45 posts in this topic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh Amal....I don't know if I should laugh or cry with you. :blink:

One day....long from now....this is going to be one of those priceless memories. Much like when I was in Morocco, getting approvals for our wedding, and a huge bird pooped in my hair. :rofl:

It wasn't funny that day, but now we laugh hysterically over it.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ohhh Amal, you really have had a time!! Geez when it rains it pours!!

I would say just look at it as an adventure, but I know you will hit me!!! :bonk::bonk:

Just take care hon and know we are thinking of you and praying NOTHING else will happen.

Many hugs for you sweetie. Take care.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Lol, I already look at it and laugh although I think it is more to not cry than anything. I find it quite humorous that the problems aren't stopping because this has been my life from day 1. It's always something with me so I was really hoping that it would stop and always be nothing for a while, ya know. Sometimes a girl needs a break. *sigh* Nagi and fellow smoke room bandits... you're all welcome to my porch any time! (which by the way the wood is no good and has to be replaced...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

(((hugz and positive vibes headed your way)))

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Amal, hon I thought only my life was like this. It was very uneventful until I lived in Italy. My life changed and to this day no one believes why when I tell them the story.

I lived in a small village next to the Dolomites. About a mile from my home was a gorge. At times gypsies (yes true gypsies) would camp there on their way from village to village. One day a couple gypsies came by and wanted to sell me a rug. I politely refused and all of a sudden they were screaming and yelling and doing all sorts of things with their hands. I just didn't know what to think of what I was seeing. My Italian neighbor came out to see what the fuss was about. She told them to leave and not come back to our village. Then she told me what they were doing. They were putting a HEX on me coz I wouldn't buy the rug nor give them any money.

At first I laughed and I just "knew" things like this didn't happen. But ohhhhh to my dismay my life changed. I do believe Murphy's Law was written with me in mind. If anything can, will, or in the future go wrong you can bet i'm at the center.

I have put up with my "hex" and I guess it just keeps reminding me that if it can go wrong it will, but it's fixable!!!! Life is really just an adventure.

Stay strong!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm here for ya girl if you need anything! I hope the burns feel better and you know the saying when it rains it pours. Hopefully everything else is smooth sailing from here on out.

What's with these darn houses huh? We have a freaking stopped up bathtub too. Piece of #######..dad thinks the darn roots have grown into the plumbing.

O M G AMAL! :unsure:

This just hasnt been your week. I dont know what to say :whistle:

I hope things start looking up but in the meantime for your hands...try strong ibuprofen and some triple antibiotic cream to slather on them.

whew....it is enough to make any crack...and snap...

HANG IN THERE GIRLFRIEND! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:blink: ####### was he using for drain cleaner? that stuff sounds heavy duty.

and i'm sharing your joy of house repairs, i've taken at least a week off while a crew redoes the backside of the house here. dayum crappy construction when the house was built. ^_^

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

thanks again everyone! We had a plumber out here and they found out that roots had made their way in. They cleaned out the mess, charged us over 400 dollars and went on their merry way. did I mention that the clean out pipe wasn't above ground (which is like never the case....except this house....that I bought.....ugg) so the camera search is what cost the most ......

We spent most of the afternoon sucking up the water from the bathrooms. got about 5 gallons or more (guestimating) .. I know there were at least 3 full buckets of water that we emptied from the water sucker thing...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.