3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
No Not yet I should wait more couple weeks then they will have result or decision ..

I dont get rfe since I filed ..

But I have a question all of you guys here pls help me to know ..

Is thatok to travel around US,im going to california without states ID Only I have is passport ??

DO THEY check my status here in US? or what ?

And who is already divorced to thier spouse while thier case is pending??

pls any help appreciated thank you all guys .

Just don't get caught in Immigration Check Points. There are several of them in California. Driving is the best way to move around the states. You have a great chance to get busted if you take a bus, not that big of a chance if you take a plane.

Cops don't check Immigration status in LA, SF and San Diego when you get pulled over. Only when you go to the jail.

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Just don't get caught in Immigration Check Points. There are several of them in California. Driving is the best way to move around the states. You have a great chance to get busted if you take a bus, not that big of a chance if you take a plane.

Cops don't check Immigration status in LA, SF and San Diego when you get pulled over. Only when you go to the jail.

I'M TAKING A PLANE THOUGH AND SOMEONE WILL PICK ME UP IN L.A..

Gurl ,

You scared me a little bit going to Cali, I already booked a ticket . and I dont wanna be caught ..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Gurl ,

You scared me a little bit going to Cali, I already booked a ticket . and I dont wanna be caught ..

Don't be scared. When you take a plane, all what they look at is your driving license and your ticket. Howerver, if all that you have is Passport with expired Visa thats might be a problem. I, personally, wouldn't show my passport with expired visa to any authorities under any circumstances.

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys!

My EAD is going to expire in July of this year... I have an approved VAWA and my interview is on March 30th. The ppl from Catholic Charities are insisting that I renew my EAD now and that I have to pay for it full (U$ 340.00). I think it's not right, since I already got approved on my I-360 and hopefully will have a green card after my interview...

I told them I make 8 dollars an hour and only work 20 hours a week and can barely afford my monthly bills, let alone fees for immigration. I sent them all receipts of everything and after a lot of drama, they said they'd try for a waiver, but that would be almost impossible for me to get...

I don't understand, do I really need to renew my EAD so soon? If I have an approved VAWA (got a fee waiver when I filed) do I need to do it? Once I have a GC, do I need a EAD?

I appreciate any answers, ya'll know how hard it is being alone and abused in this country... I can't afford anything right now.. :huh2:

Hey guys my lawyer tells me that I can't apply for EAD while I'm waiting for VAWA approval and at the same time I see some of you did manage to apply for EAD while waiting - what's going on is my lawyer wrong ?

your lawyer not know about vawa ,just want the money and in the end of process he will let you in the montain by ur self , any one filed i-360 petition not eligible for EAD until a decision is mad on the case after i-360 get aproved .if you want EAD you should file i-485 and i-765 concurently the time you file i-360 or in the pendency of the petition .i save my case in the appeal ,and my attorney told me no WAY .GOOD LUCK

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBURmqe5U4c

Hi guys!

My EAD is going to expire in July of this year... I have an approved VAWA and my interview is on March 30th. The ppl from Catholic Charities are insisting that I renew my EAD now and that I have to pay for it full (U$ 340.00). I think it's not right, since I already got approved on my I-360 and hopefully will have a green card after my interview...

I told them I make 8 dollars an hour and only work 20 hours a week and can barely afford my monthly bills, let alone fees for immigration. I sent them all receipts of everything and after a lot of drama, they said they'd try for a waiver, but that would be almost impossible for me to get...

I don't understand, do I really need to renew my EAD so soon? If I have an approved VAWA (got a fee waiver when I filed) do I need to do it? Once I have a GC, do I need a EAD?

I appreciate any answers, ya'll know how hard it is being alone and abused in this country... I can't afford anything right now.. :huh2:

you talk about 340 $ how about people selling there bed to puy the fee ? and some people spend 15000 $ with attorneys .please the stress on your head because of 340 $ will turn you sick and you gona need much more money to recover ,dont get panic attack for 340 .please puy it and and forget the process or interview .i wish if i have ur situation will not eat the food or watsh my clots and puy THE ead is very important and if you spend 340 $ you gona have income multiple times because of the EAD

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

Hi guys!

you are not alone :blink: be hapy you are aproved ,just start new life and find someone to share life with .

Gurl ,

everyone file i-360 , become in PROTECTED STATUS until a DECISION ID MAD ON I-360 .that mean any immigration officer report you or arest you or disclose information about you will puy fine of 5000 $ EVERYONE CAN DO SEARSH ON GOOGLE ABOUT THIS ,BUT THE PERSON SHOULD BE NOT IN REMOVAL PROCEDING ,

Edited by bensherif

you talk about 340 $ how about people selling there bed to puy the fee ? and some people spend 15000 $ with attorneys .please the stress on your head because of 340 $ will turn you sick and you gona need much more money to recover ,dont get panic attack for 340 .please puy it and and forget the process or interview .i wish if i have ur situation will not eat the food or watsh my clots and puy THE ead is very important and if you spend 340 $ you gona have income multiple times because of the EAD

I already have an EAD. I have to RENEW it. bensherif I've sold clothes and shoes that I wore. I had to beg for food, humiliate myself. I know what you mean, trust me. I am so sorry for your situation and I hope everything works out for you, and SOON! I DON'T HAVE MONEY, I don't have anything more to sell. I cannot raise that money, at all. I have no family here and the few friends I have cannot afford to help me like that.

I have an EAD that expires in July... I have an approved I-360 and my interview for my AOS (I485) is March 30th. The Catholic Charities are free, I don't pay anything to them, so they do not want my money...

What I wanna know is if I have an approved interview for the I-485, should I renew my EAD? What happens to my EAD once I have a green card?

I already have an EAD. I have to RENEW it. bensherif I've sold clothes and shoes that I wore. I had to beg for food, humiliate myself. I know what you mean, trust me. I am so sorry for your situation and I hope everything works out for you, and SOON! I DON'T HAVE MONEY, I don't have anything more to sell. I cannot raise that money, at all. I have no family here and the few friends I have cannot afford to help me like that.

I have an EAD that expires in July... I have an approved I-360 and my interview for my AOS (I485) is March 30th. The Catholic Charities are free, I don't pay anything to them, so they do not want my money...

What I wanna know is if I have an approved interview for the I-485, should I renew my EAD? What happens to my EAD once I have a green card?

you right and i do understand what hapened to you hapened to me ,the friends most time tired of help .i just see is better way to protect your status remember .try to find new job not the 20 hours a week will cover the expense .i wish your situation become better soon ,just relax home after work and think and rethink good how to star over your new life ,its easy to win its easy to lose ,but just think positive and work hard you gona be fine and away from bad guys ,340 is not so much but its hard sometimes .you need to file i-765 EAD and colect some bills receipt and aply by your self to vermont sevice center ask them for fee waiver but that is not good for your future status or citizenship .

about your question ; if aproved interview for i-485 you should have stamp on your passport .with that you can work .that mean you are green card holder but waiting for phisical card . your EAD not needed after green card . you should now just relax and remember what you have been trough ,

No Not yet I should wait more couple weeks then they will have result or decision ..

I dont get rfe since I filed ..

But I have a question all of you guys here pls help me to know ..

Is thatok to travel around US,im going to california without states ID Only I have is passport ??

DO THEY check my status here in US? or what ?

And who is already divorced to thier spouse while thier case is pending??

pls any help appreciated thank you all guys .

what i know is that uscis said if your visa expired is not mean your status is finish uscis always ask just for your EAD even expired because the status is very important .you have i-360 pending you are in protected status .mean no one will come to your house or stop you or anything because you file a new application to folow your valid status in defered action even not approved yet .dont wory you can move freely because you are not in removal proceding if so they will send you a letter to apear in court .inside US you can travel by driver license only you dont need passport inside .but the lisence shoud be valid or go to DMV ask for ID to travel with .good luck dont worry i travel everywhere and no one stop me if so i have 4 petition pending decision . i-485 /i-360 /i-765- and 290 b .pending 4 years when you file new petition befor your visa expired you are just fine .when the i-360 approved the overstay is forgiven that what i read somewhere .

Edited by bensherif

what i know is that uscis said if your visa expired is not mean your status is finish uscis always ask just for your EAD even expired because the status is very important .you have i-360 pending you are in protected status .mean no one will come to your house or stop you or anything because you file a new application to folow your valid status in defered action even not approved yet .dont wory you can move freely because you are not in removal proceding if so they will send you a letter to apear in court .inside US you can travel by driver license only you dont need passport inside .but the lisence shoud be valid or go to DMV ask for ID to travel with .good luck dont worry i travel everywhere and no one stop me if so i have 4 petition pending decision . i-485 /i-360 /i-765- and 290 b .pending 4 years when you file new petition befor your visa expired you are just fine .when the i-360 approved the overstay is forgiven that what i read somewhere .

Ohh Ok thanks .. it makes me understand now...

good luck to all of us ..

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi guys!

Hi speedbaby

Forget about renewal and paying that fee.

Since u have an inerview in March, and yr EAD exprires in JULY u do not have anything to worry about. USCIS will not even look at your renewal application coz u have an interview scheduled already. Do not worry about it, better concentrate on your interview, u will get the green card soon. Good luck!:)))))

PS if u have a green card u do NOT need any EAD, green card is the right to live and work in US:))))))

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.