HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I personally think you got lucky. The USCIS website states:

A-20293676

Decided by Board January 16, 1976

(1) Petitioners and applicants for immigration benefits are required by 8 CFR 103.2(B) to provide certified English translations of any foreign language documents they submit; the Service should likewise provide certified English translations of relevant foreign documents it submits in evidence in such proceedings.

My point is, why take a chance? If you get them translated, you get a nice official looking stamp from the translation service which is "certified." It doesn't cost that much.

It was not only me who has done their own translation. From what I have read on VJ, many have done it for both K-1 and AOS (I did). If you are fluent in English and capable of translating the documents, you can certify your own translation using the statement provided here on the VJ page (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=translations). I personally do not think I got lucky -twice- for both K-1 and AOS. :)

To Bonobo: It is up to you what you would like to do. I just told you what I think is doable based on my experience. It was more than a year or so ago, so USCIS may change its rule regarding the translation. Other people with very recent experiences should be able to tell you more accurately about this matter.

Anyway, good luck. :)

Edited by ladywhite

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
My fiancee was in Roi Et and started pricing picture shops (2 Thai dresses, one outfit for me) and the lowest she could find ONLY TO TAKE PHOTOS was 8,000 BAHT!

We paid about 5000 baht for our silk rentals, and the make up girls to come the morning of the ceremony. We did not have pictures included with this, we took our own. You have to remember, you are being hit with the Farang tax :) But the price doesn't sound to out of line, especially when you think about the cost of camera, and how often they proably get hired to do pictures in Roi Et. On a side note we were going to have the dress and suit made in Bangkok, and it was about 4000 baht, but we ran out of time when we were headed to Buriram for the ceremony.

My dilemma also is I have to have x amount in my accounts for the interview but I wouldn't have it if we do the ceremony before the interview and my friend leaves 4/4/09.

Don't worry about that. Just print the statements before hand, then take the money out.

I personally do not think I got lucky -twice- for both K-1 and AOS.

Why risk a denial for a few hundred baht. Get your documents translated from a certitified translator and don't give them a reason to raise the red flag. It may have just been the fact they did not scrutinize your documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I personally think you got lucky. The USCIS website states:

A-20293676

Decided by Board January 16, 1976

(1) Petitioners and applicants for immigration benefits are required by 8 CFR 103.2(B) to provide certified English translations of any foreign language documents they submit; the Service should likewise provide certified English translations of relevant foreign documents it submits in evidence in such proceedings.

My point is, why take a chance? If you get them translated, you get a nice official looking stamp from the translation service which is "certified." It doesn't cost that much.

It was not only me who has done their own translation. From what I have read on VJ, many have done it for both K-1 and AOS (I did). If you are fluent in English and capable of translating the documents, you can certify your own translation using the statement provided here on the VJ page (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=translations). I personally do not think I got lucky -twice- for both K-1 and AOS. :)

To Bonobo: It is up to you what you would like to do. I just told you what I think is doable based on my experience. It was more than a year or so ago, so USCIS may change its rule regarding the translation. Other people with very recent experiences should be able to tell you more accurately about this matter.

Go for it. Do it yourself!

My fiancee was in Roi Et and started pricing picture shops (2 Thai dresses, one outfit for me) and the lowest she could find ONLY TO TAKE PHOTOS was 8,000 BAHT!

We paid about 5000 baht for our silk rentals, and the make up girls to come the morning of the ceremony. We did not have pictures included with this, we took our own. You have to remember, you are being hit with the Farang tax :) But the price doesn't sound to out of line, especially when you think about the cost of camera, and how often they proably get hired to do pictures in Roi Et. On a side note we were going to have the dress and suit made in Bangkok, and it was about 4000 baht, but we ran out of time when we were headed to Buriram for the ceremony.

My dilemma also is I have to have x amount in my accounts for the interview but I wouldn't have it if we do the ceremony before the interview and my friend leaves 4/4/09.

Don't worry about that. Just print the statements before hand, then take the money out.

I personally do not think I got lucky -twice- for both K-1 and AOS.

Why risk a denial for a few hundred baht. Get your documents translated from a certitified translator and don't give them a reason to raise the red flag. It may have just been the fact they did not scrutinize your documents.

Exactly!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Hopefully all the experienced ones have also switched over to this new thread. I do agree that perhaps it should be in the SE asia area and not K-1 as there are plenty of us going through Thailand for visas other than the K-1 can we switch it?

Speaking of which does anyone have experience with switching a K-3 interview for a CR-1 interview? Has this been successful to anyone's knowledge in BKK?

And to repeat Birch-Beer's question those who have interviewed for a K-3 or CR-1 at BKK has it been less demanding that that described here about people's recent experiences with the K-1? Personally we have lot's of pictures, no emails, and no phone records. Most of our relationship we have been in the same place. When we haven't we have had different phone numbers (for example I have traveled back to the US a couple times but each time gotten a new cell phone number and he has been here in Thailand for one of my trips and in Israel for the other trip so different cell phone numbers) so even the records I could get might not be too convincing. Besides affadavits any other ideas for evidence they might like.

Finally, a question about interviewing in Thai. Does any one have any experience with their beneficiary interviewing in Thai? I speak Thai fluently therefore we speak Thai together. He speaks Hebrew fairly fluently as do I, however his English is minimal. I have heard it is possible to interview in Thai, but does anyone have any experience?

Thanks so much,

Noi

P.S. One more question - if they are unsatisfied with our I-864 will they normally tell you to come back with more info or just deny you? We are borderline and but don't have anyone who I feel comfortable asking to co-sponsor.

I-130
22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-175
02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1

4/18/2011-Biometrics

N-400
GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Interview:
Oath:
Field Office: Detroit

Divorced 11/19/2020

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Hopefully all the experienced ones have also switched over to this new thread. I do agree that perhaps it should be in the SE asia area and not K-1 as there are plenty of us going through Thailand for visas other than the K-1 can we switch it?

Speaking of which does anyone have experience with switching a K-3 interview for a CR-1 interview? Has this been successful to anyone's knowledge in BKK?

I haven't seen this in BKK yet. I do know that the rule is if CR-1 is available at the time of the interview, the must inter view for that visa, not the K-3

And to repeat Birch-Beer's question those who have interviewed for a K-3 or CR-1 at BKK has it been less demanding that that described here about people's recent experiences with the K-1? Personally we have lot's of pictures, no emails, and no phone records. Most of our relationship we have been in the same place. When we haven't we have had different phone numbers (for example I have traveled back to the US a couple times but each time gotten a new cell phone number and he has been here in Thailand for one of my trips and in Israel for the other trip so different cell phone numbers) so even the records I could get might not be too convincing. Besides affadavits any other ideas for evidence they might like.

Finally, a question about interviewing in Thai. Does any one have any experience with their beneficiary interviewing in Thai? I speak Thai fluently therefore we speak Thai together.

I have this same dilema. I speak to my wife in Thai, so I am concerned about his as well. Another VJ member "Mommy" says it is best to try to do the interview in English as much as possible. I agree with ther. I'll know more about this in 2 weeks. He speaks Hebrew fairly fluently as do I, however his English is minimal. I have heard it is possible to interview in Thai, but does anyone have any experience?

Thanks so much,

Noi

P.S. One more question - if they are unsatisfied with our I-864 will they normally tell you to come back with more info or just deny you?If you are going the CR-1 route, NVC will decide if yo meet the requirements. The embassy has nothing to with it. They only get involved if you go the K-3 route with I-134 We are borderline and but don't have anyone who I feel comfortable asking to co-sponsor.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
Hello everyone,

I haven't seen this in BKK yet. I do know that the rule is if CR-1 is available at the time of the interview, the must inter view for that visa, not the K-3

Finally, a question about interviewing in Thai. Does any one have any experience with their beneficiary interviewing in Thai? I speak Thai fluently therefore we speak Thai together.

I have this same dilema. I speak to my wife in Thai, so I am concerned about his as well. Another VJ member "Mommy" says it is best to try to do the interview in English as much as possible. I agree with ther. I'll know more about this in 2 weeks. He speaks Hebrew fairly fluently as do I, however his English is minimal. I have heard it is possible to interview in Thai, but does anyone have any experience?

Thanks so much,

Noi

P.S. One more question - if they are unsatisfied with our I-864 will they normally tell you to come back with more info or just deny you?If you are going the CR-1 route, NVC will decide if yo meet the requirements. The embassy has nothing to with it. They only get involved if you go the K-3 route with I-134 We are borderline and but don't have anyone who I feel comfortable asking to co-sponsor.

Hi, K. Noi, They would ask if he needs someone to translate into Thai of what the interviewer asks him, my suggestion is he could ask someone to translate the question but if it is possible at all for him to speak abit of English when he answers, that would be better, just from my opinion. I had the interview for my K-1 years ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it. Our I-129F is already sent, but in the future I think we should probably get the documents translated by a third party (a third party with a stamp) just to be safe.

Thanks!!

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-21

Check Cashed: 2009-01-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-30

NVC Received :2009-05-02

NVC Left :2009-05-07

Consulate Received :2009-05-20

Packet 3 Received :2009-07-10

Packet 3 Sent :2009-07-10

Packet 4 Received :2009-07-14

Interview Date : 2009-07-28

Visa Received : 2009-07-30

POE (JFK) : 2009-08-10

Married!!: 2009-10-16

AOS sent: 2010-02-17

Electronic notification of receipt: 2010-02-26

I-486, 765 & 131 NOAs: 2010-03-01

Biometric appointment NOA: 2010-03-08

Transfer to CA service center NOA: 2010-03-18

Biometrics appointment: 2010-03-23

Permanent Residence NOA: 2010-05-03

Perm Res card issued: 2010-05-03

Advance Parole issued: 2010-05-03

EAD card issued: 2010-05-03

Timeline

Thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it. Our I-129F is already sent, but in the future I think we should probably get the documents translated by a third party (a third party with a stamp) just to be safe.

Thanks!!

I just thought I'd point out --- Bonobo, you asked about sending her (beneficiary) birth certificate for I-129F petition. Insofar as I know, that's not necessary at all! You don't need a certified or non-certified or any birth certificate for her, only your own (as the petitioner).

Once you get your NOA2 approval, get through NVC, then she will be completing Packet 3 for the K-1 visa application. At that stage she will need her birth certificate and other items. That birth certificate I think can be presented in Thai for the interview, it need not be translated at all.

However we decided to get it translated with a certification of authenticity. Partly for reasons stated here by others (Aaron et al), why take a chance? Makes things smoother at interview, doesn't cost much. But also because thinking two steps ahead, she will likely need this when she arrives in the US. To get married where I live, in DuPage County Illinois, she will need the certified birth certificate translation to English. So we just went ahead and did it.

Hello everyone,

Finally, a question about interviewing in Thai. Does any one have any experience with their beneficiary interviewing in Thai? I speak Thai fluently therefore we speak Thai together. He speaks Hebrew fairly fluently as do I, however his English is minimal. I have heard it is possible to interview in Thai, but does anyone have any experience?

Thanks so much,

Noi

P.S. One more question - if they are unsatisfied with our I-864 will they normally tell you to come back with more info or just deny you? We are borderline and but don't have anyone who I feel comfortable asking to co-sponsor.

Hi Noi,

They did ask my DIL how they communicated when not together. That was for a K-3 back in July. They just had some phone bills with the calls highlighted - nothing fancy. There were also a couple of postmarked envelopes, too.

Thai Mom

Timeline

I've given up waiting. I'd think only pictures for the RFE would take a couple days but nothing. I guess I'll be one of those 9-12 monthers.

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline
OK new question.

Feeling very frustrated.

Got touched 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 2/6 but no NOA2 YET!

Hi hyena.

My suggestion: chill. Take a deep breath. relax. It's all gonna work out. In a few months when you're in the US with your fiance, you'll look back on this as just a case of bridegroom nerves :P

We had our "engagement ceremony" or "Buddhist wedding ceremony" or whatever you want to call it, in Bangkok in September. (My gal comes from BKK, not upcountry). We did NOT register at amphur, hence the K-1 approach is perfectly valid, we are NOT married. I'm assuming you are planning to do same. Nonetheless, I've been advised, and would suggest to you, do NOT bring this up as a topic of conversation at the interview. If asked, I'm instructing my honey to tell the truth. No lies. But no need to bring it up.

As to cost, our ceremony cost about 60,000 Baht. That included meal, service, etc. for ~80 guests, monks, including feeding of monks, and all ceremonial stuff. Dowry extra, photos extra. She had a makeup artist come to do her hair, makeup, etc. I think that was about 2-3000, as I recall. We went with traditional Thai silk clothes, a matching gold dress for her, and gold suit for me. It was custom tailored for us and we had the option to rent it and return it for about 5000B, or keep it for 7500B. She wanted to rent, I said for that price differential we should hang onto it as a keepsake. I hope to use them in our small civil marriage ceremony in the US.

So, I think based on that, 8000B to rent the clothes, esp. if they are off the rack and were not tailored for you - that sounds expensive. But since you refer to it as "picture shops", if it includes photos, maybe that's reasonable. (Why do you want photos in a shop? Aren't photos at the ceremony enough?)

About money, you write: "I have to have x amount in my accounts for the interview".

Why? You need to have bank statements for the interview. Not necessarily cash on hand. I'm buying a house. I sent my honey bank statements that include the funds I'm using for my downpayment. By next week when I close, those funds won't be in my account, they will be in my equity in the house. I don't see any problem with that. The statements are still recent and go to show my financial health. I think you can do the same - if you need the money for something (e.g. wedding ceremony), just make sure you have statements from before you make the withdrawal.

Good luck. And remember, deep breaths.

Thank you for your post. Yes many of your assumptions are correct. I have no idea why she wants to use a shop. Likely because her house is more of a barn and there's no nice place to take pics (although i think outside is nice). She said "everybody" does the professional photos, etc. I'm just burt out worrying about what everybody wants, opinions, etc. The saving face thing is opposite to the Buddhism i know...just burnt on it all. The waiting is taking a toll, also. Yesterday she recited everything I'd done wrong in out entire relationship. I asked her if she was trying to sabotage it or what's the deal but she went on for 2 hours. At this point, I could get that from anyone...farang or Thai. I'm taking a break from it all and no worrying anymore. If what I have/don't have is/is not enough, it's not my problem; it's not meant to be. If it works, great. So much cultural difference that's taking too much of a toll on waiting for something that may not happen....ugh!

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
OK new question.

Feeling very frustrated.

Hi hyena.

My suggestion: chill. Take a deep breath. relax. It's all gonna work out. In a few months when you're in the US with your fiance, you'll look back on this as just a case of bridegroom nerves :P

We had our "engagement ceremony" or "Buddhist wedding ceremony" or whatever you want to call it, in Bangkok in September. (My gal comes from BKK, not upcountry). We did NOT register at amphur, hence the K-1 approach is perfectly valid, we are NOT married. I'm assuming you are planning to do same. Nonetheless, I've been advised, and would suggest to you, do NOT bring this up as a topic of conversation at the interview. If asked, I'm instructing my honey to tell the truth. No lies. But no need to bring it up.

As to cost, our ceremony cost about 60,000 Baht. That included meal, service, etc. for ~80 guests, monks, including feeding of monks, and all ceremonial stuff. Dowry extra, photos extra. She had a makeup artist come to do her hair, makeup, etc. I think that was about 2-3000, as I recall. We went with traditional Thai silk clothes, a matching gold dress for her, and gold suit for me. It was custom tailored for us and we had the option to rent it and return it for about 5000B, or keep it for 7500B. She wanted to rent, I said for that price differential we should hang onto it as a keepsake. I hope to use them in our small civil marriage ceremony in the US.

So, I think based on that, 8000B to rent the clothes, esp. if they are off the rack and were not tailored for you - that sounds expensive. But since you refer to it as "picture shops", if it includes photos, maybe that's reasonable. (Why do you want photos in a shop? Aren't photos at the ceremony enough?)

About money, you write: "I have to have x amount in my accounts for the interview".

Why? You need to have bank statements for the interview. Not necessarily cash on hand. I'm buying a house. I sent my honey bank statements that include the funds I'm using for my downpayment. By next week when I close, those funds won't be in my account, they will be in my equity in the house. I don't see any problem with that. The statements are still recent and go to show my financial health. I think you can do the same - if you need the money for something (e.g. wedding ceremony), just make sure you have statements from before you make the withdrawal.

Thank you for your post. Yes many of your assumptions are correct. I have no idea why she wants to use a shop. Likely because her house is more of a barn and there's no nice place to take pics (although i think outside is nice). She said "everybody" does the professional photos, etc. I'm just burt out worrying about what everybody wants, opinions, etc. The saving face thing is opposite to the Buddhism i know...just burnt on it all. The waiting is taking a toll, also. Yesterday she recited everything I'd done wrong in out entire relationship. I asked her if she was trying to sabotage it or what's the deal but she went on for 2 hours. At this point, I could get that from anyone...farang or Thai. I'm taking a break from it all and no worrying anymore. If what I have/don't have is/is not enough, it's not my problem; it's not meant to be. If it works, great. So much cultural difference that's taking too much of a toll on waiting for something that may not happen....ugh!

Throw a big party at 13 coins. Get a Karaoke room. Buy some food, whiskey and soda, and be done with it.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
OK new question.

Feeling very frustrated.

Hi hyena.

Throw a big party at 13 coins. Get a Karaoke room. Buy some food, whiskey and soda, and be done with it.

I'm not footing the bill to bus 30-40 people down to BKK plus hotels, etc. She's been married before; re thinking sinsod, etc (i understand pre-marrieds don't do sin sod). never talked about money so much in my life. #######...just rethinking everything

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
OK new question.

Feeling very frustrated.

Hi hyena.

I'm not footing the bill to bus 30-40 people down to BKK plus hotels, etc. She's been married before; re thinking sinsod, etc (i understand pre-marrieds don't do sin sod). never talked about money so much in my life. #######...just rethinking everything

Figure out what you are TOTALLY comfortable spending on the ceremony and let them adjust to it. We didn't have a ceremony in Thailand and spent very little on our wedding here in the states. My wife and her family never once hinted at this being a problem. I was always up front about what I was comfortable with, what I was not comfortable with, and I think they were very aware of the score going in. We'll be heading back to Thailand in June, for the first time since our wedding, and I plan on throwing a party.

Daboyz - 13 coins, karaoke, food, whiskey, and soda sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Good Luck,

Dvd

Timeline
OK new question.

Feeling very frustrated.

Hi hyena.

I think they have the same kinda places up-country. Probably cheaper.

The money thing is a pain. My first G/F bled me dry. At the end of it all, I ended up at Lat Phrao police station with a knife wound. Looking back on it, I'm glad it didn't work out with her, or I woulda never met my wife.

I never gave my wife's family 1 baht for sin sot. Maybe that makes me a bad farang, I don't know. Although when they need a few thousand baht my wife gives it to them from my account. It's never more than 3k baht or something like that. Usually 1k baht. Keep in mind, the starting salary for 4 year college graduate in Bangkok is 20k baht month. My wifes parents are rice farmers in Isaan.

I am actually going to stay in Si Sa Ket when I go to pick her up this time. Never been before, even though I lived in Thailand. I'm thinking I'll slip her mom 20k baht, and give her my wife's ATM card because it's cheaper to send money over there that way. Also, with the stipulation that she doesn't tell my wife's father or brother about it. Wife says they are gonna have a big party for me on my arrival. I'll probably pay for it in some way, which is actually fine with me. After reading on the stories on this site, it seems I am getting off light.

Back to the first girl, she totally took advantage of me. My farang friends in Bangkok all knew it, and didn't say anything. Even if they had, I wouldn't have listened. I am not saying you are in the same situation, but felt like I should relay a little of the 3 years I spent in Bangkok.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.