Ahmed N Cheryl

What are you getting your Mena Man for Valentine's Day???

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Waleed was telling me one year that Egypt has it's own Valentine's Day like it has it's own Christmas but V-day there is in November or something. Anyways yeah he never really thinks about it and neither do I until I start seeing the red hearts everywhere.

I think anniversaries are different though. Ppl should celebrate their relationship on their anniversaries at least. It seems more meaningful to me.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hassan always gives me perfume, lingerie, and a card. I usually get him a card and something I know he wants. This year I'm going to surprise him by making him b'stilla. He loves it, doesn't know I can make it and he has everything.

Deb

depending on my financial situation, which should be looking up :thumbs:

i dont know

he is hard to buy for

we had an anniversary and again, neither of us could afford to really buy gifts

this year we were together and that is all that mattered, we went to the auto show for this 2nd anniversary

for valentine's day

I would like us to go to dinner...but friday, I have plans with my daughter, sat/sun he is working 12p-12a

any suggestions would be nice...maybe a movie? he doesnt care for movies

i dunno

i told him i would buy him a mutli effect machine with our refund so that he could make his own songs and stuff

i think that is a big gift....that is not cheap either.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My hubby is still in Tunisia as we haven't received the NOA2 yet but I sent him a package this past Monday of Valentines treats, cards and balloons. Also included individual boxed candy for his parents & siblings too.

He's not big into this kind of holidays, infact never celebrated it until he met me. Luckily for me, he considers any gesture sweet & really appreciates it.

Next years Valentines will really be a special celebration just because he'll be here ! (L)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband is wanting a Blackberry Storm. He might just get it ;)

Great present crazyinEgypt but a little pricey for me :blush: We are on a budget since my daughter is in college and taking all our money these days.......lol

Yea, we're on a budget too, but I feel the need to go outside the box for him for once. Besides maybe I can play with it B)

Timeline

Hmm not sure really, usually I cook a nice romantic dinner with candles etc... but this year I'm not sure since he'll be working most of the day. Might have to just make a cute card for his lunch box or something.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Again we're grinches. We don't celebrate v-day. However, I do take advantage of the sales, and stock up on lovey-dovey presents for other parts of the year :luv:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband is wanting a Blackberry Storm. He might just get it ;)

Great present crazyinEgypt but a little pricey for me :blush: We are on a budget since my daughter is in college and taking all our money these days.......lol

have him try the storm out first i was really dissapointed with the connecting time when switching between applications.... I am personally getting myself the new BB 8900 not a touch but Waaaaaaay faster.

Valentines day??? well hubby just got here and hate to make him feel bad about not having a job yet so will have to think on that a little bit.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I think I have decided to just do the Arabic Valentine's Party with Arabic Band also and just stick to that. He will love it and it is $50 for the both of us plus the drive is 3 hours so gotta budget for the gas :P I have already gotten his card.

Thanks for all the input....I have enjoyed reading them. :energy:

Ahmed told me Egypt had two Valentine Days...but he also said the girls always bought for the guys and the guys did not buy for the girls. Sounds Fishy :devil:

I am sorry Tasha that Ayman won't be back for Valentine's...but you have that handsome baby Malek to keep you company :D

Timeline
Again we're grinches. We don't celebrate v-day. However, I do take advantage of the sales, and stock up on lovey-dovey presents for other parts of the year :luv:

I DO THE SAME THING!!! Gotta love target after holiday sales!

Rajaa: Your Pic at Alkai beach - that's where my sister got married!!!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline

I'm thinking...a baby free night is a good Valentine's gift...:lol: He can take care of the rest :P (of course I will get a card...maybe cook too hehe)

Rajaa...I was thinking about the STORM but now I have been playing around w/ my cousins iPhone and I'm in LOVE. I might have to leave poor tmobile and jump on over to AT&T. Their plans and deals are so much better now that I'm looking around. Tell tmobile to get their act together :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The best time is the day after. I go to our grocery store, Save Mart and Longs Drugs where they always over stock and then reduce by 50 percent or more.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hassan always gives me perfume, lingerie, and a card. I usually get him a card and something I know he wants. This year I'm going to surprise him by making him b'stilla. He loves it, doesn't know I can make it and he has everything.

Deb

OMG!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE b'stilla! Let me know when to be over! I'll just take my plate and go so as not to mess up the romance! :whistle:

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ummmmm, I'm giving him a baby. :rofl:

Actually probably a card and a nice homemade meal...maybe I'll even make his very favorite chocolate cake. (which is my fav, too) :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.