Mijndert

Netherlands

675 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi Michele!

It's great that things are going so good for you and Mark! Did he already buy a cowboy hat? :lol:

Jac,

How's everything? I hope you had a good flight and everything is going OK :)

Arazia & Harry,

Good luck on the interview! It's pretty easy and the CO is great :thumbs:

Erica,

Welcome to the NL thread! :dance:

Em&Ed,

Sorry about your cold, get well soon! (F)

I hope everybody is doing well and stay warm. It's really cold here in Missouri brrrr... :wacko:

Hugs,

edi

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

hi edi,

flight was long and exausting. I still trying to adjust here, but things will be ok.

I am happy to be with my guy and he is a big suport.

-hugs-

Jac

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Welcome to America--Jac!!!!! (F)

Em--Sorry you have a cold (F)

Mark has not received his GC yet--even through the DORA program it seems to take a while. Anyway, just as a type of "insurance", we also applied and paid for EAD at the same time as AOS ( just in case our AOS got stuck in name checks or whatever mess USCIS makes of it), so Mark would at least be able to work. The EAD should be here any day now and as far as the DORA AOS they say within 90 days of the interview ( yeh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :whistle: )--either way as frustrating as it is we are well within the processing times....so I guess it's wait wait wait again!

Good Luck with the job applications! :thumbs:

Edi--I don't think I could PAY Mark to put a cowboy hat on!!!! :lol:

Hope everyone else is well-take care!

Michele.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Harry's visa was approved!

Here's a write up he made for me of what happened (slightly edited):

Anyhow! So I go the the Museum-plaza, like... one hour ahead of time. (Before this I had started to get anxious as hell, thinking I forgot something. Did not of course, I 100-checked my checklist thingy)

Anyhow, I did three rounds around it (Plaza), as there was nobody at the Embassy gate yet. But after 15 minutes, I decided to go there anyhow. 45 minutes to wait. Someone else walked up to me, some lady, who apparently also had to be there. And then... people started to arrive. And with that, THE WHINING! People from KLM whining that they can't go inside before their appointment (2 'O Clock) Whine whine... Americans this.... whine whine... Americans that.

Let's fast forward to 2 minutes pre! A girl came who also came for K-1, and rang the bell. People would come up. So we wait... wait... wait.... yep, they arrive at 13:30, just at the right time! So I take off my precious phone and MP3 player, and get to go on to another door (still outside! They detected for metal under a 'tent')

Then I go into a room where they ONCE AGAIN detect for metal. This time I have to give up on my MP3 player and phone, I get a receipt to get them back. Number 18. Okay, cool. Whatever.

So I go inside and have to wait in a comfy warm room. There's a TV with CNN on. I sit in a chair and talk to the girl a little. She doesn't give much away. I talk too much. XD

I wait, soon I get called to a little window with the number 5. A guy checks stuff with me. Afedavid (I never write that right) stuff, sign this please, birth certificate, proof of money-transfer. Okay, you done. Wait till you get called.

So I sit back, same room. I thought that the interview would be in like an office, seperate room or anything.

A little later I get called for, I walk up to the little window next to number 5... number 6 thus.

A guy talks to me. Where'd you meet? Internet. A lot of people meet through the internet these days huh? Yeah. So what made you want to marry with her. *blabs for 3 minutes why me and Arazia are perfect for eachother...* Okay... I can see you really love her. Okay. Oh, what's that necklace? "Arazia?" It's my fiance's nickname. "Okay... right... well, I'll be glad to tell you that you are approved" (Then some boring yadayada about what I should and should not do. Things I already knew. And Zia too.

Then the hard part starts..................

GETTING MY STUFF BACK!

There was a freaking line outside twice as long as a bus!

So I wait for an ungodly time, get my stuff, and leave.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Timeline

Congrats Arazia and Harry! :dancing:

I am so happy for you both, that must be such a big relief to finally get the approval! :dance: Yaaay! The NL interviews are really easy, it's just awesome.

Congrats again!!

edi

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

Timeline

Harry , gratz on your visa

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

YAY!

Another happy story!

:D

On a related note: has anyone seen the announcement for the new Net 5 show Grenzeloos Verliefd?

Timeline (2nd):

5/29/2009 - Filing I-751 Removal of conditions

6/01/2009 - CSC received I-751

6/04/2009 - check cashed (fast!)

6/08/2009 - received I-797C (receipt date 6/01)

6/22/2009 - received Biometrics Appt. Notice

7/01/2009 - received rescheduled Appt. Notice

7/23/2009 - Biometr. Appt.

7/24/2009 - A touch, a touch!

8/20/2009 - APPROVED! Oh, glorious day!

8/25/2009 - Card production e-mail received

8/31/2009 - Card received. Error :(

9/05/2009 - Returned green card with evidence of error & I-90

9/16/2009 - received I-797C (receipt date 9/14)

10/27/2009 - Correct card issued

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
:thumbs: Congratulations on the visa, Arazia and Ranmaru!!!!!! :thumbs:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!!!! its a great feeling, isnt it???

soon, all of yall will get to feel it!

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

:dance: Congrats Harry and Arazia!!!! :dance: It is an awesome feeling!

René and I have been busy with wedding plans etc. My mom and I have been busy planning the details! His parents will be flying in for the wedding and staying for 2 weeks. It will be there first trip to the USA. We are all very excited about the upcoming wedding. I hope everything is great for all of you.

Mel

Timeline

Hoi!

Mel,

That's awesome that René's parents are coming to the wedding! When is he arriving to the US? Pieter thinks that his mom and bro might come too and also stay for two weeks, but's still on the talks.... He's still @ NL taking care of everything, still so much to do!!! :help:

It seems like our wedding will be on early June, I'll let you guys know when we have a real date ;) Woo!

Hope everybody is doing fine!

Hugs,

edi

Our AOS Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.