taj'samericanwife

lucky FEBRUARY 2009 FILERS

3,711 posts in this topic

Interview is over and the result..... I don't know.

No pink, but no blue either. Didn't take his passport, but did return original marriage certificate.

What does this mean? Does it mean that we are on AP? What do I do now? I sent an email to the consulate, they have been really good about returning my emails within 24 hours.

More waiting....................

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More detail....

Hew was asked:

My name: Correct

My employer: Correct

When we met: Correct

Where I worked when me met: Incorrect

Can I see wedding pics: Looked at them and gave them back.

The issue was I worked for Company A from Jan 2002-April 2007 and then I started working with them again in December 2008 and still work for them. He messed up the date and thought I worked there until April 2008 so it would mean that I was working for them when we met.

The man (who didn't give his name) told SO he had paperwork to complete and then he would call him. SO asked if he should sit and wait and the man said, "No you are free to leave."

SO said the man was not friendly at all and asked questions very fast. When SO answered incorrectly, he said, "At the same place?" and SO said, "Yes she worked there and was terminated when she was visiting and we got married." I worked at Company B and was terminated from that company when I was visiting, I started working for Company A a few weeks after I returned home.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

More detail....

Hew was asked:

My name: Correct

My employer: Correct

When we met: Correct

Where I worked when me met: Incorrect

Can I see wedding pics: Looked at them and gave them back.

The issue was I worked for Company A from Jan 2002-April 2007 and then I started working with them again in December 2008 and still work for them. He messed up the date and thought I worked there until April 2008 so it would mean that I was working for them when we met.

The man (who didn't give his name) told SO he had paperwork to complete and then he would call him. SO asked if he should sit and wait and the man said, "No you are free to leave."

SO said the man was not friendly at all and asked questions very fast. When SO answered incorrectly, he said, "At the same place?" and SO said, "Yes she worked there and was terminated when she was visiting and we got married." I worked at Company B and was terminated from that company when I was visiting, I started working for Company A a few weeks after I returned home.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I'm sure this is just a short delay, not anything to worry about. Sounds like your husbands interviewer was quite intimidating and trying to trip him up. I imagine they have more than enough detail on file to realise your case is bona fide.

I'm sure you'll get some good news very soon.

Take care.

ROC Journey
08-17-11......ROC Package mailed to VSC. I can't believe 2 years have passed by already!!
08-20-11......Package received at VSC, signed for by D. Reynaud.
08-24-11......Check cashed
08-26-11......NOA1 received, dated 8/22/11
08-10-11......Biometrics notification - appointment on 09-21-2011
09-21-11......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
06-06-12......I-751 Approved AT LAST!!!
06-18-12......10 Year green card arrived.
Citizenship Journey
07-16-12......N400 Application mailed (Lewisville).
07-25-12......Check cashed and acceptance text received.
08-10-12......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
09-01-12......Interview letter received.
10-05-12......Interview scheduled in Norfolk VA.

04-25-13......Oath Ceremony - Roanoke, VA - US Citizen at last!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ahhhh Linda I will pray that it is ok. Hopefully you will hear something from the Embassy. I think maybe that is a tough consulate. Cairo is much the same. Sorry you don't have happier news :crying:

Betsy El Sum

So, 2 1/2 hours after SO called me he called again and told me he would scan what they gave him. I was like, "You didn't tell me they gave you something!!!" I think he was so upset because we were certain he would be approved he just wasn't thinking to tell me about the letter he received. So this is what it says:

In order to proceed with your application for a U.S. visa, this office must confirm your eligibility for that visa. We will contact you if we need additional information from you regarding your relationship or if we need to conduct an additional interview. Until we have completed this verification process, we cannot move forward with your visa application.

My reading of that says we are in AP - correct?

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have zero knowledge of AP (and I hope I never do), but from what I've read that others have posted, that's what it sounds like to me. Hmm. I would think it will be a short wait in your case though. I can't imagine they would hold things up because he wasn't sure of the date you worked somewhere. That's crazy. Hell, my husband would fail instantly if he had to answer something like that. Good thing I've worked at the same place for 18 years. lol Hang in there girl. I'm sure you're going nuts right now, but hopefully the wait isn't too long and you'll hear something from them quickly. (F)

If you are indeed in AP, I hope things will get resolved ASAP.

The fact that the CO didn't deny the visa, they most probably just need to double check your documents. I'm hoping and praying that you guys will hear back from the Embassy and be out of the AP soon.

This is just minor setback. Hang in there...

USCIS CR-1 VISA

02/05/2009 - I-130 Sent

06/08/2009 - Interview -- VISA APPROVED

06/18/2009 - POE (SF, CA)

USCIS REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (California Service Center)

03/30/2011 - I-751 Sent

03/31/2011 - NOA1

04/04/2011 - Checked Cashed

04/06/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

05/04/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

06/13/2011 - 10-YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

06/15/2011 - Received Approval Letter

06/17/2011 - RECEIVED NEW GREEN CARD

Got this email just a few minutes ago.

"We are doing research on his case. We do not know when we will be finished with our research. We have noted your phone number and email and will certainly contact you if you are needed. "

Check out the video in my signature. God put this song on my heart for the last two weeks - now I know why.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Got this email just a few minutes ago.

"We are doing research on his case. We do not know when we will be finished with our research. We have noted your phone number and email and will certainly contact you if you are needed. "

Check out the video in my signature. God put this song on my heart for the last two weeks - now I know why.

We'll be praying for you and your husband and a for fast resolution and all this. I wish you the best of lucks

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Whidbey, I'm so sorry to hear about the AP. :( I really hope they finish it up quickly for you guys.

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed the time with the husband and the Oklahoma heat! lol Yeah, my husband said it was pretty dumb too. I guess that's why they make you sign a form saying this does not take place of an annual physical. :P Wow, two weeks from today we'll be doing our thing. Ready?

I certainly did enjoy my time, but I DID NOT enjoy the heat! To be honest, I spent most of the time (while my husband was at work) playing video games and watching Law & Order SVU marathons on the USA network. It was awesome.

I can't believe the interview is coming up in less than 2 weeks now! But to be honest, each day feels like 2 weeks to me right now. Heh. I finally booked my hotel! I'll be staying at one of the Holiday Inns within walking distance of the Consulate. Oh yeah, and I took a walk over to the Consulate before my medical, so I know where we'll have to go! I don't know that area very well at all (actually, I don't know any area of Montreal very well), but it looks like we'll have lots of options for dinner on Tuesday night.

Anyway, I hope I'm ready for the interview! I finally have a day off on Saturday, so I plan to spend some time getting everything ready. Are you guys all set? I have no idea what to bring with me! I have a folder that contains copies of everything that has been submitted in this process thus far, so I'll be bringing that, but I'm not sure how much other "evidence" I should bring along. I guess I still need to pick up one of those Expresspost pre-paid envelope dealies. Did you find it odd that there was no mention of that at all in the interview letter?

Say congratulations to Carlo on his permit, Carlish!

Holiday, nice to see you again. I was in your neck of the woods the other day (OKlahoma, that is), loved the Texoma lake!

W, you and your hubs are in my prayers. Hope everything goes well with his interview :thumbs:

I am leaving tomorrow morning, probably won't be sleeping tonight :)

I'll stay in touch as I'm taking my laptop with me. I'll make sure to update you guys with our good news next Tuesday!

Y'all better miss me :lol:

THEY HAVE LAKES IN OKLAHOMA?!?! Go figure! (Kidding. Kinda. Ugh.)

Hope you had an uneventful flight, and good luck on Tuesday! Keep us posted!

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering...

I have filled out all docs etc, etc, and am approved. Just waiting in the interview to be scheduled.

Trying to have everything in order for my wife and kids when they go for the interview.

I have see in a few posts where the interviewer has asked to see tax forms/tax transcripts from USC.

Should I be sending copies to my wife, would she need them?

We have the RFE to take (Kids exempt AOS form)

Passport photos

EMails

Marriage Photos, and additional family photos (only a handful)

What else should I have prepared, I would like for this to be as painless as possible for my wife.

ek

----------

Petition for Wife and our 3 kids. IR1 & IR2s

NVC Journey

April 22nd, 2009 - Received NVC Packages for all 4 Petition w/Case Numbers

April 22nd, 2009 - DS-3032 and AOS bill received in package

April 24th, 2009 - DS-3032 sent via email

April 24th, 2009 - AOS bill paid online

May 2009 - DS-3032 accepted

May 2009 - IV Fee Generated

May 26th, 2009 - Paid IV Fee Online

May 27th, 2009 - Shows Paid

May 28th, 2009 - IV Package Sent

June 1st, 2009 - Shows Delivered

June 15th, 2009 - Received RFE? for not submitting AOS

June 18th, 2009 - AOS Package sent

June 22nd, 2009 - Delivered 11:42 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

June 22nd, 2009 - Request for expedite submitted

June 24th, 2009 - Checklist received (AOS package)

July 7th, 2009 - Wife's Case Complete

July 7th, 2009 - RFE for kids cases

July 7th, 2009 - Overnight 864w to NVC for kids cases

July 10th, 2009 - Received package

July 14th, 2009 - NVC automated system show checklist letter received for kids cases

July 21st, 2009 - as per NVC request second email sent requesting expedite of interview

July 24st, 2009 - NVC cases show complete

November 23rd, 2009 - Medicals in Toronto

November 26th, 2009 - Medical packages received

November 2nd, 2009 - Interviews are scheduled for 12/18/2009

December 18th, 2009 - Approved and Visas in Hand

December 21st, 2009 - POE... Windsor/Detroit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi all!

Hope you are doing fine! Carlish, Thanks for reply!!

I wanted to ask you something and would apperciate if you can help me in this thing. My cousin's wife had an IV interview last week and she just got a visa in Pakistan. She is travelling here on this weekend, but she says that they never asked her to sign DS-230 part 2. My cousin is getting worried that it may be a problem at POE. What do you think about this?? Has this happen to anyone here?? Please Reply!! And we have an interview on 13, so please pray for us! Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Whidbey, I'm so sorry to hear about the AP. :( I really hope they finish it up quickly for you guys.

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed the time with the husband and the Oklahoma heat! lol Yeah, my husband said it was pretty dumb too. I guess that's why they make you sign a form saying this does not take place of an annual physical. :P Wow, two weeks from today we'll be doing our thing. Ready?

I certainly did enjoy my time, but I DID NOT enjoy the heat! To be honest, I spent most of the time (while my husband was at work) playing video games and watching Law & Order SVU marathons on the USA network. It was awesome.

I can't believe the interview is coming up in less than 2 weeks now! But to be honest, each day feels like 2 weeks to me right now. Heh. I finally booked my hotel! I'll be staying at one of the Holiday Inns within walking distance of the Consulate. Oh yeah, and I took a walk over to the Consulate before my medical, so I know where we'll have to go! I don't know that area very well at all (actually, I don't know any area of Montreal very well), but it looks like we'll have lots of options for dinner on Tuesday night.

Anyway, I hope I'm ready for the interview! I finally have a day off on Saturday, so I plan to spend some time getting everything ready. Are you guys all set? I have no idea what to bring with me! I have a folder that contains copies of everything that has been submitted in this process thus far, so I'll be bringing that, but I'm not sure how much other "evidence" I should bring along. I guess I still need to pick up one of those Expresspost pre-paid envelope dealies. Did you find it odd that there was no mention of that at all in the interview letter?

Say congratulations to Carlo on his permit, Carlish!

Holiday, nice to see you again. I was in your neck of the woods the other day (OKlahoma, that is), loved the Texoma lake!

W, you and your hubs are in my prayers. Hope everything goes well with his interview :thumbs:

I am leaving tomorrow morning, probably won't be sleeping tonight :)

I'll stay in touch as I'm taking my laptop with me. I'll make sure to update you guys with our good news next Tuesday!

Y'all better miss me :lol:

THEY HAVE LAKES IN OKLAHOMA?!?! Go figure! (Kidding. Kinda. Ugh.)

Hope you had an uneventful flight, and good luck on Tuesday! Keep us posted!

I do not envy the heat you will be moving to. Blah. :wacko: That's cool that you enjoyed your time there though - a nice glance at real life in the near future. Glad to hear there's a lot in the consulate area for dinner options. Did you decide if a relative or friend is coming with you or did you decide to fly solo?

Honestly, we're not bringing a lot. We're bringing copies of everything that's been filed from BCs to taxes, etc. Other than that, we're just bringing some wedding pics, which I doubt they'll ask for, and I'm going to throw in my property tax bill to show I own my own home just in case. Other than that, just the medical stuff, the interview letter and the pre-paid envelope. It's funny you said that about the envelope because we said the same thing. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.