Serendipity_

VERMONT K-3 Any APPROVALS Week Feb 2nd 2009

121 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wanted to share this with yall....I just received two emails from CRIS...

I GOT APPROVED...both my I130 and I129F...

I-130

NOA1 - June 26, 2008

NOA2 - February 2, 2008

I-129F

NOA1 - August 15, 2008

NOA2 - February 2, 2008

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

CONGRATS!!!!!

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Timeline

esposadetucho

Enjoy the mountains, relax have fun!!!!!

Que La pases bien

I am telling my husband when we have kids i will teach them Dutch so he can't understand same for Papiamento and Spanish

making him have to learn!!!

:-P

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Approvals have been so random lately... Man oh man, what I wouldn't give to be able to see exactly what goes on in VSC!!!!

Don't the I-130's have an expiration date or something? Aren't they considered expired if they take more than 2 years to process? Does anyone know? I'm getting worried since we're at 10 months now...and God only knows if they put is in AP with NVC or after the interview... Oh, I'm thinking ahead...shouldn't really do that. I need to get an APPROVAL first, before I jump to the other things LOL

Seriously wired on coffee...can't sleep. My husband just called me too. When I talk to him, then it's like I get a happy shot and I stay up for awhile just thinking about him... :wub:

Jen, happy that you're feeling better. Before I got my guns, I had daggers around the house. Why not? Nothing wrong with keeping a kitchen knife close by LOL You never know!

Yes, Aruba has a very low crime rate. Actually I think it's one of the safest places in the world according to the tour guide we had. Of course that American chick...whatever her name was...the one that went missing...that kinda put this damper on the whole safety issue...but I think it's still extremely safe there. Even Amsterdam, to tell you the truth...I never felt scared there and I've walked to the shops and stuff alone. Even at night, since their days are so short in the winter. I never felt scared or in danger.

Serendipity...what the heck is going on with our petitions? One must be propping up a wobbly desk leg and the other is being used as a coaster, as we used to say back in the day when no one was getting approved (like in October LOL).

Timeline

i know once granted the petitions approval or visa you have 6 months to enter us before it expires once in the us it's valid for 2 years

but while in process i am not aware there is an expiration date while at uscis i think, not sure there might be one after approval and if vsc doesn't hear anything from you after a year they presume you abandon it and for fit all fee's you paid

Yeah Aruba pretty safe

still not sure what happened with the girl

everything gets told around from dead to runaway to insurance fraud so who knows, I wasn't there!

I really hope both you and serendipity and the rest get approved soon it's just not fare compared to the rest of the approvals

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Serendipity...what the heck is going on with our petitions? One must be propping up a wobbly desk leg and the other is being used as a coaster, as we used to say back in the day when no one was getting approved (like in October LOL).

I think your petition is being used as a coaster - Closer to the approval stamp :angry:

Mine is the one propping up a wobbly desk....out of sight out of approval range. :unsure:

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

I-130

NOA1 - June 26, 2008

NOA2 - February 2, 2008

I-129F

NOA1 - August 15, 2008

NOA2 - February 2, 2008

:dance: CONGRATS and Good Luck with NVC :dance::thumbs:

Glad to see some approvals again...

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline
I got some news today, My hubby got hurt at work, he is fine minor cuts and bruises and a few alcohol and drug test later to make sure he wasn't any of the previous mentioned. he just wasn't looking where he was going

OMG!! I hope he is doing well....

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

OUR PETITION WAS FINALLY ADJUDICATED (assigned to an officer) ON JANUARY 28, 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping it won't take more than 2 months from this point to be approved. I remember Lisa was in the adjudication que and it took about 45 days if I'm not mistaken. Then again, Nena was assigned to someone on January 28th and approved January 29th.

Some interesting info I got today:

USCIS is now trying to conduct all background and security checks BEFORE assigning the petition to the adjudication officer. The reason for this is that before, they were issuing quick approvals...and then people were getting put into AP after their interviews in order to do the background checks. Then the people filing the petitions were getting angry and they were using up more man hours doing it this way. He said now, they are trying to do the checks BEFORE assigning it, so that afterwards they can avoid any further checks. Of course, he said it's not guaranteed that they won't do anymore checks again later on in the process. If they do, hopefully it won't take very long.

He said that due to my husband's country of birth that they did extensive checks and that is why it took long. He said, "They've been busy with this petition. So don't worry. It's not lost." Obviously he can see everything. He also gave me hubby's A#. Not sure I can obtain more information with this. Hopefully I won't need to make anymore inquiries. Hopefully, God willing, it won't be too much longer.

I'm going to give myself 60 days before I start stressing again. :D

OUR PETITION WAS FINALLY ADJUDICATED (assigned to an officer) ON JANUARY 28, 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping it won't take more than 2 months from this point to be approved. I remember Lisa was in the adjudication que and it took about 45 days if I'm not mistaken. Then again, Nena was assigned to someone on January 28th and approved January 29th.

Some interesting info I got today:

USCIS is now trying to conduct all background and security checks BEFORE assigning the petition to the adjudication officer. The reason for this is that before, they were issuing quick approvals...and then people were getting put into AP after their interviews in order to do the background checks. Then the people filing the petitions were getting angry and they were using up more man hours doing it this way. He said now, they are trying to do the checks BEFORE assigning it, so that afterwards they can avoid any further checks. Of course, he said it's not guaranteed that they won't do anymore checks again later on in the process. If they do, hopefully it won't take very long.

He said that due to my husband's country of birth that they did extensive checks and that is why it took long. He said, "They've been busy with this petition. So don't worry. It's not lost." Obviously he can see everything. He also gave me hubby's A#. Not sure I can obtain more information with this. Hopefully I won't need to make anymore inquiries. Hopefully, God willing, it won't be too much longer.

I'm going to give myself 60 days before I start stressing again. :D

That is wonderful news!!!!! Light is shining at the end of the tunnel!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Aruba
Timeline

This is great news! :-) At least now you know they're working on it.

Btw, how did you find out that it has been adjudicated? Did you call? Please share :) I'd like to know if mine has at least been assigned to someone, I can handle the waiting, but can't deal with not knowing whether someone is actually looking at my case.

Timeline

The immigration officer at the local office was able to see everything going on with my petition. Everything. So I suggest anyone that has questions to just skip over USCIS and skip over congressmen, etc. You will get a more accurate, detailed answer at the local office. I wish I would have done this sooner. It would have saved me a lot of stress knowing that the reason for the long wait was due to security checks...and not wondering if the petition was lost or not!

This is great news! :-) At least now you know they're working on it.

Btw, how did you find out that it has been adjudicated? Did you call? Please share :) I'd like to know if mine has at least been assigned to someone, I can handle the waiting, but can't deal with not knowing whether someone is actually looking at my case.

Go to your local office (or your spouse if you're the one in Aruba). Make an info pass appointment. The immigration officer will be able to see what is going on with your case...in detail and in real time! Not information from November 30th :dead:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I was hoping it was an approval but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel like you said. It is interesting that they do the background checks in advance. That may explain why some people get approved so quickly while others have to wait forvever (if the initial checks are inconclusive and they need to do further checks). Hopefully your approval will come in a matter of days and not weeks or months.

-D

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I-130

NOA1 - June 26, 2008

NOA2 - February 2, 2008

I-129F

NOA1 - August 15, 2008

NOA2 - February 2, 2008

Congrats!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Timeline
I was hoping it was an approval but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel like you said. It is interesting that they do the background checks in advance. That may explain why some people get approved so quickly while others have to wait forvever (if the initial checks are inconclusive and they need to do further checks). Hopefully your approval will come in a matter of days and not weeks or months.

-D

Honestly? I'm kinda happy and relieved it took long now and not later, after the interview. I'm thinking that explains why some people in say, countries which normally require security checks (MENA, India, Pakistan, etc), get approved really quick...then they get put in AP afterwards. After what he said, it makes me think that the reason is because they didn't do the checks before the adjudication...and now they are stuck doing it after. My husband has Netherlands citizenship but he's Muslim born in a Muslim country. So of course, it makes perfect sense they took so long. I was worried that they didn't do anything with the petition...and that after the approval they would stick it in AP. Now I'm a little relieved that they won't let us be in AP. Of course it's still possible, but I'm a little more positive now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.