MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Actually yes! Logged into my work email this morning and got a message from him that we have a place. I knew he was going to look at somewhere last night, it was the first one he'd seen and he thought it might be too small so we weren't sure. Turns out it was perfect. Means I can send the forms off this weekend. Am going to send the checklist off later as I'm still waiting for my police certificate and Tom hasn't done the affidavit stuff.

Woohoo! That's wonderful news, though. :D that's one big thing out of the way :dance:. I'm really dopey :P I was up late last night 'cause I decided to go with my friend (who is more or less my sister by souls) to her cheerleading thing (the hardcore American kind!) because I might start going with her from next week for the fun of it, and the one session I went to wound up being one that ended in the hospital waiting for a doc. Nothing serious...but she did land from a great height smack on her back onto a thin crashmat, and it was more the shock that did it. Me and two of the others there took her to the hospital just to get it checked. She's just a bit sore now, but it was only because I was a pest to the triage nurse that they didn't make us wait longer than two hours or so. You get all kinds of funny nightlife in British hospitals...there was a woman who thought I was seventeen and didn't believe me when I said I was twenty-one :P.

And that's my off-topic, rambling story. Woo!

:ot2:

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been 4 weeks since NVC sent my case to London and they still haven't put it on their systems, this process sucks :(

poor girl. keep your chin up.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I've completed all the forms for Packet 3 and have been holding off sending them as Tom doesn't have an address yet. He's just arrived at his new base and will be in a 'hotel' on base for a while (max 30 days) whilst he finds an apartment.

How important is it that he has an address? Can I just put To Be Confirmed in the sponsors address box and then tell them his address at the interview? I will be requesting an interview for June onwards, but would like to send the forms soon, to get the ball rolling, and then send the checklist at a later date.

i wouldn't return the forms without an address on them. we put my husbands old address even though we knew he wouldn't be living there when i moved. i changed the address at the embassy after he had moved. if you are looking for an interview after june then i'd just wait for him to move first.

I'm just going to wait. He's been given a week off to find a place so hopefully we'll have an address by the end of next week.

any progress on the search today?

Actually yes! Logged into my work email this morning and got a message from him that we have a place. I knew he was going to look at somewhere last night, it was the first one he'd seen and he thought it might be too small so we weren't sure. Turns out it was perfect. Means I can send the forms off this weekend. Am going to send the checklist off later as I'm still waiting for my police certificate and Tom hasn't done the affidavit stuff.

woo well that's a good start, you must be happy to have that out of the way? congrats on finally getting the noa2 also. now it's back to the fun paperwork! ;)

Its been 4 weeks since NVC sent my case to London and they still haven't put it on their systems, this process sucks :(

Was your left NVC date from ringing them or from a letter?

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

That it's not even on the system at this point is ridiculous -_-. I'm so sorry that you've been kept waiting this long, Kirsten.

:: Hugs ::

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline

I was looking through the forms I completed and and noticed I put two different responses about my employment for the DS-157 (Q12) and the DS-230 (22). I work for the Ministry of Defence but in the three years I've worked there I've had three different posts in three different departments. Would all these departments class as different employers or would my employer ultimately be the MOD?

For the DS-157 (List last two employers, not inc present) I just put Waitrose as that's where I worked before I joined the MOD but for the DS-230 (list employment for last 10 years) I put all the departments plus Waitrose. Obviously I need to be consistant with my answers. Any ideas? Thanks.

Timeline
woo well that's a good start, you must be happy to have that out of the way? congrats on finally getting the noa2 also. now it's back to the fun paperwork! ;)

Yup I'm happy, place looks nice as well, bit small but very clean and neutral so a good blank canvas. It's perfect until we get round to buying our own place. And the NOA2, that's just a relief that it finally arrived!

I worked for the same NHS trust in 3 different posts but I just put them down once with a generic job title that covered all 3 posts. Being lazy I guess B)

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline
I worked for the same NHS trust in 3 different posts but I just put them down once with a generic job title that covered all 3 posts. Being lazy I guess B)

I'll just do that, I've sort of done the same thing for each post.

Timeline

Yup I'm happy, place looks nice as well, bit small but very clean and neutral so a good blank canvas. It's perfect until we get round to buying our own place. And the NOA2, that's just a relief that it finally arrived!

sounds good. our house is kind of small too but we won't be staying here forever so it's ok for now. i'm kind of scared about what we are going to do with my 125cuft shipment that's going to arrive though. :wacko::lol:

I was looking through the forms I completed and and noticed I put two different responses about my employment for the DS-157 (Q12) and the DS-230 (22). I work for the Ministry of Defence but in the three years I've worked there I've had three different posts in three different departments. Would all these departments class as different employers or would my employer ultimately be the MOD?

For the DS-157 (List last two employers, not inc present) I just put Waitrose as that's where I worked before I joined the MOD but for the DS-230 (list employment for last 10 years) I put all the departments plus Waitrose. Obviously I need to be consistant with my answers. Any ideas? Thanks.

Well, there are only a couple of things I would check before separating these different departments out:

- Do your paychecks come from the same place?

- If someone were to call the Personal department and ask for your employment history, would they need to call 3 different ones, or just 1 (we have different individuals for different departments, but the HR department is all one)?

- Were there three different addresses, or just 1? (maybe different buildings on the same campus - but probably one primary address)

I don't think that, in general, moving positions (even between departments) constitutes a change in employer. However, if the above points seem to point towards 3 different jobs go for it.

I would do as you already said you wanted to do, and remain consistent, whichever way you choose.

Good luck.

-H

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

It was from ringing them, i've been told many times it was physically sent on the 27th, and the electronic copy was received on the 27th too, but they have not updated the system to acknowledge receipt of the hardcopy. I have been given the same useless info from the various departments I have called and it took them a week and a half to email me back, with yet another useless 4-6 week expected wait! I emailed again on Wednesday evening as a complaint, I probably shouldn't formally write complaining to them but its rubbish, it does not usually take them 4-6 weeks, looking at the stats on here proves that (for the percentage of filers that us VJ). Its so frustrating.

Timeline

Well, there are only a couple of things I would check before separating these different departments out:

- Do your paychecks come from the same place? Yes

- If someone were to call the Personal department and ask for your employment history, would they need to call 3 different ones, or just 1 (we have different individuals for different departments, but the HR department is all one)? No we have one central HR for all departments

- Were there three different addresses, or just 1? (maybe different buildings on the same campus - but probably one primary address) - Two of the posts were on the same military base, the other was just down the road

I don't think that, in general, moving positions (even between departments) constitutes a change in employer. However, if the above points seem to point towards 3 different jobs go for it.

I would do as you already said you wanted to do, and remain consistent, whichever way you choose.

Good luck.

-H

Thanks for those. I think I'll just put the one employer, we get paid by the same team wherever we work, it's just the addresses which make it different. In fact one was an American base so technically I was paid by the Americans but it still came through the same pay team as all the others and I was still bound by MOD rules (not that it made much difference).

It was from ringing them, i've been told many times it was physically sent on the 27th, and the electronic copy was received on the 27th too, but they have not updated the system to acknowledge receipt of the hardcopy. I have been given the same useless info from the various departments I have called and it took them a week and a half to email me back, with yet another useless 4-6 week expected wait! I emailed again on Wednesday evening as a complaint, I probably shouldn't formally write complaining to them but its rubbish, it does not usually take them 4-6 weeks, looking at the stats on here proves that (for the percentage of filers that us VJ). Its so frustrating.

my sympathy being stuck anywhere in this system when others are going through ok is overly frustrating. Lets hope your latest e-mail has more joy.

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.