Ahmed N Cheryl

What are you getting your Mena Man for Valentine's Day???

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Thank you for taking the time to put me down and criticize me sister. Very kind of you, and shows the all encompassing love that you speak of.

I merely wanted to point out, for those sisters who might not know, that it wasn't a holiday that is celebrated in Islam. If I had made some big long post, guess what? I would have been criticized for that as well.

I wasn't trying to give a lecture, and I wasn't trying to say I'm better than anyone here, only give some information that might help some people understand that it wasn't an Islamic holiday.

It seems a waste of time here.

I'm sorry I bothered.

I wasn't critizing you. Wallahe. I was showing why to those that don't know...no more...but at the same time I'm questioning it at the same time...if you read all that I wrote. If we celebrate everyday...isn't Feb. 14th one of these "everydays"? Everyone has the right to post their thoughts. I by no means, am better than anyone if thats what you're trying to say about my post. Please don't assume my message was meant in mean way. I could say the same thing...thanks for thinking poorly of me but I think you just misunderstood what I posted.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Thank you for taking the time to put me down and criticize me sister. Very kind of you, and shows the all encompassing love that you speak of.

I merely wanted to point out, for those sisters who might not know, that it wasn't a holiday that is celebrated in Islam. If I had made some big long post, guess what? I would have been criticized for that as well.

I wasn't trying to give a lecture, and I wasn't trying to say I'm better than anyone here, only give some information that might help some people understand that it wasn't an Islamic holiday.

I'm sorry I bothered.

I wasn't critizing you. Wallahe. I was showing why to those that don't know...no more...but at the same time I'm questioning it at the same time...if you read all that I wrote. If we celebrate everyday...isn't Feb. 14th one of these "everydays"? Everyone has the right to post their thoughts. I by no means, am better than anyone if thats what you're trying to say about my post. Please don't assume my message was meant in mean way. I could say the same thing...thanks for thinking poorly of me but I think you just misunderstood what I posted.

Edited to add...I was not sarcastic w/ you at any point...your response was extremely sarcastic. I will work on my encompassing love (that I quoted not spoke of)...thanks for pointing that out. (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry I bothered.

Your post totally confuses me. Who criticized you? And in what way? Nor did anyone suggest you were lecturing or that you claim to be better than anyone. Please explain because I didn't see it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry I bothered.

Your post totally confuses me. Who criticized you? And in what way? Nor did anyone suggest you were lecturing or that you claim to be better than anyone. Please explain because I didn't see it.

:wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning everyone!!!

Thank you all for sharing your plans....It has been interesting to see how each of us will celebrate Valentine's Day.

I consider my self very lucky to know you all. (F)

Take Care and have a blessed and Happy Life.

Cheryl

I guess I am not the romantic type because I am going to get my hair done that day. Hey....valentines can be any day if you want, but to schedule that great stylist isn't that easy. :thumbs:

:dance: Sounds good to me! I swear I think it should be about "loving YOU too" :P Hair, nails, toes and massages...I'm all for it! SPA DAY PLZZZ!!! :dance:

Now I could go for that...especially a pedicure and massage. :thumbs:

Nice.... now Ive always wondered about this. How much does it cost for manicure and pedicure and massage in the US?

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would hate to think that Christians or Muslims or any other religion for that matter would only celebrate love for their spouse only on Feb 14th. All of us love daily. (L) I dont personally tell my husband I love him more on VDay then I would on any other day of the year. If people want to go have dinner, buy flowers for their wifes or a gift for a spouse, then its just another way to show their love I dont see it as celebrating a christian holiday. Matter of fact, Valentines Day isnt even a true Christian holiday. No where in the Bible were we ever instructed to celebrate this particular day. Husbands were commanded to love their wife as Christ loves His bride (the church) -which would be all the time.

Anways, keep loving and keep showing it to our spouses, forever (F)(L)

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
I guess I am not the romantic type because I am going to get my hair done that day. Hey....valentines can be any day if you want, but to schedule that great stylist isn't that easy. :thumbs:

:dance: Sounds good to me! I swear I think it should be about "loving YOU too" :P Hair, nails, toes and massages...I'm all for it! SPA DAY PLZZZ!!! :dance:

Nice.... now Ive always wondered about this. How much does it cost for manicure and pedicure and massage in the US?

Depends on where you are....here in Alabama I can get both a pedicure and manicure for $45. I am not sure how much a massage is here but would love to find out. :P

Depends on where you are....here in Alabama I can get both a pedicure and manicure for $45. I am not sure how much a massage is here but would love to find out. :P

Hi Cheryl.. I will be in Iowa City... The mani+pedi seem comparable, altho for us that will include a foot scrub and moisturising not just a basic one at that price. I think I better get one last massage over here in Malaysia before I leave then.. hehehe... Oh my, I will definitely miss being able to afford to pamper myself...

.png

Timeline
oh my gosh!!! Where I go for a deluxe pedi/mani and a 10 minute neck massage is only $35! I absolutely am sold out on going there! :star:

Wow that a good deal......If it wasn't a three hour drive I would go there :P It is $35 here in alot of places but the one I choose to go to is a bit fancier than the others and they provide free drinks (coffee, Soda, Juice or water) it also includes a nice leg massage with your pedicure and a hand massage with your manicure.

oh my gosh!!! Where I go for a deluxe pedi/mani and a 10 minute neck massage is only $35! I absolutely am sold out on going there! :star:

Wow that a good deal......If it wasn't a three hour drive I would go there :P It is $35 here in alot of places but the one I choose to go to is a bit fancier than the others and they provide free drinks (coffee, Soda, Juice or water) it also includes a nice leg massage with your pedicure and a hand massage with your manicure.

Ohhh thats nice :thumbs:

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

that $35 price is included with the leg and hand/arm, neck massage. Just minus the drinks.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh man, if i wanted a decent masssage, mani and pedi it would be close to $200 here....

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.