3,045 posts in this topic

ok guys, just sent my I 360 package yesterday.now just keep my fingers crossed and pray.wish me luck

Good luck in your journey and I wish you a speedy approval.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: Timeline

I Relly. Don't know what. To do I'm going on the 17 mouth. And nothing. No Rfe I told. My. Attorney. Iwant to go to infopass. To aske them but my attorney says. That they are good for nothing and I shouldn't go any body. Want. Their. Should. I go or just keep on waiting ?

Any info will be appreciated

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello Everybody! Today I've gotten an e-mail from USCIS saying that my case was denied. They don't say why in e-mail so I'm waiting for actual mail. I don't know why it was a very strong case. If they were going to deny it why it took 13,5 month and why they issued 2 Prima Facies and why they sent a RFE. I've talked to my lawyer and she said that I have 30 days to appeal it. I was wondering if anybody's case got denied like mine and appealed it and got approved. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

That is devastating well, i may suggest that instead of appeal try to file a motion of consideration or something i remember that its better to go that way than to appeal. im not sure im not a professional.

Mine is 20 mos. no RFE 5 Prima Facie no nothing NADA!

Okay.. I need some info.. I had a K1 visa and got married in US, I did not have a 2 yr GC but my husband threateningly and fraudulently sent me here in ma county, I asked here abt eligibility criteria and came to know I am eligible. I am going to file VAWA soon. I have 2 queries so far, 1st I have these documents as a prove.. gettin dem was hard.. i had to contact ppl in US anyways so far I have dese are they okay as an evidences or ma case is weak?

Marriage certificate, court marriage photos, insurance card where I am da beneficiary, joint account details, medical record, record where i was admitted, greeting card of friends, wedding card, vdos of engagement, pics of engagement, emails n chats during our courtship, letter from religious organization where we got engaged, another letter from same organization permission to get married, medical statement of ma doctor of here who treated for bruises, pics of bruises, affidavits of my sister and aunty with whom I am living in my country, character certificate from previous employees, character certificate from police, ma tickets and boarding passes, ma husband's passport copy and birth certificate, his abusing emails after I came here, letters from social workers which I contacted after coming here, pics of our home where our pictures are at the wall.. So now what is missing???? are they enough or not?

2nd query.. after applying when can I go back to US on VAWA thing? after final approval or in prima facie as differed status?

Filed: Timeline
Okay.. I need some info.. I had a K1 visa and got married in US, I did not have a 2 yr GC but my husband threateningly and fraudulently sent me here in ma county, I asked here abt eligibility criteria and came to know I am eligible. I am going to file VAWA soon. I have 2 queries so far, 1st I have these documents as a prove.. gettin dem was hard.. i had to contact ppl in US anyways so far I have dese are they okay as an evidences or ma case is weak?

Marriage certificate, court marriage photos, insurance card where I am da beneficiary, joint account details, medical record, record where i was admitted, greeting card of friends, wedding card, vdos of engagement, pics of engagement, emails n chats during our courtship, letter from religious organization where we got engaged, another letter from same organization permission to get married, medical statement of ma doctor of here who treated for bruises, pics of bruises, affidavits of my sister and aunty with whom I am living in my country, character certificate from previous employees, character certificate from police, ma tickets and boarding passes, ma husband's passport copy and birth certificate, his abusing emails after I came here, letters from social workers which I contacted after coming here, pics of our home where our pictures are at the wall.. So now what is missing???? are they enough or not?

2nd query.. after applying when can I go back to US on VAWA thing? after final approval or in prima facie as differed status

Will sorry to till that if you already in Pakistan and you not in us you not eligible for vawa even though you wher abuse. In the us the only ways you could apply for vawa when you abroad is if your ex spouse work for us government

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

I think you have all the basic requirements for VAWA, perhaps except proving abuse and extreme cruelty. I wuill not tell you not to give it a shot, after all, it is free to file.

My one cent: Find people who can support the fraudulency of your husband and his abusive nature.

It can be a challenge with evidence coming from abroad.

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hi;)

I've got the same by the way "The service has decided to place this case under deferred action, which is an administrative choice to give some cases lower priority for removal. Therefore, the service does not anticipate instituting action for removal at this time".......Honestly i don't know what does it mean:(I also was worried but then i had an interview for AOS and now i think that i have a GC my case is not under deferred action...but maybe I'm wrong?

It simply means, in normal english, they will not be deporting you. If you were in the process or immigration was yet to catch up with you, u now have some basis to stick around.

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

I think you have all the basic requirements for VAWA, perhaps except proving abuse and extreme cruelty. I wuill not tell you not to give it a shot, after all, it is free to file.

My one cent: Find people who can support the fraudulency of your husband and his abusive nature.

It can be a challenge with evidence coming from abroad.

Oh !! Its not free for me... I am paying a huge amount to lawyer and she had given me a hope.. I can give statement of his ex fiance but she is in my country too not in U.S, Yes I can take a statement of few ppl whom he had abused in US. Abt fraud Is it ok to prove that he even lied in immigration papers to avoid tax returns? I have prove where he said he works as a driver but he actually owns so many large stores?

@lana.. Everyone told me that I am eligible? even ma attorney said the same thing??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.