3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

speedbaby,

did you apply for a fee waiver for I-485?

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Hi guys!

My EAD is going to expire in July of this year... I have an approved VAWA and my interview is on March 30th. The ppl from Catholic Charities are insisting that I renew my EAD now and that I have to pay for it full (U$ 340.00). I think it's not right, since I already got approved on my I-360 and hopefully will have a green card after my interview...

I told them I make 8 dollars an hour and only work 20 hours a week and can barely afford my monthly bills, let alone fees for immigration. I sent them all receipts of everything and after a lot of drama, they said they'd try for a waiver, but that would be almost impossible for me to get...

I don't understand, do I really need to renew my EAD so soon? If I have an approved VAWA (got a fee waiver when I filed) do I need to do it? Once I have a GC, do I need a EAD?

I appreciate any answers, ya'll know how hard it is being alone and abused in this country... I can't afford anything right now.. :huh2:

don't apply for you EAD. Since you have your interview this month wait until that is done and then take it from there. Once you have you GC you don't need an EAD.

I-360 VAWA:

August 3 2009 filed.

August 10 2009 NOA1

August 11 2009 NOA2, Prima Facie Case established

January 7 2010 Initial Grant of deferred Action

February 4 2010, APPROVED.

February 21 2010 AOS filed

March 1 2010 Noa for AOS and EAD

April 24 2010 EAD Card production ordered

May 3 2010 EAD card in mail

May 13 2010 Interview notice for JUNE 16 2010

March 5, 2011 Received Welcome to America letter

March 7,2011 GREEN CARD IN MAIL

event.png

Filed: Timeline
Hi speedbaby

Forget about renewal and paying that fee.

Since u have an inerview in March, and yr EAD exprires in JULY u do not have anything to worry about. USCIS will not even look at your renewal application coz u have an interview scheduled already. Do not worry about it, better concentrate on your interview, u will get the green card soon. Good luck!:)))))

PS if u have a green card u do NOT need any EAD, green card is the right to live and work in US:))))))

That's what I thought so too... i am going to wait until after my interview... If I get a GC I won't need an EAD anyway... I don't understand these people... seriously, we are the ones who do their jobs! I should become an Immigration Attorney and help us all!

speedbaby,

did you apply for a fee waiver for I-485?

Yes, I did, and it was granted. Does that make a difference? Cause what the lady said is that if I was granted the fee waiver for the AOS, then this time, I have to pay! (????)

Timeline
Yes, I did, and it was granted. Does that make a difference? Cause what the lady said is that if I was granted the fee waiver for the AOS, then this time, I have to pay! (????)

yes, they waive a fee for EAD only if you pay for I-485. so if you waived a fee for I-485 then you have to pay for EAD. :)

hey, what kind of evidence did you submit for a fee waiver? and how long did it take for them to waive your fee? how long did you wait for NOA1?

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

AOS:

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello every boday

i have qustion if any body can help me ?

i got letter from my senator office the on did inquiry on my case and that say YOUR CASE HAS NOT BEEN ADJUDICATED BECAUSE THE SECURITY CLEARANCES THAT ARE REQUIRED BY LAW HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETED .ONCE THE CLEARNCES ARE RECEIVED THE ADJUDICATION OF YOUR CASE WILL BE COMPLETED

is THAT bad .and what the security clearances is . is that bc/z im arab or somthing they just told SEND ME LETTER SAYING THAT WILL MAKE decision on my case in 45 days and now is 50 days has been pase

any body know how long the security clearances take . im so angry at VSC after 16 month and still watting in the security clearances

any thought or help

thank

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

hey, what kind of evidence did you submit for a fee waiver? and how long did it take for them to waive your fee? how long did you wait for NOA1?

Well, when I applied for VAWA, I didn't have EAD, I had letters from the friend I was staying in saying that they had to provide food, roof and utilities for me (which was hard on them too), I showed receipts from food that I bought and a letter from another friend saying that she had lend me US$ 500.00.

The letter also said that I had come from another state to escape from my husband and that I had to hide because he was threatening me and harassing me. What else... just mainly receipts from everything that I had bought until then, saying that I was unemployed (without EAD) and all.

This time, to try to get a fee waiver to renew my EAD I gave the Catholic Charities my pay stubs (8.00 hour, 30 hours week), rent lease, utilities bill, dental treatment that I am going through, gas receipts, cell phone bill, food receipts, medical receipts, etc. Also sent my bank statements (I was 95% of the time on the negative) and letters from the bank saying that I was over and that I had a week to pay them back.

I took me a month and a half to get the NOA1 with the Prima Facie letter and the fee waiver... I filed the case in June 2009 and it got approved Feb 2010.

yes, they waive a fee for EAD only if you pay for I-485. so if you waived a fee for I-485 then you have to pay for EAD.

But what I don't understand is, my interview for the green card is in 25 days, I do not need to file to renew my EAD. I am just gonna wait until my interview is done, and then see what I do.

Edited by speedbaby

Timeline

yahya54,

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to the information. Probably what they are trying to say is that they don't have a permission to check your case or smth like that since VAWA cases are very confidential.

So basically nobody is allowed to check your case status until they have your written permission.

Did you sign the privacy release form for them? it is necessary for you to complete and sign this form in order to let them obtain the information needed to respond to your request for assistance.

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

AOS:

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

hello every boday

i have qustion if any body can help me ?

i got letter from my senator office the on did inquiry on my case and that say YOUR CASE HAS NOT BEEN ADJUDICATED BECAUSE THE SECURITY CLEARANCES THAT ARE REQUIRED BY LAW HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETED .ONCE THE CLEARNCES ARE RECEIVED THE ADJUDICATION OF YOUR CASE WILL BE COMPLETED

is THAT bad .and what the security clearances is . is that bc/z im arab or somthing they just told SEND ME LETTER SAYING THAT WILL MAKE decision on my case in 45 days and now is 50 days has been pase

any body know how long the security clearances take . im so angry at VSC after 16 month and still watting in the security clearances

any thought or help

thank

hi yahya .enjoy you are aproved pending security clearance .i told you befor the senator told you .i know exctly the steps ,what hapened to your case now .the adjudicator handle your case is convinced to aprove your case .but he need recomandation from washington DC HEAD QUARTER even your case pending security clearance .today the FBI NOT delay the security clearance like befor .was 4 to 5 years and every aplication will not aproved until the security clearance done what is that mean ,when someone is aproved the officer just need to receieve fbi report that your record clean and you have no probleme with the law . now the security clearance done in 3 month maximum ,but the letter you write last week to CIS OMBUDSMAN is the next steps because the CAO CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE OFFICE WILL forward to the officer have your case to send it in 1 SIGLE WEEK , TO THE HEAD QUARTER DC and then they will send recomandation to the officer to aprove your case .they can aprove your case even the security clearance not done yet by fbi ,or they will contact FBI TO send the report soon .just relax this is what hapened to me ,and the officer just need permission to aprove it .the officer want make sure he not gona have trouble if he aprove your case now he need someone to give him permission with FBI CLEARANCE OR APROVAL PENDING SECURITY CLEARANCE .

YOU SAID you just have rfe for good moral charachter now yes .your evidence is accepted and you are aproved .dont go away thinking negative .is the law about everyrace or every religion .dont worry its the law . and the law today say NO PETITION WILL BE APROVED WITHOUT SECURITY CLEARANCE .EVEN WORK PERMIT THE USCIS NEED TO DO BACKGROUND CHECK .SECURITY CLEARANCE MEAN BACKGROUND CHECK AND UR CASE MUST GO TROUGH THE 50 STATES .THE SECURITY CLEARANCE MEAN YOU ARE ONE FROM THIS COMUNITY .THAT WHAT IS MEAN BECOUSE THEY WANT GIVE BENIFITS ONLY TO PEOPLE COME TO UNITED STATES FOR THE PURPOSE OF HAVING BETTER LIFE AND NOT HARM THE SECURITY OF OTHERS .NO WORRY EVERYONE FROM EVERYWHERE MUST GO TROUGH THIS PROCESS .yahya you are aproved pending security clearance dont tlk bad on phone ok even the phone off the officer now need someone to order him aprove the case ,he want make sure no thing will be against him .

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBURmqe5U4c

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

thank you benshref . i feel much batter you explian every thing so you think it shoudnt be problem or is not going to tak long time

and the letter i send to CIO it should help right

thank you agian

salam ya sahbi

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

thank you benshref . i feel much batter you explian every thing so you think it shoudnt be problem or is not going to tak long time

thank you agian

salam ya sahbi

what i said is CORECT 100 % remember on this forum , me or you will post the aproval here . listen yahya .now your case is done because if you did not give them the required documents needed by officer he will not do sucurity clearance he will send you intend to deny after RFE but he is ok only aproved case going for security clearance ,now the letter you send to cis ombudsman will work great .ombudsman will send you letter in 3 weeks ,to let you know that they require about your delayed case but they will send inwuiry to CAO customer assistance office in DC head quarter where the secretary of homeland security located .ok then the CAO WILL contact you with a letter LIKE THIS .we assigned your case on this # xxxxxxx and a response will send to you by US USCIS BEFOR MARCH 25 ,2010 . NOW they will contact the officer have your case and the officer will explain that your case pending security clearance but they will move forward to speed the clearance on short time .is good steps yahya dont wory .anyone get news that his case pending security clearance that is pending people ,if the case denied they dont need clearance they will send you 2 request for evidence or inted to deny .your case now they do background check ,and your name if your name check .that all but vawa cases all about GOOD FAITH MARIAGE AND ABUSE EVIDENCE . YOUR CASE WILL NOT DENIED .I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING BUT BE ALWAYS GOOD PERSON AS ALWAYS .JUST FROM WORK HOME RIGHT NOW DONT INVOLVE YOUR SELF IN ANY ILLIGAL THINGS AND EVERYTHING GONA BE OKAY AND ALSO TRY DO NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SOMEONE ON HERE OR ANYPLACE OK EVEN THE DELAY ITS OKAY LIFE IS LIFE ACCPT THE GOOD AND BAD THINGS ON IT .I AM POSITIVE YOU ARE APROVED 100 % .JUST RESPECT THE LAW AS ALWAYS YOU DO AND WE ALL DO TO HAVE BETTER LIFE .GOOD LUCK YAHYA AND I WISH YOU OVERCOME THIS SITUATION SOON I KNOW IT IS FRUSTRATED FOR EVERYONE UNDER THIS VAWA PROCESS . WHAT I SAID IS CORECT THE COMMING DAYS WILL AFFIRM THAT I SAY HOW THE PROCESS GOING .THE LAST THINGS IS CLEARANCE EVEN YOU HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS ,

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBURmqe5U4c

Timeline

Security clearance is a permission to obtain the information.

it is NOT a background check. Moreover, they don't do F.B.I. background check for VAWA, thats why they require to prove a good moral character.

AND, it was senator office who sent a letter about security clearance.. not USCIS.

bensherif, you information is 100% incorrect. Google it :)

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

AOS:

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

thank you agian

salam ya sahbi

Yahya54,

when I was married,my husband and I had an interview for AOS, it went succesfully BUT in a week uscis sent me a letter that I have to go through background check....OMG you can't believe but I was waiting for 3 years!!!I didn't commit any crime. I didn't even have a conditional GC, after a year we contacted a congressman of our state and they found my case, FBI sent me a letter stating that so many immigrants coming each year and I just have to wait..wait..wait..I was soooo frustrated, my husband didn't apply for my EAD( I asked him many times to apply but he refused ), he just told me to wait a GC ,I couldn't even get a driving licence. Here in VJ I found that I wasn't alone ,some people were waiting this check for a year,two or even more(can you believe it?) and it doesn't matter from which country you are(some were from Canada,Great Britain and etc).

But I don't want you to scare,

bensherif is right I heard uscis pass the law that to clear background will take not more then 60 days or maybe less. So you'll see as soon as your background check will clear up, they contact your immigration office and you gonna have an interview for AOS.

Hi All,

I have a question to all of you. I want to take medical insurance. Do you know how much they cost? And further as I am currently unemployed so can I take medicaid and what is the procedure to take it? Please share your experiences. Thanks in advance.

if you have a valid ead and social you can apply for medicaid. Most hospitals let you apply for charity care without ssn or being legal. from what i understand if you have a paper with the prima facie you can apply as well for benefits. you can resarch the cost of insurance online. since i don't know what gender you are i am sorry don't mean to offend you in my town we have women health centers or planned parenthood both most of the time accept both genders.

I-360 VAWA:

August 3 2009 filed.

August 10 2009 NOA1

August 11 2009 NOA2, Prima Facie Case established

January 7 2010 Initial Grant of deferred Action

February 4 2010, APPROVED.

February 21 2010 AOS filed

March 1 2010 Noa for AOS and EAD

April 24 2010 EAD Card production ordered

May 3 2010 EAD card in mail

May 13 2010 Interview notice for JUNE 16 2010

March 5, 2011 Received Welcome to America letter

March 7,2011 GREEN CARD IN MAIL

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.