Mijndert

Netherlands

675 posts in this topic

Hi StoryAngel.....welcome :)

I'm so busy with work these days that I don't have a whole lot of time to check in here anymore.....work work work.....busy busy busy.....lol

Still waiting for my AOS to be approved.....the last time they touched it was 10/25 so I am sooooo hoping it will all come to an end soon!

How's everyone else doing?

StoryAngel.....might already be old news since it's a few days after your post, but there is a packet 3 and 4 in NL. I don't know whether you read through this whole thread or not but we yalked about it quite a but when we were all going through it. As far as I can remember package 4 contained the info about your sceduled interview and the doctor stuff and how to pay for the visa. If I am not mistaken package 3 contained a checklist with things you need to get and take with you to the interview. It's been a while for me so if I made any mistakes I hope someone will correct me, but for now that's all I can remember. Do know that you don't have to get the Dutch police thing yourself, it will be taken care of by the Consulate. About the shots I am not so sure. I don't know whether you have an 'inentingsboekje' or not. I don't see why you couldn't get te shots from your huisarts and then have all the stuff he gives you as proof that you did get the shots, but just to be sure you can try calling the Consulate with that question or maybe someone else on here has the answer for that.

I'll try to check in from time in here just to say hi or to up because we have fallen to page 2.....Boo!!!!

Take care all! (F)

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Heeeey it's nice to see you Em&Ed! :D Work, work, I can imagine, that's normal in here :lol: Pieter found a job and starts in a week, so he'll be busy busy work work too :dance: I hope that you get approved soon, a touch is always a hope!!! :thumbs:

StoryAngel,

Welcome to our NL corner! Like Em said, there is packet 3 + 4 for NL. My now husband received the check list and when he sent it back, he got packet 4 with interview date. That was on December 2006 so I am not sure if they have changed anything. Good luck!

Hi to all, hope everything is going fine and good luck to the ones that are still waiting!

Hugs,

edi :star:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well today was my medical so here my experience:

When i recieved Packet 4 it gave me the phone numbers of Dr. Schulte and of the Jan van Goyen Clinic in Amsterdam. You need to first call the dr. and then the clinic. So i got my appointments and filled in part of the forms that were in the packet too. Its not much and thet explain it well, just your info and passport number.

I took tram 24 (or you can take 16) to Museumplein which took 15mins. It was easy to find the drs office and so i got there 15 mins early. The assistent was really helpful and nice eventhough the phone was ringing non-stop. She prepared my papers (put stamps and dates) and wend through one of the forms. I cant remember which one it was but basically she wend through all the deseases and addictions possible. Very quick. (Good to know is that if you take any medicine, bring it with you or write down the name, they want to know it).

She then checked my vaccination book and i didnt need any more. MMR i had when i was 9 and DTP boost i did at my own dr. This is really advisable as it saves you lots of money. Also, do not take a vaccination add-on to your insurance, the money you pay extra is not worth it. DTP cost me 15euros. Then she told me to go ahead and go do the xray at the clinic. Im guessing because they were running late and i could come back later and be seen to straight away.

Sooooo i walked to the clinic (about 20mins if that) and there were some people there so i had to wait about 30mins. The xray took all of 5 mins and then I paid the 50 euros and left. They sent the xray once checked to the embassy.

Soooooo i walked aaaaall the way back to the dr. I was indeed seen to straight away. First by his son (also dr), he took blood. Then on to the office to do the examination. He asked some more questions about my medical history. Then he measured me, weighed me (i need to lose some pounds...) checked my blood pressure, eyes and mouth and then made me breath and listened to my heart and did some knocking on my chest and back. That was it. He explained me that if i wouldnt hear anything this week, all would be fine. All documents are being sent to the embassy. Oh yeah... and i paid 155 euros.

All in all it was pleasant and fast. My first appointment was at 10, then xray at 12pm, but somehow i walked to the trainstation at 12pm. Hmm.. Very flexible. The dr was nice and asked me all about my new home and husband.

So now; no news is good news!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I am doing ok, busy working. How are you girl, long time no see on msn.

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

Hey Jackyyyyyy!

I miss our msn conversations! You need to move to the east coast girl so we are in the same time zone.....lol :lol: . It seems when I am online in the morning you are still in bed with the 6 hour time difference and when I get home around 7.30 pm you are at work I guess. (and I admit I don't always go online when coming home.....too tired sometimes). Still we need to catch up soon though!

:luv:(F)

Timeline

haha can you get Andrew a good payed job?

No I know a better idea, you guys need to move here. Doesn't Ed love to surf?

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

9-19-2006 Medical

4-1-2007 our wedding day

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hey!

I arrived in Hampton, Virginia last wednesday on my CR1 visa! Everything is going great so far, busy with the jobhunt and loving time with my husband :)

I was just curious, anyone living in my area? And anyone else interested in msn contact about our experiences in our new country?

I allready contacted a dutch group in this area, but i figured why not look on this great site that helped me through this visa process withotu strangling somebody ;)

[b]I-130[/b][u][/u]

Sent through regular mail march 7 2007 to Vermont service center
NOA1 march 15 2007
transfered tot CSC on may 21 2007
NOA2 june 12 2007!!!!!

[b][/b][u][/u]NVC

received at NVC june 26 2007
aos and ds3032 sent out july 9th 2007
emailed choice of agent using james shortcuts on july 10 2007
paid AOS fee bill july 11 2007
I-864 generated july 24 2007
I-864 sent july 26 2007 (using shortcuts)
Choice of agent accepted and IV bill generated on july 25 2007
I-864 accepted on august 10 2007
IV bill payed on august 20 2007
IV bill accepted and DS230 generated on september 5 2007
DS230 sent in on september 8 2007 (using James shortcuts)
DS230 received by NVC on september 12 2007
[b]CASE COMPLETE ON SEPTEMBER 20 2007!!!!![/b]
Medical 30/10/2007
Interview november 6 2007 approved!!
Entered USA through Washington Dulles on november 28th 2007

[b]
I-129F[/b][u][/u]

sent through regular mail april 14 2007
NOA1 april 26 2007
Transferred to Vermont service center on may 15th 2007
Transferred to another USCIS office and pending there august 16th 2007 (yeah, that makes sense....)
Received RFE for missing birthcertificate on september 8th 2007, we are not gonna sent it in, since our I-130 is so far along...

Well I have my medical in A'dam tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it went afterwards!

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: Timeline
Well I have my medical in A'dam tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it went afterwards!

Good Luck! The doctor is very nice though, i am sure itll be a piece of cake! :thumbs:

[b]I-130[/b][u][/u]

Sent through regular mail march 7 2007 to Vermont service center
NOA1 march 15 2007
transfered tot CSC on may 21 2007
NOA2 june 12 2007!!!!!

[b][/b][u][/u]NVC

received at NVC june 26 2007
aos and ds3032 sent out july 9th 2007
emailed choice of agent using james shortcuts on july 10 2007
paid AOS fee bill july 11 2007
I-864 generated july 24 2007
I-864 sent july 26 2007 (using shortcuts)
Choice of agent accepted and IV bill generated on july 25 2007
I-864 accepted on august 10 2007
IV bill payed on august 20 2007
IV bill accepted and DS230 generated on september 5 2007
DS230 sent in on september 8 2007 (using James shortcuts)
DS230 received by NVC on september 12 2007
[b]CASE COMPLETE ON SEPTEMBER 20 2007!!!!![/b]
Medical 30/10/2007
Interview november 6 2007 approved!!
Entered USA through Washington Dulles on november 28th 2007

[b]
I-129F[/b][u][/u]

sent through regular mail april 14 2007
NOA1 april 26 2007
Transferred to Vermont service center on may 15th 2007
Transferred to another USCIS office and pending there august 16th 2007 (yeah, that makes sense....)
Received RFE for missing birthcertificate on september 8th 2007, we are not gonna sent it in, since our I-130 is so far along...

Timeline

goodluck with your medical.

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

9-19-2006 Medical

4-1-2007 our wedding day

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

Thanks all. I got back a short while ago and everything went fine with the medical part of this journey (so far so good!) Here's an account of my morning:

I had my chest x-ray booked for 9am at the Jan Gooyen Clinic. The x-ray place is around the back of the building. I was there a little early and there was another girl waiting (not for a visa x-ray). Nobody else seemed to be around so we stood outside for about 15 minutes till somebody let us in the waiting room. No sooner had I made myself some coffee than I was summoned! The x-ray was painless (if a little cold!) and took only a couple of minutes. I was on my way to Dr Schulte by 9.20am...

I decided to walk as it wasn't far and (for a change at the moment) it wasn't actually raining! It's not very far, and Dr Schulte's surgery is actually just around the corner from the American Consulate. I was there soon after 9.30am and within 10 minutes the son was taking my blood, checking my vaccination booklet and generally being very pleasant and friendly. Incidentally, when I saw the receptionist I thought she looked exactly as she had sounded on the phone! Again, a really nice lady. Then I had to go back into the waiting room, where there were about 4 other people who all seemed to have envelopes that looked suspiciously like packet 4! :)

I waited till nearly 10.30am (my appointment scheduled for 10am) then the receptionist asked to see my forms, passport, vaccination booklet (again) and asked me to sign various papers. Dr Schulte came in and invited me into his office. We sat talking for quite some time, and I discovered that his wife is a French teacher and when he found out I spoke French (it's my second language, Dutch is my third) we continued the rest of my appointment switching between three languages which was quite fun! He asked me questions about my medical history, weighed and measured me (the stress of being apart from my SO for so long means I've lost weight!), checked my eyes and mouth, then listened to my heart, chest and back. All in all, pretty thorough but not intrusive, and he really is a pleasant guy. He said he didn't find anything abnormal and as long as I don't hear anything before my interview (in one week) then that means the blood tests and x-ray are also normal.

Simple! Another step completed in this process :)

--------------------

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Dutch folks and the people who love them: I have a friend who lives in the Netherlands and is married to a Dutch guy. She was in a master's program there for 2 years, but now it is ending (and so is her student visa) so she is going to go back to Chicago soon. I'm trying to help her figure out how to bring her husband here, but the information I'm getting from all sorts of places on the internet is really confusing me. Is there DCF there now? What does it require? I searched VJ but found conflicting info too. Does anyone have an accurate link?

Also, if DCF is an option, can they file and then she can move back here while they wait?

I'm really sorry to bother you about this, but thanks for listening!

Cheers!

Edited by Alex+R

I was APPROVED at my K1 interview today!!! :))))) You can read about it in the review I wrote. Everything went fine... now we wait and pray my passport gets sent quickly so I can spend Christmas with my family!!

--------------------

Timeline

congratz.

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

9-19-2006 Medical

4-1-2007 our wedding day

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.