taj'samericanwife

lucky FEBRUARY 2009 FILERS

3,711 posts in this topic

Starting to stress over next interview and what they are going to ask me. Someone on the Sub-Saharan forum said they could ask me about his family. I know EXTREME basics about his family - parents deceased, 4 sisters, 1 brother they all grew up in a villiage that I cannot pronounce outside of Lagos. She mentioned they may ask where siblings work, their schedules, etc ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is SO SO SO SO NOT GOOD!!!!!! I was in a terrible car accident 13 years ago and had a brain injury. I've made a lot of gains in my past memories but trying to learn new things - like peoples name in a foreign language - just doesn't happen!! All my previous skills, with the exception of nearly photographic memory, are pretty much back to normal. What the heck am I gonna do - think I can bring a cheat sheet???????????

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Starting to stress over next interview and what they are going to ask me. Someone on the Sub-Saharan forum said they could ask me about his family. I know EXTREME basics about his family - parents deceased, 4 sisters, 1 brother they all grew up in a villiage that I cannot pronounce outside of Lagos. She mentioned they may ask where siblings work, their schedules, etc ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is SO SO SO SO NOT GOOD!!!!!! I was in a terrible car accident 13 years ago and had a brain injury. I've made a lot of gains in my past memories but trying to learn new things - like peoples name in a foreign language - just doesn't happen!! All my previous skills, with the exception of nearly photographic memory, are pretty much back to normal. What the heck am I gonna do - think I can bring a cheat sheet???????????

If I brought a cheat sheet I would only use it while I was waiting at the consulate. I think they might find that problematic. I guess it can vary from embassy to embassy but I think it is crazy to ask you things like that Linda.

Betsy El Sum

Needed stress relief so worked on numbers :)

I went through all the stats and found more FFFF's!!! We are up to 60!

Here's the breakdown:

20 Visa's in Hand

2 Approved but no visa's yet (or not reported yet)

10 Completed Interviews but not approved yet (or not reported yet)

10 Interviews scheduled for September

8 Completed NVC waiting for interviews

10 Waiting on NVC Completion

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

I can't imagine what it's like or how frustrating it must be to recover after a brain injury and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I'd recommend quizzing each other on all of the little details about your lives. Heck, use flash cards if you have to. Or write things down over and over and over. It may work, or it may not, but you could give it a shot. I know that's not the most fun way to spend your time with your husband, but it might make you feel better to try. And if it doesn't work and you can't remember details, try not to freak out. You have no idea what they're going to ask and you have no control over that. All you can do is your best.

Even if you can't remember details, you can convince the interviewer of the validity of your relationship in other ways. The interviewers have to be trained to read people, right? I bet they'll be paying attention to your behaviour as well as your words. They probably get cues from things like the way you and your husband interact with each other, the way you look at each other, and even your body language. And that kind of "proof" will come naturally to you guys.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

I can't imagine what it's like or how frustrating it must be to recover after a brain injury and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I'd recommend quizzing each other on all of the little details about your lives. Heck, use flash cards if you have to. Or write things down over and over and over. It may work, or it may not, but you could give it a shot. I know that's not the most fun way to spend your time with your husband, but it might make you feel better to try. And if it doesn't work and you can't remember details, try not to freak out. You have no idea what they're going to ask and you have no control over that. All you can do is your best.

Even if you can't remember details, you can convince the interviewer of the validity of your relationship in other ways. The interviewers have to be trained to read people, right? I bet they'll be paying attention to your behaviour as well as your words. They probably get cues from things like the way you and your husband interact with each other, the way you look at each other, and even your body language. And that kind of "proof" will come naturally to you guys.

I agree :thumbs:

Kenan and I are that annoying couple that always holds hands and we are looking at each other smiling all the freaking time, I don't know when we turned into those cheesy people but we did. The thing that we love about us is that we joke so much, I mean we are always at it to outwit one another with sarcastic remarks or covert naughty jokes, and when we are together we are laughing all the time and cracking jokes. It's OUR thing...

So while we were waiting we had to shush each other a lot of times because we were laughing so much, to the point where we were obnoxious to other people around us and were afraid they may think we are childish and not serious about this thing called visa interview. But that's us...

So, while we were waiting in the lobby the security guards, the Bosnian lady that checked us in, and the consul himself passed couple of times and smiled at us when they saw us laughing and holding hands... When the lady was taking Kenan's fingerprints, she said I am sorry but you will have to let go off his hand for a brief moment, can you do that? and she laughed. I was like oh I am so sorry, and as soon as she took prints from his left hand, I grabbed it right back :)

The next day, Kenan could not find parking spot and we were running late to pick up the visa, they were about to close, so I ran in to get it, and of course they would not let me have it without his documents, but then a guard that was there the previous day showed up and he told the other one oh let her in, they're the happy ones from yesterday :) Then he paged someone to bring the visa to me as I was waiting at the check in point and again over the phone he told them "I got here a lady from yesterday to pick up her visa, the happy couple from yesterday" :)

So, people around the embassy WILL look at you and observe how you are interacting, and I think that can make or break one's case as much as anything else, if not more ...

As we were leaving happy with the approval, we kissed right then and there, I didn't care who was watching at that point :) And the guards were like hey hey enough of that, get out:) We appologized, so we get out of the waiting room, exit and kiss right outside again, and there was a small widow at the check out point right next to the exit door and they were yelling through the window hey there are cameras here you know !, so Kenan and I turn around to them and said at the same time "Can we get a copy of that tape?!" :lol: We were just our silly selves when we are together the whole time. Well, maybe we turned it down but juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a tiny notch.

Linda, just look like you love him and I am sure you do, and you guys will be fine!

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Thank you all so much. I know I'm probably stressin for no reason. God is in control. I like the flash card idea and writing down, I'll try those. Before my accident I never had to do things like... study - so these are all new to me.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! I always speak too darn soon! It's Sept. 1st today............not the 15th, (had to remind myself of that lol). Interview scheduled for October 16th at 8:00am at ISL embassy and case forwarded to ISLAMABAD embassy(so it says in the interview cover letter pdf they emailed me and the hubs)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHHHHHH BABYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the Almighty!Thank Allah!Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll call the embassy to see if I can get them to squeeze me in any sooner!! I'll have to call later though....as it's 6:30 am right now.......maybe in an hour or so, give them time to drink their coffee's (or more so Chai's...lol) and freshen up. Oh god I really hope they can still give us a September interview!!!That would be the best...that way I can travel and no airlines will have any issues with my pregnant self flying. Even then it would be a close cut......but still!I would get to be with my Haseeb! And that's the WORLD TO ME!!! INSHALLAH!

Edited by MumtazG38

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Thank you all so much. I know I'm probably stressin for no reason. God is in control. I like the flash card idea and writing down, I'll try those. Before my accident I never had to do things like... study - so these are all new to me.

Good luck with the "studying!" I hope it will help with the stress a bit. Studying can be fun! Think like in the movie Billy Madison. Heheh.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! I always speak too darn soon! It's Sept. 1st today............not the 15th, (had to remind myself of that lol). Interview scheduled for October 16th at 8:00am at ISL embassy and case forwarded to ISLAMABAD embassy(so it says in the interview cover letter pdf they emailed me and the hubs)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHHHHHH BABYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the Almighty!Thank Allah!Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll call the embassy to see if I can get them to squeeze me in any sooner!! I'll have to call later though....as it's 6:30 am right now.......maybe in an hour or so, give them time to drink their coffee's (or more so Chai's...lol) and freshen up. Oh god I really hope they can still give us a September interview!!!That would be the best...that way I can travel and no airlines will have any issues with my pregnant self flying. Even then it would be a close cut......but still!I would get to be with my Haseeb! And that's the WORLD TO ME!!! INSHALLAH!

Awesome news! (Why are you up at 6:30am?!?!) Good luck getting your interview date switched. Hopefully the folks at the Embassy will be accommodating for you. :)

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

Timeline

Thanks Holliday. :D

I'm having some trouble with tracking my package with DHL............when I put in the info to track it by reference it says "No shipments found. Please revise your criteria".

for the reference: EXP 01 SEP 2009A (date written on the pdf interview cover letter.....not so sure if this is the date they forwarded the package though because the avr still is repeating the same case completed message...nothing about forwarding. But this is the date written on the pdf stating they forwarded it to isl embassy today...)

For shipment pickup date range: From: Aug 18 2009 To Sep 1 2009....

.......???

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Try using August 31st as the shipment date? It may work. Otherwise, try again tomorrow using both dates and then maybe change the "shipment pick up date" to Sept. 2nd.

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

Timeline

Well....I did as you said and tracked August 31's and found just one package to Islamabad....the details are below:

Tracking history...

Date and time Status Location Service Area

9/1/2009 7:00 pm Processed at DHL Location. Boston, MA

6:55 pm In transit. Boston, MA

2:53 pm Shipment picked up Londonderry, NH

Shipment details...

Shipment information

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

To:

Islamabad, Pakistan

Ship date: 9/1/2009

Pieces: 1

Total weight: 1.0 lbs Note on weight

Shipment reference: EXP 31 AUG 2009A

Service: Next DayMore info

Description: EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (doc)

Could this be mine???

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

It could be! There is no way to know for sure, but you could just assume! Heheh. That's what I did.

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

Timeline

lol....then that's what I'll do to. Well, at least until the avr doesn't tell me different......and if it does I'll do the search again and then decide whether I want to change my mind or not...hehe.

Thanks a bunch Holli! :D

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Congrats Mumtaz!!!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Timeline
^_^ Thanks Whidbey!

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.