MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Ok, we got our NOA2 this past Sat (01 Mar). :dance: , and I'll be calling NVC later this week to get our LND#. Since I was already going to be in the UK on 18 Mar for a week, we were thinking we could drop down to London and get the medical out of the way early (23 Mar?) with the LND#. This propably will be before we even get the packet 3. How likely will we be able to do this?

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Ok, we got our NOA2 this past Sat (01 Mar). :dance: , and I'll be calling NVC later this week to get our LND#. Since I was already going to be in the UK on 18 Mar for a week, we were thinking we could drop down to London and get the medical out of the way early (23 Mar?) with the LND#. This propably will be before we even get the packet 3. How likely will we be able to do this?

Completely likely. Packet 3 is just a list of sh!t the embassy want you to get together - nothing more. An LND number is quite sufficient to book a medical.

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

MArM thanks for the post cleared it up for me !

Colin & Jess

*K-1 Visa Timeline*

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent USPS: 08-18-2008

I-129F arrived at VSC: 08-21-08

Check cashed by VSC: 08-24-08

I-129F NOA1 : 08-24-08

I-129F NOA2 (CHECKED ON WEBSITEl) : 1-28-09

NOA 2 (IN HAND) : 1-29-09

NVC Received : 02-06-09

NVC Left : 02-10-09

Consulate Received : 02-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 02-13-09

Packet 3 Sent to London (minus checklist): 03-02-09

Packet 3 Received in London( found out via calling embassy and email) : 03-12-09

Packet 3 checlist sent back: 03-27-09

Medical: 03-26-09 canceled due to operation... rescheduled for 04/23/09

Packet 4 Received :04-06-09

Interview Date : 04-27-09 ( APPROVED pending medical results)

Visa Received :

US Entry : 04-13-09 via Dallas Fort Worth airport

Marriage : 06-06-09

AOS time line

I-485(+EAD&AP) sent: 07/21/09

Arrived: 07/23/09

Biometrics: 08/26/09

RFE: 08/10/09 but got letter 10-23-09 (you have 87days to answer an RFE)

RFE RECEIVED: 30-10-09 at 4pm

Interview:

AOS transfer(if any):4/11/09

Approval/denial date:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I still haven't got my pack 3. But thanks to people on here, the forms are done and back, I have a medical scheduled and am awaiting an interview date.

Just hope too many people don't follow the lead of the cunning people on here who managed to leap-frog the queue!

OK, I can't stand this any longer without commenting.

COLIN. Can you read? You are acting like a lost little rabbit. As much as you have been posting and reading here, where is your brain?? Do you ever read the instructions that go with the forms? Did you thoroughly read the website pages and all the links that London sends with the P3 letter. Have you printed or bookmarked any information people have posted before that might be useful to you? If you're enough man to move to another country and get married, then you've got to take some responsibility to keep up fellow, and quite waking up in a new world every day. Duh...what do I do now? It's all been laid out in print, so you shouldn't be needing to be spoon fed.

SKParker--How can you speak with such great authority if you haven't been to an interview yet? Your information below is actually full of a lot of information that is false, unnecessary, and will further confuse people in my opinion. London has outlined nicely on their website what one should bring to the interview, other than the I-134 and supporting documents which aren't in the checklist documents. I apologize if I sound like a b1tch, but just because you have been granted an interview by cheating the system and jumping the queue over some other great people on here, doesn't give you personal knowlege about the interview. I think it would be better if you said "this is what I'm preparing to take."

Oh God! I think it's time to retire. I'm turning into rebeccajo. :dead: Who wants to play the role of Pushbrk? We can start a heated argument that goes on for pages and pages. :P

First of all, there was no reason to be rude to colin or I. And I am NOT speaking on any authority. I said MAYBE writing a letter would help....as it has helped 2 people so far who have tried. A lot of my information used to be actually TRUE....I have done tons of research on visa websites for the K1....apparently in the past few months, things have changed because I have documentation, printed, that we were supposed to include NOA1. Sorry if things have changed. My information was never meant to confuse anyone....I don't post information unless I have read about it a few times and it has worked for me. And I never said I cheated any system, maybe bad choice of words....but it may help a few people get their interview date earlier if they want. So what if it helps some people be with their SO's earlier. My fiance and I actually are going to get married right away when he comes (maybe 2 days after the date we said because we found out we are getting thrown a wedding shower)--so in no way are we trying to jump the line of any other person. Sometimes the reason why some people are waiting for interviews still is because of the dates they put on their forms, they are stuck in processing, or maybe because the information they sent back was filled in wrong/missing. And I never said I had any personal knowledge about the interview anywhere. Again, I pointed out what I have read and information VERY qualified people have given me on VJ.

And I was only trying to HELP colin and not give any FALSE information. There is no reason to give information that you have no clue about...that is why I give out information only about what I know to be 100% because I have done tons of research. Again, apparently a few things have changed.

About bringing stuff about the wedding, sometimes having a few things about your intention to wed is a good thing to have, of course JUST INCASE. My fiance is just bringing our wedding band receipt to show how serious we are. Of course, it is just a suggestion. I'm not telling anyone to go and do everything I did.....I'm telling people about what I did.

The only thing I was not 100% about was the copies about the passport. Since for the I-129F petition, the petitioner needed a copy of ALL pages of their passport, it seemed only reasonable that you would have to do this again. Sorry if i was wrong about this to anyone I told to do this!!!

So, all in all....me and my fiance might be bringing a few extra pieces of paper, but I'm positive we arent missing one vital piece of information. I am in no way a lawyer or have a PHD in K-1 visas.....as no one else does--so not everyone's information might be 100% correct....but a simple and NICE correction to their work would have been viable.

I'M REALLY SORRY COLIN for any false information I may have given you!! Don't be discouraged...we all run into hickups during this process....I hope I didn't make you crazy with different information, it was NEVER my intention :)

Take care everyone on here :) and please, be nice and be respectful to each other :D

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

I wasn't aware you needed the NOA1 at interview!

Me neither, that's the first I've heard of it :blink:

You don't...the only things you need for the interview are:

Passport

Birth Certificate (Original)

Police Certificate

Colour Photographs (x2)

Evidence of Support (I-134 + tax returns/employment stubs)

Payment

If necessary, bring:

Adoption Certificate

Deed poll/proof of change of name

Marriage, divorce, death certificates

Court record

Military record

Certified translations

You don't have to notorize these documents, but you can if you want.

This is all taken from the Packet 3. There is nothing about an NOA1 and nobody who has been approved previously has taken it to the interview. You can take additional evidence such as photographs or letters, but from what others have experienced (I have yet to have my interview), it's not necessary. I will be taking mine with me.

Like Nich said, please check your facts, guys. That's what the website is for.

Magpie.

Sorry guys!!! I read wrong on a Guide in VJ about the NOA1....it said to bring present-noa1 dated evidence...I read it a few months ago and it must have been late at night. Sorry for the wrong information!!!! :wacko:

Thanks Magpie for the clarification!!! :thumbs:

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Cashed check: 6-2-09

Touch 6-5-09

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

:star: Let's calm down, peeps. I'd like to add that Nich's been one of the most helpful people on this forum, and she's helped many of us out in ways we cannot repay. Perhaps there was some confused information out there, but let's put this bit of yuck behind us.

It's also sometimes better to just stick to what's asked on the form and maybe ask if you should add certain things, or clarify that some things are a suggestion rather than a must. It's very important to go through the packet thoroughly as well before posting questions which have already been answered for you by the embassy. :) This way, it's easier to sort out what must be given at the interview and what you can bring.

I'll give you an example. Knight had all the evidence of support documents notorized and photocopied the biological info page of his mum's passport and his; photocopying every page isn't necessary, I don't think. It was just a precaution. That, like a few other additions, are just suggestions -- they just clarify things for the visa officer and enforce the fact they're US citizens. Items such as college letters confirming that the applicant is a full-time student are useful too.

:D So, that said, cookies and hugs for everyone!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

omg do you really need to have the NOA1 for the interview>?? WHYYYY i dont think i have that

NO you don't. It is not on the P3 check list, and is not requested at the interview.

I agree, chill-ax all, it really is very simple and easy to follow. Don't over think it all.

By all means prepare you evidence of relationship, I did, as it turns out they did not want to view it at all. The most important information is the information they ask for. This is ESSENTIAL.

Timeline

urghh what a waste of £5.01.. i posted the paperwork to the embassy last week and they only updated sht today!! #######.. come on people.. i have a fiance waiting for me..

Timeline

We got our NOA2 for quite sometime now. I called the embassy in London and told me that they have sent packet 3 since Feb 17. It's March 3 and we have not received their mail yet.

We already have all the forms ready and we have the LND number. Can someone tell me if it's OK if we sent all the forms to the embassy even thou we have not received packet 3 yet? Also will we be OK if we schedule a medical appointment now without the interview date known?

Timeline
We got our NOA2 for quite sometime now. I called the embassy in London and told me that they have sent packet 3 since Feb 17. It's March 3 and we have not received their mail yet.

We already have all the forms ready and we have the LND number. Can someone tell me if it's OK if we sent all the forms to the embassy even thou we have not received packet 3 yet? Also will we be OK if we schedule a medical appointment now without the interview date known?

Yes, you can.

My packet 3 still hasn't arrived, but the DoS have told me my interview date just now :D 16th March, medical on the 20th, so a busy week that one!

Timeline
urghh what a waste of £5.01.. i posted the paperwork to the embassy last week and they only updated sht today!! #######.. come on people.. i have a fiance waiting for me..

which paperwork are you referring to? The forms for packet 3? I have filled them all out as well does it mean we have to do them from the beginning again? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.