MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

ive decided that you probably already knew all of that stuff i spouted up there. ive also decided that you wanted to know roughly how long it takes to get a medical with the knightsbridge doctors in london once you have contacted them. :l im slow. sorry.

since we have not scheduled one, i cant tell you personally, but it seems like they have a lot of availability. i thought it said 1-2 days on the website when i checked the other day, but i dont see that time frame there now. instead it currently says,

The practice is open on Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 5pm.

For appointments, please call 020 7589 8965 .

Appointments can usually be offered promptly at a time to suit you

which also sounds promising.

i believe you can book your appointment once you have received your LND case number.

(it's very possible that i am just posting to read my own advice and see if it makes sense. ignore me. : ) )

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A correction here:

Telephone:

(603) 334-0700 Press 1 for English, then 5 to speak to someone.

An automated recorded message system is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to answer case status inquiries. But don't use it because K1s do not get entered into the automated system. The automated sytem will never recognize your number. K1s /K3s must speak to a person.

Status of case information can only be provided by entering your NVC case number or CIS receipt number (USCIS NOA1 receipt number). NVC has information on received petitions only. If the automated system does not recognize the NVC case number or CIS receipt number you entered, most likely caused by NVC has not yet received your petition.

The crossed out instructions are for people getting CR1/IR1 visas. They go through alot of processing at the NVC, including paying the fees for their green card, form DS-230 etc. When they enter the US, they get the green card and social security card immediately and much of that process is at the NVC.

K1s/K3s just very briefly pass through the NVC to get a case number, some name checks, and be forwarded to the embassy and normally are not there but a couple of days. They are not put into the automated system. On rare occasion, some cases are held up at the NVC with the name checks. It's called AP...additional processing.

Telephone operators are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). Best time to call is 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM.

Things you ask the NVC. Have you received my case from the USCIS? When? Can you tell me my case number? Has my case be forwarded to London? What date? (The NVC is part of the Dept of State who actually issues your visa. Before, your petition was at USCIS, part of the Dept of Homeland Security. So this is the point that you are handed over from USCIS to DOS and that case number is a DOS assigned number.)

hope that helps a little. let us know if you need more help.

and i know i didnt answer your direct question, but i didnt really understand what you were asking. if you are curious about the timing of things, you can look at people's timelines with dates similar to yours in the timeline section of vj. here's a few to look at: k-1, vsc, london embassy you can get a feel for the timing if you browse through these.

edit: typo[/size]

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

A correction here:

fail.

<sigh>

i tried. i hate being new.

maybe i will stick to asking questions...

are any of the following needed AS ORIGINALS at the interview:

usc passport

usc birth certificate

tax transcripts

w-2's

paycheck stubs

im just trying to scan and email those items that he will not need to present as originals (or have originals on hand as back-up)

so far, i know that i must send him the following original documents:

completed and signed 1-134's for sponsor and co-sponsor

letter of employment for sponsor and co-sponsor

letter from bank for sponsor and co-sponsor

updated and signed 'intent to marry' letter from me (the usc)

hmm. think thats it.

thx.

edit: edited for clarity (i hope)

Edited by mr and mrs

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

A correction here:

fail.

<sigh>

i tried. i hate being new. It's ok :) you will get the hang of it pretty fast, VJ is quite addictive for pple like us.

maybe i will stick to asking questions...

are any of the following needed AS ORIGINALS at the interview:

usc passport No, not needed at all, not even a copy

usc birth certificate No, not needed at all, not even a copy (unless you are using a co-sponsor then you need to show the co-sponsor's proof of USCitizenship in the form of a copy of his/her bc or passport bio page)

tax transcripts No, copies are fine

w-2's No, copies are fine

paycheck stubs No, copies are fine

im just trying to scan and email those items that he will not need to present as originals (or have originals on hand as back-up)

so far, i know that i must send him the following original documents:

completed and signed 1-134's for sponsor and co-sponsor

letter of employment for sponsor and co-sponsor

letter from bank for sponsor and co-sponsor

updated and signed 'intent to marry' letter from me (the usc)

^^^You got it right! :yes:

hmm. think thats it.

thx.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

You got it right!

yaaaay! i got something right! excellent. i feel better. thanks, ma'am. : p

and also, its nice that you dont need originals of many of those items. easy to scan and email them off! all this printing, copying, and scanning helps me justify the purchase of my printer/copier/scanner in the early days of the i-129f. i think it has already paid for itself in the amount of frustration/anxiety it has prevented.

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

You're right regarding the medical service, Lisabette :D just wanted to say (not sure if I've missed someone saying this already), you can book your medical appointment whenever. Just call them and suggest a date and they should give you an appointment. I did try calling them in early February to get a date, but they told me to call back in two weeks if I wanted one in March. I'd suggest making it no more than three months in advance of the interview to be on the safe side; I had mine on the 3rd of March and my interview's on the 30th (because I'm a paranoid squirrel).

Hugs!

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We just got our notice saying that my case had been completed on Friday. Today I am going to start calling the NVC to check if they have assigned me an interview date. How long has it usually been taking people? When should I call up to get a medical with one of the doctors? Do I have to wait to be assigned a doctor also or do I just call?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
We just got our notice saying that my case had been completed on Friday. Today I am going to start calling the NVC to check if they have assigned me an interview date. How long has it usually been taking people? When should I call up to get a medical with one of the doctors? Do I have to wait to be assigned a doctor also or do I just call?

First of all congrats on the approval and welcome to the pre-interview thread.

Today will be too early to call. I tried calling a week after we received out NOA2 (spoke to a real person as Nich-Nick outlined above) and they had not received it or assigned an LND case number to us yet. Having said that, you can certainly call but it most likely there will be no info. Remember we're talking the speed of government here.

The NVC does not assign your interview date, that will be done by the embassy after they send you packet 3 and you send it back.

You can can call for an appointment for the medical after you get your LND case number from the NVC.

Congrats again,

Bob and Patricia

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Heya :Dyou just need two forms of evidence. W-2s and Tax Returns should be fine for both sponsor and co-sponsor (please correct me if I'm wrong, VJers). Knight's a full-time student so while he had to fill out a form, he didn't have W-2s to send. W-2s are proof of employment forms (employment verification). Knight's mum did send her W-2 and tax return, the most recent ones -- but I'm not sure how recent they have to be, so the others might be able to clarify that. You don't have to have them notorized but you can do :D. I hope that helps!

Magpie.

Thanks Magpie! Based on what you are saying then the following pieces of evidence would be sufficient...

Sponsor's 2008 W-2 and 1040

Co Sponsor's 2008 W-2 and 1040 (Don't know if 2007 and 2006 would be needed for the sponsors)

Does that mean the Statement from the Employer would not be required since that is the point of having the W-2? Would this mean if you didn't have a W-2 you can replace this piece of evidence with the Statement from the Employer? So I'd guess the pay stubs aren't a requirement if you have the above forms to hand?

Lastly, what is a tax transcript, is it just a copy of the above forms (W-2 and 1040) if the originals were lost?

Thanks alot, god knows where i'd be without this place!

Aye this forum is a life saver, this whole process is just way too complicated.

Good morning. I didn't get to this one last night and wanted to help a little more on the Affidavit of Support questions.

Yes London suggests two forms of evidence to prove income. The tax form 1040 and the W2 are ONE piece of evidence.

Let me explain the tax stuff. You fill out the 1040 when you're going to file your taxes. Your tax return could easily have other parts like a Schedule A, C, D, etc depending on your situation and source of income. When you're ready to mail the forms, you staple your W2(s) to the front page. That's a statement each employer sends out in Jan. telling your total income for the previous year. If you had 3 jobs during the year, then you'd have three W2s. You could also get income not earned from working shown on a Form 1099. So a complete tax return might be as simple as a form 1040 and one W2, or it could be Form 1040, Schedule A, Schedule D, three W2s and a 1099-R. Whatever you are required to send in to the IRS if mailing, is considered your complete tax return, no matter how many pages. So that's a bunch of papers that equals ONE proof of income. Anybody could fake up a form 1040 and say they made $40,000 so that's why embassies must have the W2 with that 1040. The W2s back up the amount of money your 1040 says you made.

Tax transcripts are summaries of your whole tax return provided free by the IRS. They can't be faked because it's a copy/summary of your whole tax return picture, basically certified by the IRS because it's issued by them. That's why you don't have to include any 1040, Schedules, W2s or 1099s if you send a transcript.

Okay, so your task is to show London your income in the best way you can by presenting at least two pieces of evidence. They suggest various ways and you pick what you want to provide. Some ways are:

1. Complete tax return or tax transcript for the most recent tax year. If you've got 3 previous years that are well above the income level you may submit them but it's not required. If you had a poor 2006, then that wouldn't help your case much so don't submit it. If your 2006 was a fab year and you had more income then than 2007, it would be to your benefit to show it.

2. Letter from employer. He states you earn $x amount of money, are working 40 hrs a week and are in a permanent position. That could be great proof. Example: You were a student in 2008 and didn't work much so your tax return for 2008 shows $5000 earned the whole year. Not too great for your case. BUT you graduated and started working for Big Company now earning $4000 a month. So on your I-134 Affidavit, you state your income is $48,000 a year. Your letter from Big Company backs up that claim.

3. Pay stubs. You don't want to bother Mr. Big Company to write you a letter, but you've got months of pay stubs showing $2000 earned bi-monthly. You make copies of them to show you've got regular money coming in twice a month. How many? Whatever you think makes you look good.

4. Bank statements. You've got a whopping savings account and your great salary is deposited into that account. Show enough months so they believe that it's a regular thing. A letter from the bank could also be used to show you've had an account 5 years and your balance has averaged $30,000 each of those 5 years. To me that kind of letter from a bank officer would be a pain to get, so I wouldn't pick that as one of my proofs.

5. Investments. You don't work so can't provide pay stubs or letter from employer. BUT you've got $250,000 in certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, etc. You show proof of those investments. Maybe you get a monthly statement showing a total of your investments. Maybe your stock broke could write a letter. Maybe you provide a list of of all the stock you own and the serial numbers of the share certificates.

6. Other proofs. You don't work for an employer because you free lance (self employed) as a web designer. You're not going to have W2s so you've got to figure out some way to show where your income comes from. Aha..you can show a pile of contracts from your clients showing you really get paid and how much. You don't keep good records of your business? Tsk tsk...what a shame. Now what are you going to do?

Your task is to convince the person at London that you have enough money to meet the requirements. There is no exact list of what to bring, but it is suggested that at least two proofs would be nice. It's up to you to figure out what you can show that will convince them you can support an immigrant. Each person's situation is different, so use your brain and come up with what is easiest for you to get, that best proves your case. Don't bother with things that won't help you out. Example: I fill in once in a blue moon at an office. I had a W2 for the whole year totalling $536.00. Is it part of my tax return? Yes. Did I need a letter from that employer? No. Why bother, it doesn't prove enough income, so isn't going to help my case.

Just one other important note if you have a co-sponsor. In addition to two proofs of their income, you have to show they are US citizens or LPRs. So photocopy their US born birth certificate or US passport or naturalization papers or green card. Show some piece of evidence showing their citizenship or status in the US. Your fiance already established that or you wouldn't have gotten past USCIS, so no need to show that again with the I-134 for the fiance.

Class dismissed. :rofl:

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I already have an LND number- it was my case number for the whole process

Opps, my bad. Didn't notice you're a CR-1/IR-1 visa. We're K-1 so I've been working in that mindset. The rules are different.

Call me embarassed,

Bob

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

I already have an LND number- it was my case number for the whole process

Miss Charlotte~~ You are a CR1/IR1 so your situation is going to be totally different from everybody posting in this thread because they are mostly telling about K1 visa cases. You will be in the automated system at NVC. Your instructions will come from NVC. You will send papers and payment to NVC. You've still got a lot of processing in the US before you get to interview stage. You're going to get better information probably in the CR1/IR1 forum or the NVC forum. What happens at the doctor's office in London or how the waiting room looks at the Embassy might be helpful to you, but how/when your appointments get assigned will be very different. You're going to get real confused by this particular thread because your case has a whole lot done at NVC. There's something called James' Shortcut I see people taking about that's supposed to be a way to cut corners with the NVC. Another forum might give you all the tricks you need to learn about CR1/IR1.

Here is the flowchart of what happens for you at NVC from the guides http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

:luv: Thank goodness for Nich! Where would we be without your eternal wisdom and endless pool of knowledge?

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Yes London suggests two forms of evidence to prove income. The tax form 1040 and the W2 are ONE piece of evidence.

Let me explain the tax stuff. You fill out the 1040 when you're going to file your taxes. Your tax return could easily have other parts like a Schedule A, C, D, etc depending on your situation and source of income. When you're ready to mail the forms, you staple your W2(s) to the front page. That's a statement each employer sends out in Jan. telling your total income for the previous year. If you had 3 jobs during the year, then you'd have three W2s. You could also get income not earned from working shown on a Form 1099. So a complete tax return might be as simple as a form 1040 and one W2, or it could be Form 1040, Schedule A, Schedule D, three W2s and a 1099-R. Whatever you are required to send in to the IRS if mailing, is considered your complete tax return, no matter how many pages. So that's a bunch of papers that equals ONE proof of income. Anybody could fake up a form 1040 and say they made $40,000 so that's why embassies must have the W2 with that 1040. The W2s back up the amount of money your 1040 says you made.

Tax transcripts are summaries of your whole tax return provided free by the IRS. They can't be faked because it's a copy/summary of your whole tax return picture, basically certified by the IRS because it's issued by them. That's why you don't have to include any 1040, Schedules, W2s or 1099s if you send a transcript.

Okay, so your task is to show London your income in the best way you can by presenting at least two pieces of evidence. They suggest various ways and you pick what you want to provide. Some ways are:

1. Complete tax return or tax transcript for the most recent tax year. If you've got 3 previous years that are well above the income level you may submit them but it's not required. If you had a poor 2006, then that wouldn't help your case much so don't submit it. If your 2006 was a fab year and you had more income then than 2007, it would be to your benefit to show it.

2. Letter from employer. He states you earn $x amount of money, are working 40 hrs a week and are in a permanent position. That could be great proof. Example: You were a student in 2008 and didn't work much so your tax return for 2008 shows $5000 earned the whole year. Not too great for your case. BUT you graduated and started working for Big Company now earning $4000 a month. So on your I-134 Affidavit, you state your income is $48,000 a year. Your letter from Big Company backs up that claim.

3. Pay stubs. You don't want to bother Mr. Big Company to write you a letter, but you've got months of pay stubs showing $2000 earned bi-monthly. You make copies of them to show you've got regular money coming in twice a month. How many? Whatever you think makes you look good.

4. Bank statements. You've got a whopping savings account and your great salary is deposited into that account. Show enough months so they believe that it's a regular thing. A letter from the bank could also be used to show you've had an account 5 years and your balance has averaged $30,000 each of those 5 years. To me that kind of letter from a bank officer would be a pain to get, so I wouldn't pick that as one of my proofs.

5. Investments. You don't work so can't provide pay stubs or letter from employer. BUT you've got $250,000 in certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, etc. You show proof of those investments. Maybe you get a monthly statement showing a total of your investments. Maybe your stock broke could write a letter. Maybe you provide a list of of all the stock you own and the serial numbers of the share certificates.

6. Other proofs. You don't work for an employer because you free lance (self employed) as a web designer. You're not going to have W2s so you've got to figure out some way to show where your income comes from. Aha..you can show a pile of contracts from your clients showing you really get paid and how much. You don't keep good records of your business? Tsk tsk...what a shame. Now what are you going to do?

Your task is to convince the person at London that you have enough money to meet the requirements. There is no exact list of what to bring, but it is suggested that at least two proofs would be nice. It's up to you to figure out what you can show that will convince them you can support an immigrant. Each person's situation is different, so use your brain and come up with what is easiest for you to get, that best proves your case. Don't bother with things that won't help you out. Example: I fill in once in a blue moon at an office. I had a W2 for the whole year totalling $536.00. Is it part of my tax return? Yes. Did I need a letter from that employer? No. Why bother, it doesn't prove enough income, so isn't going to help my case.

Just one other important note if you have a co-sponsor. In addition to two proofs of their income, you have to show they are US citizens or LPRs. So photocopy their US born birth certificate or US passport or naturalization papers or green card. Show some piece of evidence showing their citizenship or status in the US. Your fiance already established that or you wouldn't have gotten past USCIS, so no need to show that again with the I-134 for the fiance.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an essay on the American tax system! ;)

No seriously, this has made it much clearer for me, Thank you for your help. :thumbs:

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.