MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

My fiance scheduled his medical today - April 24th. They said it was the earliest they had! It feels so good to be that much closer to being done with the K1 part of this! Now we are just waiting for everything to arrive in London and for my fiance to receive Packet 3. We were hoping he would POE around June 9th, to be able to attend my college graduation, but I am not sure that's going to be doable, looking at other people's timelines.

Also, does anyone know how it would work if he DID POE at that time, and his parents came with him? Obviously his parents would be on VWP...would this be an issue or anything?? What would they have to do that would be different than normal, if anything?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My fiance scheduled his medical today - April 24th. They said it was the earliest they had! It feels so good to be that much closer to being done with the K1 part of this! Now we are just waiting for everything to arrive in London and for my fiance to receive Packet 3. We were hoping he would POE around June 9th, to be able to attend my college graduation, but I am not sure that's going to be doable, looking at other people's timelines.

Also, does anyone know how it would work if he DID POE at that time, and his parents came with him? Obviously his parents would be on VWP...would this be an issue or anything?? What would they have to do that would be different than normal, if anything?

wait for him to get out of secondary! took me a couple of hours...

Edited by rocks

What does that mean? Is that the part he has to go through after the initial Border stuff? I'm more concerned about if when his parents go through, its going to be an issue that my fiance is on K1, and his parents are VWP...will it be "suspicious" or something? Do they need to bring proof of tie or anything? Thanks :)

Timeline

What does that mean? Is that the part he has to go through after the initial Border stuff? I'm more concerned about if when his parents go through, its going to be an issue that my fiance is on K1, and his parents are VWP...will it be "suspicious" or something? Do they need to bring proof of tie or anything? Thanks :)

i don't think it would be suspicious, maybe someone else can comment on that? a copy of the wedding plans or invitation would be a good thing for them to bring with them. and yes, secondary is where they take people for extra processing after seeing the first immigration officer at their poe, it's a lengthy process where you get to sit and do nothing while they fiddle with the mystery brown envelope. he will have to find his parents once he gets through there, i think that's it really. :)

I think the parents should be at least prepared for something - just because the heartache from possibly missing their child's wedding (or having to reschedule) would be bad.

However, they'll have a return ticket, and they ARE coming from VWP country, so probably a lot less scrutiny. Have the itinerary printed out is my vote.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I think the parents should be at least prepared for something - just because the heartache from possibly missing their child's wedding (or having to reschedule) would be bad.

However, they'll have a return ticket, and they ARE coming from VWP country, so probably a lot less scrutiny. Have the itinerary printed out is my vote.

Its actually not for the wedding. The first time they are coming over just for a week or so, to meet my parents, etc. Thats in June. Then in August, they are coming for the wedding.

Anyone with experience like this? Thanks!

Timeline

my family are coming over next week, they have the wedding invitations, a copy of my visa, the hotel itinerary and copies of their return tickets. i don't know how much more information they would need? i think if the immigration officer knows they're coming for a wedding there won't be many more questions to ask?

my family are coming over next week, they have the wedding invitations, a copy of my visa, the hotel itinerary and copies of their return tickets. i don't know how much more information they would need? i think if the immigration officer knows they're coming for a wedding there won't be many more questions to ask?

So the first time, when they come to meet my parents, and see my graduation, do they say they are coming to graduation? Or what? I am not as concerned about when they come for the wedding, since like you said, theres ways to show that etc...

Timeline

So the first time, when they come to meet my parents, and see my graduation, do they say they are coming to graduation? Or what? I am not as concerned about when they come for the wedding, since like you said, theres ways to show that etc...

personally i think that would be a good idea, that way they are coming here for a specific reason. i'm sure you can provide evidence of your graduation date?

Seriously, people. Chill out. I know the whole VJ process fries people's nerves, but trust me -- your parents/family/friends are NOT going to be denied at POE, nor do they need to bring reams of "proof" they are returning to the UK. Bring the return ticket, and if you're totally paranoid, maybe an invitation. I cannot tell you how many times my British friends/family/colleagues have been in and out of the US with NO incident and NO third degree about exactly when and where they are going to be every single day. Think of it this way -- how many idiots do you know over in the UK who have gone on holiday to Florida? Probably more than one. Did they ever complain about being turned away? Perhaps they might have moaned about having biometrics taken, or the long lines, or the sh!tty attitude of the CBP. Think about it for a second and PLEASE relax. Everything will be fine. We all know one exception to the rule, I'm sure, but that person probably said something that caused suspicion, or had something in their immigration history that raised a flag.

I am saying this because I honestly do care, and I have been on VJ long enough to see people whipping themselves and others up into a frenzy of paranoia. It's not good for you. Try to relax and enjoy the ride, especially after you've received the visa! :star:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Seriously, people. Chill out. I know the whole VJ process fries people's nerves, but trust me -- your parents/family/friends are NOT going to be denied at POE, nor do they need to bring reams of "proof" they are returning to the UK. Bring the return ticket, and if you're totally paranoid, maybe an invitation. I cannot tell you how many times my British friends/family/colleagues have been in and out of the US with NO incident and NO third degree about exactly when and where they are going to be every single day. Think of it this way -- how many idiots do you know over in the UK who have gone on holiday to Florida? Probably more than one. Did they ever complain about being turned away? Perhaps they might have moaned about having biometrics taken, or the long lines, or the sh!tty attitude of the CBP. Think about it for a second and PLEASE relax. Everything will be fine. We all know one exception to the rule, I'm sure, but that person probably said something that caused suspicion, or had something in their immigration history that raised a flag.

I am saying this because I honestly do care, and I have been on VJ long enough to see people whipping themselves and others up into a frenzy of paranoia. It's not good for you. Try to relax and enjoy the ride, especially after you've received the visa! :star:

Thanks :) glad to hear we have nothing to worry about. And, of course, I know a lot of people come over for vacation purposes, but if my future in laws come over saying "we are coming to see our son" I just figured it might be a different case than "we are going to Disney..." or whatever..thanks for clearing it up though :)

Wooohooo, can now be an official member of this thread, we received our NOA2 today, after 105 days, ecstatic. :dance: :dance:

Now we can push on, next stage is the NVC, how do I determine when our file arrives and then leaves the NVC?

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Wooohooo, can now be an official member of this thread, we received our NOA2 today, after 105 days, ecstatic. :dance: :dance:

Now we can push on, next stage is the NVC, how do I determine when our file arrives and then leaves the NVC?

Congrats!

The best way is to give them a call:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Does the beneficiary have to include photos on the DS 156 form when mailing in Packet3? My fiance cant get his photos yet so i told him to just mail them off without them. i think the office may do it during the interview...thats what a couple others on here said. i just wanted to double check! thanks!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Does the beneficiary have to include photos on the DS 156 form when mailing in Packet3? My fiance cant get his photos yet so i told him to just mail them off without them. i think the office may do it during the interview...thats what a couple others on here said. i just wanted to double check! thanks!!

I didn't send any photos. They attach them at the interview (so I hear) :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.