allousa

Netflix suggestion for MENA peeps

152 posts in this topic

did anyone see Hideous Kinky?

Yes ! I am a big Kate Winslet fan, but from what I remember that one was kinda strange. I vaguely remember a steamy laundry room scene :unsure:

i think that was in quills. an even stranger movie than hideous kinky! quills was just...wow.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes...Quills was strange ! What about Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind? She sure has played a wide range of characters !! I love Jim Carey, also :thumbs:

I'm so excited for the Oscars, I can barely stand it :pop:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think I have. Have to go click on netflix to refresh my memory what it's about.

I just saw "The Bubble" last night. I kinda liked it! It's about a gay Israeli Jew and Palestinian couple falling in love among other issues. There are a few kinda graphic gay sex scenes just fyi. :P

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not yet but it's in the Queue. We watched The Bride Market of Imilchil this weekend - it was an 80's documentary on the the practice. Husband was sorta mortified and never knew it happened in Morocco. Also watched Control Room - he hates documentaries but said he learned a lot from both of them.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes ! I am a big Kate Winslet fan, but from what I remember that one was kinda strange. I vaguely remember a steamy laundry room scene :unsure:

i think that was in quills. an even stranger movie than hideous kinky! quills was just...wow.

I remember the steamy laundry room scene she had in the movie - Little Children. That was something. :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I remember the steamy laundry room scene she had in the movie - Little Children. That was something. :blush:

Yes ! It was Little Children, thanks Staashi ! She has done so many movies I was getting them confused. Glad to see her finally win an Oscar the other night !! I am watching Control Room now :unsure:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey MENA movie peeps!

Can you help my hubbie out? He is wanting to see a film about Salahadin, but I am unable to find something under the subject title on Netflix. I was hoping if I could find an actual title, I could search it that way. Do any of you have suggestions?

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline

HELP!!!!!

We got "Daughter of Keltoum" from Netflix. The movie froze up on the last chapter where she meets her mom and finds out she was sold. PLEASE tell me what happened and how the story finished. PLEASE!!!!

Edited by allousa

Timeline
Hey MENA movie peeps!

Can you help my hubbie out? He is wanting to see a film about Salahadin, but I am unable to find something under the subject title on Netflix. I was hoping if I could find an actual title, I could search it that way. Do any of you have suggestions?

Seems like my husband mentioned one not long ago, but I don't remember the name. I'll ask him tonight.

We recently watched a Tunisian film called "Satin Rouge." I don't know if it's on Netflix. My husband's friend accidentally left a copy at our place one night, and we didn't know what it was when we put it in the player, but we both enjoyed it.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline
Hey MENA movie peeps!

Haven't been able to ask my husband yet, but is it "Al Nasser Salah Ad-Din," by any chance? It was made in 1963, and it seems like the one my husband showed me a clip of was made around that time.

ETA: I found it referenced also as "The Victorious Saladin."

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

Timeline
Hey MENA movie peeps!

Haven't been able to ask my husband yet, but is it "Al Nasser Salah Ad-Din," by any chance? It was made in 1963, and it seems like the one my husband showed me a clip of was made around that time.

ETA: I found it referenced also as "The Victorious Saladin."

My husband thinks you're looking for "Kingdom of Heaven." I didn't remember the focus of that movie being so much on Salahadin, but I don't think I really saw it. I think he watched it late one night and I fell asleep.

I'm the USC.

Timeline

Thanks for all the suggestions Caybee. Netflix doesn't seem to have any old movies on Salahadin and I do believe it's the old ones my husband is looking for.

I've seen Kingdom of Heaven and I liked it. I had suggested it to him, but he sort of turned up his nose. I think I'm going to put it in the queue anyway. I guarantee he'll end up watching it once it gets there.

Thanks for your help. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.