3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

yahya54, KoshkaMoshka, bensherif,

KoshkaMoshka, AOS is different story.

When you file for AOS you have to do biometrics. USCIS sends biometrics to FBI.

For VAWA they don't require biometrics (or background check) because applicants are required to prove "good moral character" on their on. (for AOS good moral character is not required).

The security clearance is needed for the Senator Office, not for Vermont.

The security clearance is not FBI background check.

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

For VAWA they don't require biometrics (or background check) because applicants are required to prove "good moral character" on their on. (for AOS good moral character is not required).

dear ,i been on this things 4 years ,every petition whavere it is even EAD must go trought security clearance mean background check ,i got letters from USCIS AND HOMELAND SECURITY AND CAO customer assistance office saying same things read about this security clearance on google search and you gona know what hapened .you been trough backsground check befor you get aproved on i-360 .

dear ,i been on this things 4 years ,every petition whavere it is even EAD must go trought security clearance mean background check ,i got letters from USCIS AND HOMELAND SECURITY AND CAO customer assistance office saying same things read about this security clearance on google search and you gona know what hapened .you been trough backsground check befor you get aproved on i-360 .

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBURmqe5U4c

USCIS Changes Security Clearance Policy on Long-Pending Green Card Applications

Print PDF February 2008

As a result of federal litigation, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service ("USCIS") announced a change in their policy for long-pending I-485 ("Green Card") applications. Every I-485 applicant must clear an FBI fingerprint, FBI name check and Interagency Border Inspection Systems (IBIS) check. Previously, USCIS would not adjudicate a pending I-485 application until all three security checks have been cleared. Backlogs for FBI name check clearances have delayed thousands of intending immigrants from receiving their permanent resident status for months or even years. Now, USCIS will adjudicate a pending I-485 application if there is a visa number immediately available, the FBI fingerprint and IBIS security checks have cleared, and the FBI name check has been pending 180 days or more.

Please keep in mind that this policy change does not affect long-pending I-485 applications delayed by the retrogression of immigrant visa priority dates or lack of visa numbers. USCIS also retains the ability to rescind permanent residence or to place a permanent resident in removal proceedings if they subsequently fail the FBI name check after the I-485 application has been approved. USCIS expects to identify and adjudicate I-485 applications affected by this policy change within the next 30 days. We will be monitoring USCIS's progress in implementing this policy very closely to ensure our clients with long-pending FBI name checks have their I-485 files adjudicated in a timely manner.

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

Why is my case held for a security clearance? How long will the clearance take?

Each applicant is subject to security clearance. The security clearance is performed by various government agencies and their processing is beyond the control of the USCIS. As such, it is difficult to predict how long the security clearance will take. Once the security clearance is complete, the USCIS may then take action. Please review the USCIS Fact Sheet for further information regarding this issue.

Security clearance is a permission to obtain the information.

it is NOT a background check. Moreover, they don't do F.B.I. background check for VAWA, thats why they require to prove a good moral character.

AND, it was senator office who sent a letter about security clearance.. not USCIS.

bensherif, you information is 100% incorrect. Google it :)

sweet heart i did 4 years ago and learn much about it .

hi friends on the forum below security clearance mean background check .every aplicant ,any one who aply for binifits .any kind of petition or form .must go trough background check .for people got there aproval fast .there names not match any one on the fbi records .

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/se...hecks_42506.pdf

Press Office

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Fact Sheet

April 25, 2006

Immigration Security Checks—How and Why the Process Works

Background

All applicants for a U.S. immigration benefit are subject to criminal and national security background checks to ensure they are eligible for that benefit. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Federal agency that oversees immigration benefits, performs checks on every applicant, regardless of ethnicity, national origin or religion.

Since 2002, USCIS has increased the number and scope of relevant background checks, processing millions of security checks without incident. However, in some cases, USCIS customers and immigrant advocates have expressed frustration over delays in processing applications, noting that individual customers have waited a year or longer for the completion of their adjudication pending the outcome of security checks. While the percentage of applicants who find their cases delayed by pending background checks is relatively small, USCIS recognizes that for those affected individuals, the additional delay and uncertainty can cause great anxiety. Although USCIS cannot guarantee the prompt resolution of every case, we can assure the public that applicants are not singled out based on race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin.

USCIS strives to balance the need for timely, fair and accurate service with the need to ensure a high level of integrity in the decision-making process. This fact sheet outlines the framework of the immigration security check process, explaining its necessity, as well as factors contributing to delays in resolving pending cases.

Why USCIS Conducts Security Checks

USCIS conducts security checks for all cases involving a petition or application for an immigration service or benefit. This is done both to enhance national security and ensure the integrity of the immigration process. USCIS is responsible for ensuring that our immigration system is not used as a vehicle to harm our nation or its citizens by screening out people who seek immigration benefits improperly or fraudulently. These security checks have yielded information about applicants involved in violent crimes, sex crimes, crimes against children, drug trafficking and individuals with known links to terrorism. These investigations require time, resources, and patience and USCIS recognizes that the process is slower for some customers than they would like. Because of that, USCIS is working closely with the FBI and other agencies to speed the background check process. However, USCIS will never grant an immigration service or benefit before the required security checks are completed regardless of how long those checks take.

www.uscis.gov 1

How Immigration Security Checks Work

To ensure that immigration benefits are given only to eligible applicants, USCIS adopted background security check procedures that address a wide range of possible risk factors. Different kinds of applications undergo different levels of scrutiny. USCIS normally uses the following three background check mechanisms but maintains the authority to conduct other background investigations as necessary:

• The Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Name Check— IBIS is a multiagency effort with a central system that combines information from multiple agencies, databases and system interfaces to compile data relating to national security risks, public safety issues and other law enforcement concerns. USCIS can quickly check information from these multiple government agencies to determine if the information in the system affects the adjudication of the case. Results of an IBIS check are usually available immediately. In some cases, information found during an IBIS check will require further investigation. The IBIS check is not deemed completed until all eligibility issues arising from the initial system response are resolved.

• FBI Fingerprint Check—FBI fingerprint checks are conducted for many applications. The FBI fingerprint check provides information relating to criminal background within the United States. Generally, the FBI forwards responses to USCIS within 24-48 hours. If there is a record match, the FBI forwards an electronic copy of the criminal history (RAP sheet) to USCIS. At that point, a USCIS adjudicator reviews the information to determine what effect it may have on eligibility for the benefit. Although the vast majority of inquiries yield no record or match, about 10 percent do uncover criminal history (including immigration violations). In cases involving arrests or charges without disposition, USCIS requires the applicant to provide court certified evidence of the disposition. Customers with prior arrests should provide complete information and certified disposition records at the time of filing to avoid adjudication delays or denial resulting from misrepresentation about criminal history. Even expunged or vacated convictions must be reported for immigration purposes.

• FBI Name Checks—FBI name checks are also required for many applications. The FBI name check is totally different from the FBI fingerprint check. The records maintained in the FBI name check process consist of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel and other files compiled by law enforcement. Initial responses to this check generally take about two weeks. In about 80 percent of the cases, no match is found. Of the remaining 20 percent, most are resolved within six months. Less than one percent of cases subject to an FBI name check remain pending longer than six months. Some of these cases involve complex, highly sensitive information and cannot be resolved quickly. Even after FBI has provided an initial response to USCIS concerning a match, the name check is not complete until full information is obtained and eligibility issues arising from it are resolved.

For most applicants, the process outlined above allows USCIS to quickly determine if there are criminal or security related issues in the applicant’s background that affect eligibility for immigration benefits. Most cases proceed forward without incident. However, due to both the sheer volume of security checks USCIS conducts, and the need to ensure that each applicant is thoroughly screened, some delays on individual applications are inevitable. Background checks may still be considered pending when either the FBI or relevant agency has not provided the final response to the background check or when the FBI or agency has provided a response, but the response requires further investigation or review by the agency or USCIS. Resolving pending cases is time-consuming and labor-intensive; some cases legitimately take months or even

www.uscis.gov 2

several years to resolve. Every USCIS District Office performs regular reviews of the pending caseload to determine when cases have cleared and are ready to be decided. USCIS does not share information about the records match or the nature or status of any investigation with applicants or their representatives.

www.uscis.gov 3

Security clearance is a permission to obtain the information.

it is NOT a background check. Moreover, they don't do F.B.I. background check for VAWA, thats why they require to prove a good moral character.

AND, it was senator office who sent a letter about security clearance.. not USCIS.

bensherif, you information is 100% incorrect. Google it :)

you look maybe tired today .

the senator not do anything .the senator send inquiry to USCIS and USCIS told the senator that yahya case going trough security clearance .VAWA Or VAMA must be clear to aproved the case .like when you have a car you need emmision to pass ,that your car is a good no probleme with it .then now yahya must be cleared for aproval that mean this person is ok aprove it .

the senator say to yahya about his case .and what USCIS TOLD HIM .the senator not need any security clearance for what ?

Edited by bensherif

Yahya54,

when I was married,my husband and I had an interview for AOS, it went succesfully BUT in a week uscis sent me a letter that I have to go through background check....OMG you can't believe but I was waiting for 3 years!!!I didn't commit any crime. I didn't even have a conditional GC, after a year we contacted a congressman of our state and they found my case, FBI sent me a letter stating that so many immigrants coming each year and I just have to wait..wait..wait..I was soooo frustrated, my husband didn't apply for my EAD( I asked him many times to apply but he refused ), he just told me to wait a GC ,I couldn't even get a driving licence. Here in VJ I found that I wasn't alone ,some people were waiting this check for a year,two or even more(can you believe it?) and it doesn't matter from which country you are(some were from Canada,Great Britain and etc).

But I don't want you to scare,

bensherif is right I heard uscis pass the law that to clear background will take not more then 60 days or maybe less. So you'll see as soon as your background check will clear up, they contact your immigration office and you gonna have an interview for AOS.

thanks koshka you agree for CoreCt information .we are here to share only corect information and not to have trouble more than we have on the process . i been on security clearance but my case forwarded TO HEAD QUARTER IN DC FOR RECOMANDATION TO THE OFFICER IN CHARGE WHO ADJIDICATE MY VAWA CASE .MY WIFE IS THE WORSE WOMAN ON EURTH .SHE IS 60 YEARS OLD AND TOLD ME SHE IS ONLY 28 YEARS OLD .AND NOW SHE IS IN TROUBLE .THEY TAKE AWAY HER LISENCE TO TEACH KIDS .HOW DO I KNOW .

Edited by bensherif

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is doing ok and they approvals have been coming in. Sorry I haven't touched base in a while. I was on vacation, I had my first international trip to Cancun, Mexico. It was great, cancun is beautiful definitely a place to visit. I had a smooth exit and entry, was only asked 2 questions on my entry "Purpose of vacation" and "Place of employment" and that was it. And if I had any alcoholic beverages or tobacco. Other than that I had a great vacation.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is doing ok and they approvals have been coming in. Sorry I haven't touched base in a while. I was on vacation, I had my first international trip to Cancun, Mexico. It was great, cancun is beautiful definitely a place to visit. I had a smooth exit and entry, was only asked 2 questions on my entry "Purpose of vacation" and "Place of employment" and that was it. And if I had any alcoholic beverages or tobacco. Other than that I had a great vacation.

Hi there, I was away for awhile as well, but I'm always hoping for good news on everyone here.

Lost, did you have to obtain a visa to go to Mexico? I got invited to a wedding in Vancouver, Canada in June. I haven't been out of the country so I don't know what to do. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated.

God Bless everyone.

Hi bensherif,

Thank you for your help and i'm sorry to hear about your case, my lawer told me that VAWA case takes about a year or 2 the most...do you have a lawer? Did you call to uscis about ur case? maybe ur papers just lost somethere?and you need to apply again?

i was have lawyer but just trutn my case complicated and now i am self representative about my delayed case .is stil pending but on appeal .i am still without work permit i do contact president and his wife ,the senators around united states ,most of congressmans .and ombudsman office also the secretary of home land security .everything is clear every case must have response to deny the case is easy but to aprove it lead into delay and the delay is worse than denial .i am 4 years waiting and waiting ,no one could move those who play with others people life .

to those friends on here .please how to get EAD ? i wish that everyone on here give light to this question and what the required documents to get EAD under c (14) or c(a) is the important thing to survive while the vawa case pending please comment in this question ?

to those friends on here .please how to get EAD ? i wish that everyone on here give light to this question and what the required documents to get EAD under c (14) or c(a) is the important thing to survive while the vawa case pending please comment in this question ?

c 14

I-360 VAWA:

August 3 2009 filed.

August 10 2009 NOA1

August 11 2009 NOA2, Prima Facie Case established

January 7 2010 Initial Grant of deferred Action

February 4 2010, APPROVED.

February 21 2010 AOS filed

March 1 2010 Noa for AOS and EAD

April 24 2010 EAD Card production ordered

May 3 2010 EAD card in mail

May 13 2010 Interview notice for JUNE 16 2010

March 5, 2011 Received Welcome to America letter

March 7,2011 GREEN CARD IN MAIL

event.png

Ok, as you guys know my VAWA case got approved, i'm waiting for the letter tho to know what else i need to do, i already had an AED and SSN, will i have to go thru an interview anyways? what's next?

Please and Thank you.

your i-485 will be tranfered to chicago box then to your local office for interview and green card in speed way .good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.