MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

You know, it is laughable that they want to check your bits, but sadly, it is a sign of the times with all the trans-gender ops these days, so we all have to be checked just to make sure we're not duping some poor, unsuspecting US citizen :D So that part I understand, it was having to sit for 20 minutes in a gown half naked underneath that barely stayed together in a waiting room full of men that made me uncomfortable. I should have been allowed to put my clothes back on after the x-ray, it wouldn't have taken a minute to whip my bra off in the Dr's room, but the radiographer told me I should not get dressed. My advice to women is take a coat and put that on over the top of the gown, I only had my cardie with me that didn't do up!!

I had exactly the same thing, told that I would be called in within minutes so not to get dressed just go to the smaller waiting room with a couple that seemed to not be exactly happy. left there for a good half hour and when I asked if I could go to the bathroom and put my top back on or at least someone go get my jacket from my brother who'd come with me that day, I got told no but my brother could come in there with me. Love my brother but no, not exactly comfortable sitting there in just that thin robe and my skirt with the grumpy twosome opposite me, don't think having my extreemly quiet brother in there would have helped at all, whipped my ipod out and tried to block out everything around me until I got called in to see the Dr. somehow it's ok to leave a young woman in a waiting room in next to nothing where you're out of sight but not ok to let me go get my jacket.

I spent the better part of the last few years studying and training to be a nurse (training on hold atm), best way to make a patient/client at ease... give them some privacy and allow them to keep their dignity, technically it goes against ethics and certainly doesn't help to give accurate results during the medical, high pulse, Bp etc. I made sure to comment on it to the doctor (blonde short haired lady who really didn't give a rats #######), anyway if I'd thought of it I would have just asked to go to the loo before being shown to the waiting room and got dressed there and not mentioned wanting to get changed at all.

The unsanitary equipment that I noticed was on the sharps trolley, the trolley and bowl she used had blood splashes, and she didn't wear gloves or wash her hands :o Makes you wonder, they're testing to see what diseases YOU have but god only knows what filth they may be spreading!

I guess mentioning that I was studying nursing at the time made the blonde Dr actually do things properly, although she did argue with me about what year I had surgery on my feet (when I was 16), she convinced herself it was 2000, whereas I had it in 2002 and consented for the surgery myself without my parents signature. I think my surgeon would have had problems letting a 14yr old signing for themselves solely, anyway besides that she used clean sharps etc, but then that was almost a year ago, things sound like they've gotten worse, definitely not better. I mentioned the errors to our interviewer at the Embassy over some dates, not sure if they got corrected not that in their mind it matters as my feet aren't a huge problem.

Gemma and Paul - Our Timeline

05/17/2007 - K1 Visa app sent in

05/30/2008 - K1 Visa Interview, approved but suspended pending on new police report, sent new report in 2 days later along with my passport to the embassy

06/10/2008 - Passport delivered to the house with nice visa page stuck inside yipeee!

06/20/2008 - arrived in US

08/02/2008 - tied the knot

08/11/2008 - applied for AOS and EAD

09/11/2008 - NOA arrived for both

09/30/2008 - Biometrics

12/20/2008 - Interview Letter arrived

12/23/2008 - EAD approved!

12/29/2008 - EAD card ordered

02/11/2009 - Interview APPROVED!

02/25/2009 - Green Card in hand!

11/15/2010 - ROC I-751 filed

11/17/2010 - Delivery confirmation for I-751

11/27/2010 - NOA1 (dated 11/17/2010)

12/28/2010 - Biometrics

02/16/2011 - Approval/card production email

02/23/2011 - Ohh ahh.. 10yr card arrived

2011-2017 - vacations, baby boy born in 2014, more vacations, finally remember I could file for Citizenship 5 yrs ago!

01/20/2017 - N400 filed

01/30/2017 - N400 returned with amendments needed

01/31/2017 - N400 resubmitted

02/14/2017 - NOA (dated 02/09/2017)

03/03/2017 - Biometrics 

03/07/2017 - In line for interview
08/21/2017 - Interview letter received 
09/22/2017 - Interview date - Approved

10/17/2017 - Oath Ceremony 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Well, my daughter and I have just got back from our medicals and I have to say, as a medical professional, that I have never experienced such rubbish treatment, people can knock the NHS as much as they like, but in all the hospitals I have worked at the standard is far superior, and all this set me back £270! Perhaps if the staff at Bentinck Mansions didn't have a guaranteed income from visa medicals they would actually offer a standard of care that meets the minimum recommended by the governement. Blatent breaches of the Data Protection act, lack of care regarding female dignity, abrupt receptionist, and unsanitary equipment in the medical room itself, :( all in all an unsatisfactory experience.

@_@ Don't get me started on the receptionist...or that "gender check". I had no idea that was coming and didn't request a female doctor, but I was lucky enough to get one. As reassuring as the lady was being, it was hardly a comfortable experience. As for the equipment, I guess I wasn't paying attention because you go in there assuming it's all top-notch, considering the price you pay. It's good to hear an assessment from someone who's been working in the field and can look over it with a more professional eye.

Magpie.

they check your genitals???? :o oh my, thats a shock! how degrading n humiliating.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

they check your genitals???? :o oh my, thats a shock! how degrading n humiliating.

I can understand why they do it, but it was a bit...blurrghh. She just had a peek though, as she put it -- so that wasn't too horrible if I think about it. It's the people who were told to undress completely that I feel sorry for :(.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I can understand why they do it, but it was a bit...blurrghh. She just had a peek though, as she put it -- so that wasn't too horrible if I think about it. It's the people who were told to undress completely that I feel sorry for :(.

Magpie.

i cant understand. ugh! a peak is too much! i told my fiance and he's not looking forward to that part. I told my dad about it n he was cracking up. haha, but yikes!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Maybe the key is what you wear?? If you have on a dress, then you'd have to totally disrobe for the chest x-ray. Or maybe if you have on tight pants and a big wide belt with alot of hardware they figure that's not going to be easy. Maybe wearing some big stretchy waist jogging pants and a t-shirt would make the peek easier. They could just pull the waist band out a bit and peek. I dunno. :blush:

The medical reviews are in the stickies at the top of the forum. Somewhere in an old one, a guy is relating his story and they explain it's a gender check. He asked if they've ever had a problem and doc said "we've had 3 so far this year." :hehe:

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Maybe the key is what you wear?? If you have on a dress, then you'd have to totally disrobe for the chest x-ray. Or maybe if you have on tight pants and a big wide belt with alot of hardware they figure that's not going to be easy. Maybe wearing some big stretchy waist jogging pants and a t-shirt would make the peek easier. They could just pull the waist band out a bit and peek. I dunno. :blush:

The medical reviews are in the stickies at the top of the forum. Somewhere in an old one, a guy is relating his story and they explain it's a gender check. He asked if they've ever had a problem and doc said "we've had 3 so far this year." :hehe:

:P I want to know what the nature of the problems were...

And I was dressed like a little punk student when I went to my medical :P...but I did have a dress on. I think. I don't remember :crying:. Can you blame me? I'm 22 and losing it... :lol:

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

I've got a question for you all but unrelated to medical (sorry :blush: ) and am hoping somebody will have an answer for me.

Interview, I-134 evidence... do I need to copy the docs he sent me (make duplicates of it all) or can I get away with just one set?

He's sent me a pile load of paperwork including bank statements, stock portfolio, letter of employment, tax returns for the last 3 years (including 2008) but no W-2s. :bonk: Will that be a problem at the interview stage? Has anybody gone to the interview without W-2s? BTW, he's well over the poverty threshold line.

I'm stressing out big time.... so fed up with all this paperwork... :wacko:

Edited by KAT&Allie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

He's sent me a pile load of paperwork including bank statements, stock portfolio, letter of employment, tax returns for the last 3 years (including 2008) but no W-2s. :bonk: Will that be a problem at the interview stage? Has anybody gone to the interview without W-2s?

if you are using tax RETURNS, yes, it is best to have w2s to accompany them. as far as i know, these do not have to be originals so you could have your fiance scan and email them to you to have for the interview. or, depending on how much time you have before your interview, you can request tax TRANSCRIPTS from the irs. they take a few days to arrive, but there are simple to order and free. if you are submitting a tax transcript (as opposed to a tax return), w2s are not necessary. again, your fiance could scan them and them them to you.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Interview, I-134 evidence... do I need to copy the docs he sent me (make duplicates of it all) or can I get away with just one set?

He's sent me a pile load of paperwork including bank statements, stock portfolio, letter of employment, tax returns for the last 3 years (including 2008) but no W-2s. :bonk: Will that be a problem at the interview stage? Has anybody gone to the interview without W-2s? BTW, he's well over the poverty threshold line.

If those are the only copies that exist, then make a copy. If he still has another set to use for AOS, then give away what you have. Yes, you will be using all these documents again for AOS and another Affidavit of Support (Form I864). I would suggest at least making a copy of the employment letter. Show the the original and let them keep the photocopy for the file. That way he doesn't have to go back to the boss again at AOS time. He can use the same one if you file within a reasonable time.

A tax return is NOT complete without W2s, so you need those (photocopy) for at least 2008 because only the latest tax return is required. If he only has one job, then he would only have one W2 statement of his earnings.

If he has a high income shown on the 2008 tax return (with a W2) and in a letter from his employer, then that's probably all they will want as evidence. You can present those up front with your I-134 and keep the rest in your folder if they need to see more. I had similar things. They looked at the pile of papers and just kept one tax return and letter of employment and handed back the stocks, investment account statements, etc.

Mr/Mrs:

if you are using tax RETURNS, yes, it is best required to have w2s to accompany them.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Mr/Mrs:
if you are using tax RETURNS, yes, it is best required to have w2s to accompany them.

thanks for the correction. sorry for the misinformation!

at the interview, is it safe to assume that, in general, the CO at the embassy will be pretty familiar with the paperwork that he or she will see presented to them? what i mean is, should they know that, for example, it's possible to accept a copy of the employment letter after being shown the original?

just trying to button things up. jamie is heading to london tomorrow evening after work. he will stay will friends and then go in the morning on monday to the embassy. can anyone give me a ballpark time he should arrive? his interview time is 10am. im wondering how early he can go, or if he'll be asked/told to wait outside until the appropriate time.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

They say in the P4 instructions we got not to arrive more than 30 minutes early. Everybody lines up outside and somebody goes down the line kinda checking the line. They used to have signs for lining up by time slots. 8:30 line, 9:00 line, etc and wouldn't let you get in line earlier than maybe 30 minutes. When we went they didn't do that...it was basically first come, first in the door. I suppose if he went too early and they told him to get out of line, he could go to one of the coffee shop places on N. Audley St near where the line-up place is. He does know not to take his mobile phone and car keys, doesn't he? He should leave them at the friends house or check them at Gould's Pharmacy on N. Audley.

Here's the MAP again. Zoom in on the Embassy and you'll see N. Audley. The line starts closer to the north east corner of that block where the embassy is marked.

Paperwork: He gets called to a window...often Window 1, with the short lady people have trouble hearing and understanding. She takes all the papers, passport photos, and the passport. If he hands her birth certificate/copy, police report/copy, employment letter/copy, divorce decree/copy, she knows what they are. He only needs to give photocopies of things he wants back. The I-134 will only be the original only. She's the one who takes all the documents on the checklist, sticks the photos on the form he mailed in, and generally gets the file in order for the Immigration Officer while he goes to another window to pay for the visa. Then he gives her the receipt showing payment and he sits until the interview. That's at a third window in the back room. The IO should give back his originals at that time because he's looked over everything just prior to calling Jamie to the window. If he doesn't remember to, Jamie should ask for them. I think that's how it goes. The first call to the window is just the paper gathering lady who organizes what she needs for the interviewer. If you give her more than she needs, she'll hand the extras back and prompt him if he doesn't give enough. (Like she gave back alot of the financial stuff to Nick, but said "where's the employer letter"). The interviewer is the one who will actually evaluate the papers submitted. Everybody has different papers and evidence of finances, so this is only a general idea of how it goes.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Can anyone clarify how much I have to pay at my interview please? I have been on the NVC websit and it says for processing the DS-156 its $131, but then it says to process the DS230 its $355! And then theres the immigrant visa security surcharge of $45 :huh:

I'm sure I have read its just $131 per visa??

Can anyone clarify how much I have to pay at my interview please? I have been on the NVC websit and it says for processing the DS-156 its $131, but then it says to process the DS230 its $355! And then theres the immigrant visa security surcharge of $45 :huh:

I'm sure I have read its just $131 per visa??

It is $131 for the K1 visa. They take America dollars or pounds sterling. I don't know what they are currently charging in GPB because the exchange rate is different than last summer. Someobody recent could tell you that.

The NVC info you are reading is for the CR1/IR1 visa. That's married people who are getting an immigrant visa and will be approved for the green card, work in the US, and social security card before ever entering the US. I believe they are the ones who do Part 2 of the DS230 that we don't fill out. (You know where it asks if you want your Social Security card mailed to a certain address?)

K1/K3 is a non-immigrant visa, even though you have to go through most of the immigrant visa steps since your intention is to immigrate and remain in the US and adjust status. The NVC fees for IR1/CR1 cover the green card processing, most of which happens at the NVC before going to the Embassy for the interview. You as a K1 will pay fees to adjust status once married ($1010), and the CR1/IR1s won't need to file AOS to get their green card.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.