Mijndert

Netherlands

675 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Mel: time is going by fast now. only 20 more days. I am exited and nervous and so much more ;-)

Edi: Most peeps I have seen took almost right off after getting there visa, I felt like a weirdo weithing for so long ;-) But luckely I am not the only one who had to prepare a bit longer ;-)

I gave lot of my stuff away and sold the stuff that was worth anything.

-hugs-

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Mel: time is going by fast now. only 20 more days. I am exited and nervous and so much more ;-)

Edi: Most peeps I have seen took almost right off after getting there visa, I felt like a weirdo weithing for so long ;-) But luckely I am not the only one who had to prepare a bit longer ;-)

I gave lot of my stuff away and sold the stuff that was worth anything.

-hugs-

Jac,

Oh yeah he'll be there for a while. He hasn't even put the house for sale and yesterday he talked with his boss. I don't think he'll be here before May, so you are fine LOL :lol: He's taking his time to get rid of everything and finish the work for his boss (They are only 3 people in his job, it's a silver spoon biz (the one for babies when they are born).

Good luck, you are almost here! :dancing:

Mark & Tmma,

Congrats on your approval!!! :dance:

Mel,

How was René's med? Everything went fine? :thumbs:

Hugs,

edi

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Jac: I am sure the days will be flying by now. You are not a weirdo for waiting. There are so many things to take care of before you come settle in your new home!

Edi: René's medical went smooth. No problems at all and he said the doctor was a very nice guy. I hope the rest of this process goes as smoothly as the medical. Did they ask Pieter a lot of questions at his interview? Also, what type of evidence did they ask to see if any?

Mark and Tmma: Congrats on the approval!

Best wishes,

Mel

Timeline

Edi: don't you just rather have him there straight away. But it is a good thing he takes the time to rap everything up around here. Before you know it you guys are counting down and together.

Mel: Yeah time flys by a bit to fast right now. only 19 days and still so much to do. Ehh to make. But on the other hand, time cant go by fast enough.

Good to hear that his medical went good.

-hugs-

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

9-19-2006 Medical

4-1-2007 our wedding day

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Not much to update, but Harry has his medical and x-ray on the 24th. He's doing some weird stuff with it, and it makes me a little uncomfortable. Basically they said he could have his normal doctor fax the exam-doctor proof of vaccinations after the exam and the exam-doctor would fill that out later. And then his x-ray is at no specific time after the exam, something about them just calling up and him going over there. I've also brought up concerns about getting the copy of that vaccination worksheet, but he thinks he can just ask the exam-doctor to send him a copy when he sends the embassy a copy. It just makes me feel ill at ease.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Timeline
And then his x-ray is at no specific time after the exam, something about them just calling up and him going over there.

Strange. Normaly the x-ray is before the exam.

-hugs-

Jac

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

9-19-2006 Medical

4-1-2007 our wedding day

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

Arazia,...That........is reeeeeeally,.....hmmmm???,.......GOOD LUCK WITH THAT :thumbs: ..... :whistle:

Edit; Get harry to re-read the instructions for the medical

Edited by MarkTexas

wanna see my avatar in fullsize?>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a33JXYbuCEY

Timeline

Jac / Mark:

Yeah, I know it sounds really weird, and that is why I'm uncomfortable with it. He has read the instructions. Basically, what happened is this:

He scheduled an appointment with his normal doctor on the 22nd. The normal doctor called back and said it might take an extra 2 days to get the vaccinations he needs (which would put it to the 24th). Somehow, messed up the dates in his head and scheduled the medical for the 24th.

When I pointed out the problem, he called them up and asked to re-schedule. They informed him that it was okay to have the doctor send them a fax verifiying he gets his vaccinations and they'd add it to his form after the exam. Then he called to make the x-ray, and they asked where he was coming from. He said Limburg. They said 'is it even possible to get here before the medical exam'. He said 'probably not'. And they said to just come after the medical exam.

At least that's my understanding of it. I don't like it, and it makes me incredibly nervous, but I can't do anything. He's not willing to reschedule anything because he believes that the people he spoke to know what they are doing and must have 'done this a thousand times before'.

Merf *sigh*

Timeline

Mel,

Pieter’s interview was really easy and short. The CO asked for fotos but he told him that there were no recent ones because we have not seen each other after filing the petition. :( But he brought phone records with him and the CO was Ok with that (Thank God!) The questions were like: “When did you meet? How many times have you seen each other? How long have you been engaged?” And that was about it. So it’s really quick and painless!!! It’s gonna be OK.

Arazia,

I talked to Pieter after reading your post and he said that his Doc made a copy of the form from the packet and certified that he was current and included it on the envelope for the A’dam exam Doc.

His XRay was before the exam but the radiologist was not there to read the Xray foto. They told him that they would call if something was wrong (thank God they didn’t call ) and that they would send everything to the embassy.

From what I understood from Pieter, I think as long as they send the vac records on time to the Adam doc for his medical, he’ll be fine. Good luck!!!!

Jac,

Pieter put the house for sale, let’s see how that goes. Most of the furniture he is giving it to a friend of his that needs an urgent furniture upgrade… So there goes that part!

He got his visa two days after the interview, WOW! That embassy rocks!

I hope everybody is doing great!!!

Hugs, :luv:

edi

Our AOS Journey

Arazia.....did Harry call the doctor in Amsterdam before sceduling an appointment with the xray clinic? It all sounds a bit weird to me. If I remember correctly I had to hand over my proof of vaccination and then the doctor's assistent filled out the vaccination worksheet and told me I needed one shot which I hadn't had before.

Well, they have finally 'touched' my AOS petition again, but no word on an interview date or anything else. My EAD is still in the works as well.....sigh, I am trying not to get (too) frustrated, but argh some days I just want to scream.....lol.

Take care all!

Timeline
Arazia.....did Harry call the doctor in Amsterdam before sceduling an appointment with the xray clinic? It all sounds a bit weird to me. If I remember correctly I had to hand over my proof of vaccination and then the doctor's assistent filled out the vaccination worksheet and told me I needed one shot which I hadn't had before.

He did everything in the order I said he did above. He scheduled his appointment with the doctor FIRST for the 24th at 10:00am. Then he called up the x-ray clinic and they asked if he could even get to Amsterdam before his appointment. He said 'probably not', and they told him to come afterwards.

I've -told- him that this doesn't add up right and doesn't sound right, but his excuse is 'they have done this a thousand times before, they know what they're doing'. It doesn't put me at ease at all, especially as everyone else is telling me differently.

I've also told him to be well prepared for having to get his vaccinations done there. To be honest, he's being a bit of a snot about the whole thing, because I'm questioning what is going on and he doesn't want to change things.

*sigh*

Arazia.....he doesn't want to call the xray clininc again just te be sure? Well, maybe they are doing things differently now, but from all the stories I have read about people doing the same thing they all have to go to the xray clinic first and then an hour or so later they have the doctor's appointment.....then again, like I said, maybe they have changed a few things.....

Timeline
Arazia.....he doesn't want to call the xray clininc again just te be sure? Well, maybe they are doing things differently now, but from all the stories I have read about people doing the same thing they all have to go to the xray clinic first and then an hour or so later they have the doctor's appointment.....then again, like I said, maybe they have changed a few things.....

Em&Ed... That is what the x-ray clinic told him. It's too late now to call them again as it's too late there and they aren't open and tomorrow is the appointment. I'd prefer if he'd come on and explain himself rather than me answering for him, but right now he's refusing to do so.

I don't know what to say or do. He has confidence that everything will be fine and that the doctors know what they're doing. I guess I'll update when I actually have information on how it goes.

Timeline

Pieter went to the XRay appt first and to the medical after, and that was last month. When he called to schedule the medical exam for 9:30 AM, at the doctor's office they told him to call and schedule the XRay to be done at 8:30 AM (one hour before the exam)

Not to make you worry Arazia but, I would have him to double check that before going all the way to Amsterdam...

Good luck and hope everything goes fine!!

Our AOS Journey

Timeline
Not to make you worry Arazia but, I would have him to double check that before going all the way to Amsterdam...

No way to do so. He has to leave for Amsterdam before they even open in the morning.

:unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.