and signed by someone, no problems), what UK postal delivery system did you use? And just to confirm, to what address did you send back the packet 3 response successfully? There are two postal codes for the embassy so I was getting a bit confused.

Thanks! :star:

If you want it delivered next day with a signature use Special Delivery. It will be delivered before 1pm, however you can ask for Special Delivery before 9am but that's expensive.

You can also do Recorded but that's just regular 1st Class with a signature.

If you want it delivered next day with a signature use Special Delivery. It will be delivered before 1pm, however you can ask for Special Delivery before 9am but that's expensive.

Special Delivery is the way to go then!

But what about the address?

Is this the address for returning packet 3:

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

OR is it

London Embassy of the United States

Visa Unit

24/31 Grosvenor Sq

London W1A 1AE

Anyone know?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Just popping in to say hello! We got NOA2 today, so I am looking forward to the next steps. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to those going for medical/interview soon. I'm sure I will be back here with questions...... :)

Special Delivery is the way to go then!

But what about the address?

Is this the address for returning packet 3:

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

OR is it

London Embassy of the United States

Visa Unit

24/31 Grosvenor Sq

London W1A 1AE

Anyone know?

It's this one:

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

Magpie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.