MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Well I just finished talking to him FINALLY. He got there fairly early...maybe 745ish from what I could conclude. About 30-35 people ahead of him. He got #5006 or #5007, cant remember, ha. Took about 30-45 minutes to be called up....paid the visa fee...waited another 30-45 minutes....a guy interviewed him--asked him, where i lived? whens the wedding? and why arent i moving there. didnt ask to see any evidence...no photos...no papers...nothing. ha. told him that we were approved and wud have the passport back in 5 working days. the interview was scheduled for 830 and he was out of there at 1030

on his way back home...it was hell. i guess there train caught on fire!!! so they got evacuated and were detoured to manchester. so the interview was a piece of cake and the way home sucked. oh well, ha. he will be here in 2 weeks today :)

Oh wow...the train caught fire?! Serious? I wonder how that hapened :blink:. At least it's done with and he'll have quite a story to tell if anybody asks about it :D.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And guys, I have a question...do I have to get my letter of intent notarised, too? I'm a little worried because unless I send it by express and Knight sends it back immediately, with his notarised too, that it might cause issues.

Magpie.

And guys, I have a question...do I have to get my letter of intent notarised, too? I'm a little worried because unless I send it by express and Knight sends it back immediately, with his notarised too, that it might cause issues.

Magpie.

No hon you do not need to get your notarized and they probably wont even ask to see them, I did not show mine, it is just another just incase they want to see them.

No hon you do not need to get your notarized and they probably wont even ask to see them, I did not show mine, it is just another just incase they want to see them.

Ooh, okay -- thank you for clearing that up. I just got incredibly confused there.

Magpie.

Something new to talk about~~~~~~~

I'm not sure we've talked about this in the threads here before so thought I would mention it. It's about AP, as in additional processing, after your interview. I've corresponded by PM with several people who interviewed in London who aren't regular posters here in the UK regionals over the last nine months. It's pretty much a given that if you are not a native born Brit, you will probably not be approved at your interview and they will not keep your passport nor have you pay the courier at the Embassy. I just didn't want our little "ray of sunshine", Magpie, to come back from the interview in tears, nor anyone else, because they weren't expecting it. I know MARM's expecting it for her guy already. It's possible that Dairy Farmer's delays are more for that, than the other things they brought up about her overstay.

It seems to be the pattern that non native born Brits have to have their names searched in additional databases that others don't. The first guy I talked to about it early last summer was told it could be 3 months and they would contact him when it was time to send his passport to the Embassy. He had allowed a good 6 weeks after the interview for his fiance to come to the US. They had a big wedding scheduled in July. She got put on AP and they ended up have to cancel the venue, catering, photographer, florist, etc and contact over 100 guests. His took 8 weeks and well past the wedding date. There were two that I don't know how long it took because I lost touch with them. The latest I've talked with was in late December. The guy at the Embassy told him the process had been going much faster than it had in the past and perhaps it wouldn't take too long. His took just 4 weeks, but he was so devastated because they had planned to celebrate their January birthdays together and also marry in January.

So it's just a head's up for anybody not born in the UK. Don't get your heart set on any plans until you have the visa in hand. Don't buy plane tickets until you have the visa in hand. Things can get delayed. I think our little sunshine girl is going to be fine with her plans because she's going to remain in the UK for awhile to finish her classes.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm not sure we've talked about this in the threads here before so thought I would mention it. It's about AP, as in additional processing, after your interview. I've corresponded by PM with several people who interviewed in London who aren't regular posters here in the UK regionals over the last nine months. It's pretty much a given that if you are not a native born Brit, you will probably not be approved at your interview and they will not keep your passport nor have you pay the courier at the Embassy. I just didn't want our little "ray of sunshine", Magpie, to come back from the interview in tears, nor anyone else, because they weren't expecting it. I know MARM's expecting it for her guy already. It's possible that Dairy Farmer's delays are more for that, than the other things they brought up about her overstay.

It seems to be the pattern that non native born Brits have to have their names searched in additional databases that others don't. The first guy I talked to about it early last summer was told it could be 3 months and they would contact him when it was time to send his passport to the Embassy. He had allowed a good 6 weeks after the interview for his fiance to come to the US. They had a big wedding scheduled in July. She got put on AP and they ended up have to cancel the venue, catering, photographer, florist, etc and contact over 100 guests. His took 8 weeks and well past the wedding date. There were two that I don't know how long it took because I lost touch with them. The latest I've talked with was in late December. The guy at the Embassy told him the process had been going much faster than it had in the past and perhaps it wouldn't take too long. His took just 4 weeks, but he was so devastated because they had planned to celebrate their January birthdays together and also marry in January.

So it's just a head's up for anybody not born in the UK. Don't get your heart set on any plans until you have the visa in hand. Don't buy plane tickets until you have the visa in hand. Things can get delayed. I think our little sunshine girl is going to be fine with her plans because she's going to remain in the UK for awhile to finish her classes.

I noticed that too, mainly from those who post in the embassy forum. I believe stevi1123 is still waiting since October, though she hasn't posted here for a while.

:: Hugs :: I hope you're right, Nich...my heart just sank, reading that first paragraph. I grew up here, and I was barely old enough to walk. How long do you think it'll take? I'm hoping to fly out after my exams in May, so I'm really scared now. I was nervous about it already, but...argh.

Thanks for the heads-up...at least I'll be doubly prepared, now.

By the way, how long had these others been living in the UK? I mean, give a year's difference, and I would have been born here. My eldest brother and youngest were.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

:: Hugs :: I hope you're right, Nich...my heart just sank, reading that first paragraph. I grew up here, and I was barely old enough to walk. How long do you think it'll take? I'm hoping to fly out after my exams in May, so I'm really scared now. I was nervous about it already, but...argh.

Thanks for the heads-up...at least I'll be doubly prepared, now.

By the way, how long had these others been living in the UK? I mean, give a year's difference, and I would have been born here. My eldest brother and youngest were.

Magpie.

Knight here:

Oh, I think it's just fantastic that my government thinks that if you were naturalized as a citizen of the United Kingdom at one year of age, there's still a possibility that my girly could be *gasp* OH MY GOD A OSAMA-BIN-LADIN WORSHIPPING TER'RIST.

That's complete bullshit. I'm sorry, but it is. FFS, she has been British her whole life, so because she had the luck of the draw of being born in Bangalore she has to be penalized for it? Gee, maybe she should just cast aside her British nationality and claim citizenry of India if that's what it's going to take to get her over here fast enough. #######? Maybe she should legally change her last name to Wilson or Michels or Vildersson too, because she has an OMFG TERR'RIST LAST NAME!

Come on, Nich-nick are you really going to tell me that those people were living in the UK since they were one? Surely they had to have been at least 5 or 10. Magpie doesn't even have an Indian accent and she's never even BEEN to India, and for as hard as her damnable family tried to force her into a culture that wasn't hers, she's distinctly British.

This is garbage.

Not mad at you, ranting at the beauracratic BS that people like Magpie have to get through, whose only crimes were being born in foreign countries and being forced into religions they never chose.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Of the ones I read about being put in AP they have not been UK citizens but have been here on either a student or work visa.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Its an interesting idea, I really hope its not the case.

I know there have been over a dozen other Aussies processed through London in the last couple of years from VJ. I'm the only one I've discovered to get put in AP. The irony being I was told I was approved pending the Police Cert. If it wasn't for that I don't think I would have crashed and burned so hard.

Surely Magpie would not be effected at the end of the day she IS a British Citizen. I'm crossing my fingers for you and toes and wishing on the first star I see tonight. And for everyone else on the list. This is an awful place to be; this limbo.

I think AP is the equivalent of Visa Purgatory. I'm waiting to see if I get sent to heaven or hell.

Knight, calm down. It's just a delay for more database checking that I've seen happen to other people in London. It's not going to be a denial of any sort. It just may be some requirement they throw in. If Sunshine gets AP, then at least you've had some time to digest that it could happen and you won't fall apart completely. Maybe it will be no problem because of her citizenship status. And it would be done and dusted before her exams are over anyway. The summer wedding guy's fiance had lived in the UK since she was a child. The December guy is a Pakistani student. That's all I know.

Here's a link that tells about name checking at various stages of the process and why some take a long time to clear through no fault of the beneficiary. http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Stevi is a old VJ friend of mine from K1 filing days. She's lovely. They were told to get another police report and it's from an African country where getting one, especially not residing there, was going to take a really, really long time. They did screw them around in my opinion because they had a police report not a year old. They are very strict on the African male immigrants.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I think AP is the equivalent of Visa Purgatory. I'm waiting to see if I get sent to heaven or hell.

I feel so sorry for your sweetie. I would have crashed and burned too. I hate disappointment more than anything. I get all moody when we decide on a restaurant and I'm already tasting the food in my mind, only to find the place closed. Silly thing, but it happens.

I think you're going to be fine. No hell for you, except the hell of getting it sorted, which is enough. Chin up. We all think about you every day because you're a love and deserve to get on with your happiness. (F)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Knight here:

Allright, well, I know you said that they're strict on African males, but Sunshine here is a female South Asian who hasn't been in India since she was born there. I don't think that the US is so ####### retentive as to ask her to get a certificate from India when 1) She is not an Indian citizen 2) She hasn't been there since she was born and 3) It's absurd to think that an infant has any capacity to do malicious harm to others. If they wind up asking her for that, I am going to officially renounce being an American. And that's no small oath because I have always been deeply patriotic to this "land of the free."

Thank you for your words, Dairyfarmer -- you'll be okay, and so will we all. We hope and pray that it'll pass soon and you'll be well on your way to your wonderful lady.

I'm a little better now...it was just the initial shock of it that jarred me. Having spoken to Knight and read over the other responses, I'm thinking a little more clearly and it doesn't seem as bad. It's just that agonizing thought of having to wait that little while longer...and on top of that, I want to start shipping things to Knight in April and book flights and such so I can ensure my little Bean can fly in the cabin with me. I've got police documentation explaining why I don't have a proper birth certificate, and I'll even provide them with the details of the hospital where I was born. My police record is clean and I've been utterly honest with where I've been and such. I really pray they don't put me into AP though, because both Knight and I have done so much to get this far, and I don't relish the idea of even more waiting with a good dollop of fear and stress.

:: Hugs :: and love to all.

Magpie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.