taj'samericanwife

lucky FEBRUARY 2009 FILERS

3,711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey i found out from some1 that there is a Petition Information Management System - which embassies and DOS use to correspond with each other - do any1 of you have any information about this?

Edited by FEISAL

N-400 Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was interesting but our cases are different i suppose

http://www.nafsa.org/_/Document/_/nafsa_do...sa_office_2.pdf

I only skimmed the first couple of pages but looks like it just refers to H visas

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I checked the AVR today... for the last time ever!

My file was sent to Montreal on June 26. Yay!

I had to call a second ago after I read what you wrote and look at that, they did actually change it to say when it was sent. I had never called back because I figured once it said the case was complete, they probably never changed the message. Aaahhhh, that was a nice phone call to make. The last one. Hallelujah! :yes:

YAAAY! My file was delivered this morning to Montreal around 9:30. I find it hilarious that one of the files that left NVC at the same time was delivered all the way to Korea before mine made it to Montreal. :)

Rehan - Yeah, the message changes, and then you can use the info in this thread to track your file. We really have no way of knowing for sure that our files were in those shipments, but it shows the list of packages being sent to the various embassies/consulates, so I guess we can assume! I choose to assume!

I'm super excited right now. I'm off work for (almost) A MONTH! I get to spend today lounging and doing laundry and packing up. I'm going to aim to hit the road on Wednesday (even though it means missing my last ever Canada Day actually IN CANADA) to drive to Oklahoma. I'm a little worried about my car, because it seems to make weird Chewbacca-like noises when I turn the wheel to the left after I've been driving for a while, so I'm having it checked out tomorrow. All I can do now is hope that it's easy to fix and not super expensive. Even if it is expensive, I'll deal with that since it needs to be done anyway, I just really hope it won't take a long time to fix. I don't want to delay my plans. I'd really like to get to Tulsa on Thursday night. I'm kinda not looking forward to driving for 25 hours, but it'll be worth it and I've done it before. I think I'll aim to go about 15 hours on Wednesday and 10 on Thursday. (I'm babbly again, but I don't care!)

I'm a little nervous about crossing the border. I think I have VERY strong proof that I'll be returning to Canada (letter from my employer stating I'll be back at work at the end of July, the invitation to my best friend's wedding, my visa interview appointment letter, etc.), but I'm still nervous that I'll get somebody in a crappy mood who doesn't want to listen to reason. I'm going to be careful to not bring too many things with me on my trip, but I do plan to bring a bunch of games and dvds with me, but no other real "household" stuff, so I hope I'll be okay. It's just nerve-wracking, because if I get denied at the border, it will pretty much ruin my entire month.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should go buy an FM transmitter for my ipod, or if I should just burn a whole bunch of cds. Hmm... I probably shouldn't spend the money, but the idea of burning a bunch of cds isn't all that appealing to me. I sold off most of my cds already, so I have to rely on all the music on my computer. Anyone have any suggestions for good driving music?

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Personally, I use an FM transmitter for my MP3. I've had two different ones and although they're not perfect (pick up radio station static), they're not too bad. Then again, I only drive 5 hours, not 25.

Don't worry about the border. I'm not sure where you're crossing, but my husband's never had anyone hassle him in Port Huron/Sarnia. They do ask him for his visa paperwork, but he always gives it to them and that's that. They've never asked for an employment letter, household ties (mortgage proof) or any of that even though he carries it all with him. Since you have your interview letter now, that's as good as gold. You won't have any issues at all. :)

Hope all is good with the car!

So I could not wait until Wednesday like I said I would, I caved and called NVC today.

They said I am definitely not getting a July interview :(

Said they schedule interview every second week of the month (sound familiar ? :)) and they will contact me via e-mail to notify me of the date, so we'll see what happens ...

Holiday, so you will live in OK when you move here, or...?

You'll be in neighborhood then, we can go party sometime without the rest of these b1tches! :P

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

So I could not wait until Wednesday like I said I would, I caved and called NVC today.

Said they schedule interview every second week of the month (sound familiar ? :)) and they will contact me via e-mail to notify me of the date, so we'll see what happens ...

You'll be in neighborhood then, we can go party sometime without the rest of these b1tches! :P

I've been getting that message since 15th.

You dang well better wait for me #######!

Edited by WhidbeyGirl

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Personally, I use an FM transmitter for my MP3. I've had two different ones and although they're not perfect (pick up radio station static), they're not too bad. Then again, I only drive 5 hours, not 25.

Don't worry about the border. I'm not sure where you're crossing, but my husband's never had anyone hassle him in Port Huron/Sarnia. They do ask him for his visa paperwork, but he always gives it to them and that's that. They've never asked for an employment letter, household ties (mortgage proof) or any of that even though he carries it all with him. Since you have your interview letter now, that's as good as gold. You won't have any issues at all. :)

Hope all is good with the car!

Thank you for the encouragement! I need common sense thinking like that right now. I'm just a worrier. I'm going to go through the Alexandria Bay POE because it's only an hour or so from where I live. I'm just realllllly hoping that I don't catch someone on a bad day, like where they wouldn't want to see the difference between "intend to immigrate EVENTUALLY" and "intent to immigrate IMMEDIATELY". Because I'd have to be the dumbest person in the world to spend $1000+ and 4+ months doing this the legal way, only to stay and spend another $1500+ and a few months to adjust status when my interview is in a month and a half.

On another note, I went to the grocery store to buy some snacks etc. for my trip, along with some stuff to make sandwiches... and it occurred to me right when I got home that I'm not allowed to bring meat across the border, so it looks like I'll be eating a whole lot of turkey sandwiches between now and Wednesday! Oops!

Oh yeah, I'll be living in Tulsa. It's kinda a neat city, I think. You are in... let's see... Dallas? Oooh I like Dallas! We can totally party it up. Heck yeah! My husband and I often go there when I visit for hockey games and concerts and such.

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

Hey, I can be in OK in about 12 hours so count me in! :thumbs:

WHOOO!!! Party at my place! Hehe

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

Hell no we ain't gonna party in Tulsa, I meant for you to come to the big D and live it up here!

Tulsa .... tsk tsk :P

Ok ladies, first I was joking but now I am kinda thinking let's get together for real. You wanna? I wanna meet you crazy as* women and we could even bring the poor suckers who married us along with us !

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Hell no we ain't gonna party in Tulsa, I meant for you to come to the big D and live it up here!

Ok ladies, first I was joking but now I am kinda thinking let's get together for real. You wanna? I wanna meet you crazy as* women and we could even bring the poor suckers who married us along with us !

I'd be up for that! I think it would be neat!

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

I'd be up for that! I think it would be neat!

The Crystal Chandelier in a Dallas suburb it is!

I'll have to remember where it is....... oh too many drinks that last time.

Edited by WhidbeyGirl

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.