New Beginnings

Starting to feel frustrated

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm just here to vent a little... I started the whole process feeling so excited and positive. However, I just feel like each day that goes by with no update or touches to the case just wears me down little by little.

It's so hard to be apart from my husband and I miss him so much. Thank god for the internet and webcams or I would have gone insane by now, but I just wish that they would also show you where in line you are. I guess it's just not knowing how many are in front of me, or if my application has been forgotten on someone's desk that bothers me. If I could see the line getting smaller I think I would feel better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are not quite at the consulate embassy stage, your timeline shows gust NOA1. Moving this to USCIS.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you looked at Igor's List? You can see where you are in line based on other Visa Journey filers. Not sure really how accurate it is, but at least it feels good to see your name moving up on the list :star:

I'm just here to vent a little... I started the whole process feeling so excited and positive. However, I just feel like each day that goes by with no update or touches to the case just wears me down little by little.

It's so hard to be apart from my husband and I miss him so much. Thank god for the internet and webcams or I would have gone insane by now, but I just wish that they would also show you where in line you are. I guess it's just not knowing how many are in front of me, or if my application has been forgotten on someone's desk that bothers me. If I could see the line getting smaller I think I would feel better.

k9AX.jpg.png

K-3 Visa - VANCOUVER

04/01/2009 - I-129F NOA2

04/14/2009 - NVC Received

04/15/2009 - NVC Left

04/17/2009 - Consulate Received

04/20/2009 - Packet 3 downloaded

04/23/2009 - Packet 3 Sent

04/23/2009 - Packet 4 Received (email w/appt. date)

05/20/2009 - Medical Exam - Vancouver

05/19/2009 - Interview In Vancouver for K-3 (Interview from hell)

05/20/2009 - Dropped off Medical at Consulate, No Visa- Told we are in AP

06/03/2009 - Email from Consulate-Visa mailed

06/05/2009 - Visa In hand

06/06/2009 - US POE, Winnipeg

EAD

06/14/2009: mailed I-765

06/24/2009: NOA1

07/06/2009: Recv'd Biometrics letter/appt. for 7/25

07/07/2009: walk in Biometrics early

08/04/2009: Card Production ordered!

08/10/2009: EAD card in hand!

NVC I-130

04-01-09: I-130 NOA2 (Approved) 155 days @ CSC

06/24/2009 : case complete at NVC

CR-1 Interview

11/25/2009: Interview at MONTREAL, CANADA (approved)

11/28/2009: Visa in hand (picked up from consulate)

12/14/2009: Permanent Residence Card in hand!

Employment at Wells Fargo Bank on Nov. 9, 2009

Done until lifting conditions... yeah!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We've all been there & yes the waiting is awful. Hang in there & good luck!

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It is frustrating,disheartening and so on.

We started off thinknig 6 months at VSC...after 6 months passed, everyday was like forever. Its acceptable when you KNOW what to expect, its the unknown and feeling totally helpless that sucks!

You came to the right place, there are many people who understand and will offer support here.

You just filed in Sept, the "based on your timeline..your case may be adjudicated..." in your timeline is probably about right. It was for us. Hang in there, it will come.

Good Luck to a speedy reunion

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

LauraI

It is definitely a hard road to travel. (F)Welcome to VJ, it is good you found this site early on. You will find alot of resources, experience and commraderie here that will you find so very heartfelt and helpful along your journey.

It can be depressing, distressing and disparaging but you need remain strong and steadfast.

My husband and I both felt the same way as you do and we had AP for nearly 6 months after having gone thru the whole K3 process and forgoing the K3 visa that he got to wait longer for CR1...it seemed neverending

It will happen, your time will come but unfortunately in this process there is no time or outcome guarantees.

There is just nothing you can really do but wait it out.

I pray that GOD gives you the patience and the strength to continue. Pray to GOD he always gives you what you need.

He is great...with HIM, all things possible :thumbs:

Edited by sandrila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

on your timeline it says you were married a year before you filed 130. Did you live in Morocco during that year? I only ask because if you did then you could have gone directly through the consulate there and gotten his visa in a couple of days or weeks. If not then I'm sorry but it is a wait. I don't know how fast 130's are going now but it took 4 months for our k1 to be approved and another 3 months to get to the interview and then 2 more weeks wait for the passport returned with the visa in it. So be patient and enjoy your time talking and planning your future together.

Deb

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
LauraI

It is definitely a hard road to travel. (F)Welcome to VJ, it is good you found this site early on. You will find alot of resources, experience and commraderie here that will you find so very heartfelt and helpful along your journey.

It can be depressing, distressing and disparaging but you need remain strong and steadfast.

My husband and I both felt the same way as you do and we had AP for nearly 6 months after having gone thru the whole K3 process and forgoing the K3 visa that he got to wait longer for CR1...it seemed neverending

It will happen, your time will come but unfortunately in this process there is no time or outcome guarantees.

There is just nothing you can really do but wait it out.

I pray that GOD gives you the patience and the strength to continue. Pray to GOD he always gives you what you need.

He is great...with HIM, all things possible :thumbs:

Very well said! :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for all the nice words. My husband and I both try to stay strong for each other and we've been very good at that. But there are times where it seems to slip and we forget that all things in life are planned for us already.

It's just the unknown that bothers me. If they told me, you have to wait 1 year I would at least have an end in sight... it's just not being able to see that end that bothers me.

But thanks everyone, we're grateful for everyone here!

Thanks for all the nice words. My husband and I both try to stay strong for each other and we've been very good at that. But there are times where it seems to slip and we forget that all things in life are planned for us already.

It's just the unknown that bothers me. If they told me, you have to wait 1 year I would at least have an end in sight... it's just not being able to see that end that bothers me.

But thanks everyone, we're grateful for everyone here!

Laura, we all know the pain in your heart, we all have it or had it. Your time will come, this is only a temporpary glitch as I like to say, it will all have a happy ending. Stay strong, dont forget yur life goals with your husband and all the beautiful things to come for you and him.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Ok, after almost 4 months of no touches... we got a touch today!! I hope it just means good news and that they're going to start processing ours and we'll be on our way!!

Pray for us please everyone... I think the more good thoughts the better

Ok, after almost 4 months of no touches... we got a touch today!! I hope it just means good news and that they're going to start processing ours and we'll be on our way!!

Good luck Laura & Ali, its good sign, a touch, it shows someone handle your petition. Stay positive and breath!!!! It will come when you least expect it to . Best Wishes!!! :energy:

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Will do. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Hang in there. When I was first engaged to my fiance and had to be "home" in the US without her I remember how much sleep I lost over it. I spent some nights up on the phone until the sun was nearly up, going to work that day with little to no sleep. I know it is hard but it will all be over soon!

My best suggestion is to focus on what you can control. Focus on getting things ready for them when they arrive so that things are as easy as possible for them. It will get your life off to a great start and you will also find yourself being rewarded by the feeling of getting things "done" for your significant other!

Hang in there... Every day is one step closer!

My responses are derived from personal experiences and from the knowledge I have gained from others over time. I do my best but on occasion I could be wrong. Be warned! I am not a lawyer, I am an Engineer!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.