HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was hoping some one could help me. My fiancee and I are working on packet 3 to send to the embassy in Bangkok. The link for the checklist that was sent to her in the mail provides an English only checklist (Rev. May-2009) which has conflicting information with the checklist that is posted on the embassy page in the packet 3 area. The checklist that is provided by the link they sent, says that we need to send all of the forms (I-134, DS 156, 156K, 157 and 230) along with the DS-2001. Basically everything.

The other checklist and the web page says to only send the signed checklist, DS-230, photocopy of the passport and two photos to have the interview scheduled. It goes on to say bring everything else to the interview.

I was just there visiting her and we were both scratching our heads at this. Sending all of the forms is not a problem, I just don't want to send everything when we don't have to, or worse yet, not follow the process correctly. If anyone has any ionformation they can share I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping some one could help me. My fiancee and I are working on packet 3 to send to the embassy in Bangkok. The link for the checklist that was sent to her in the mail provides an English only checklist (Rev. May-2009) which has conflicting information with the checklist that is posted on the embassy page in the packet 3 area. The checklist that is provided by the link they sent, says that we need to send all of the forms (I-134, DS 156, 156K, 157 and 230) along with the DS-2001. Basically everything.

The other checklist and the web page says to only send the signed checklist, DS-230, photocopy of the passport and two photos to have the interview scheduled. It goes on to say bring everything else to the interview.

I was just there visiting her and we were both scratching our heads at this. Sending all of the forms is not a problem, I just don't want to send everything when we don't have to, or worse yet, not follow the process correctly. If anyone has any ionformation they can share I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

Crazy. I would err on the side of sending too much. And bring a copy of everything, too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee also just got P3. I only have seen the cover page which she scanned and dropped into Messenger when we were chatting Sunday morning my time. I have not seen the page where it lists the documents and what to do.

I did receive an email with instructions when I sent the Bangkok Embassy an email asking if they had her case. The response makes sense.

===== Start Clipping from Embassy =====

"In order to schedule an interview appointment, the IV Unit has to receive these following documents from the applicant through the mail.

DS-230 Part I

Signed checklist

2 frontal photographs

a photocopy of the applicant's passport photo page

and photocopies of all required application documents listed in the Packet 3 checklist.

This is to make sure that the applicant will have all application documents on the interview day. Please do not mail any original official documents, such as the original birth certificate, original passport to the IV Unit by mail..."

===== End from Embassy =====

Good luck.

Robert

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

My fiancee just had her interview at the end of March. We followed the checklist that was on the Embassy website.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/k_instructions_package_may09.pdf

She had her interview scheduled 3 days after sending Packet 3 to the embassy and had no issues at the interview. So if you follow the directions on the checklist that is on the Embassy website, you will have no issues. Don't know what happens if you don't.

Also, I think all the directions are consistent in that all forms must be submitted. The only question I had was whether or not original documents needed to be mailed back with Packet 3. That is what seems to be inconsistent. We sent the original forms that we filled out.

Timeline

Hey Thailand fiance(e)s and farangs. Did anybody have any trouble at the Embassy with the I-134?I want to know if anyone had trouble for not submitting a Bank Letter. I do not think it is important but I am just wondering.

I have the I-134 form

Letter from Employer

Pay stubs, 6 months

3 years Tax Returns with W-2's and 1099's

Bank statements, 6 months

Thanks to all

I did not have a letter from my bank or from my employer. I had all of my bank statements from the past year, tax return transcripts for 2007 and 2008, a copy of my tax returns for 2009, pay stubs for the past 3 months, and personnel actions forms for the past year. There were no issues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tax transcripts

Tax transcripts

That's what they want.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Also, I think all the directions are consistent in that all forms must be submitted. The only question I had was whether or not original documents needed to be mailed back with Packet 3. That is what seems to be inconsistent. We sent the original forms that we filled out.

I absolutely agree. They want to receive all forms when you submit your Packet 3 for scheduling the interview. I think they might have changed from requesting ALL ORIGINALs (written on the web site) to only DS-230 is original and ALL other forms are COPIEs so originals are not lost in the mail.

Another difference is the email instructions only want a copy of the Passport photo page whereas the web site says a copy of the entire Passport. I don't think it matters which you do.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

I absolutely agree. They want to receive all forms when you submit your Packet 3 for scheduling the interview. I think they might have changed from requesting ALL ORIGINALs (written on the web site) to only DS-230 is original and ALL other forms are COPIEs so originals are not lost in the mail.

Another difference is the email instructions only want a copy of the Passport photo page whereas the web site says a copy of the entire Passport. I don't think it matters which you do.

I do not plan on ordering tax transcripts. The packet 3 says "a copy of the petitioner's tax return (1040) for the most recent tax year. I hope I am not setting myself up for failure.

2010-02-26: Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS Priority

2010-02-27: Recieved by CSC

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-02: Check Cashed

2010-04-20: "Touched"

2010-04-20: USCIS Online NOA2 Approval (No email or text received)

2010-04-26: NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

2010-04-26: Confirmed NVC received

2010-04-28: NVC Shipped case to Bangkok Embassy

2010-05-03: Embassy recieved

2010-05-05: Packet 3 sent to Embassy

2010-05-10: Embassy received Packet 3

2010-06-01: Ying receives phone call from US Embassy about interview date.

2010-06-22: Interview Passed!! Experience

2010-06-29: Pick up VISA

2010-07-02: Fly to USA

Timeline

Question:

How do you think the recent political climate in Bangkok will effect future interview dates? My thoughts are that the embassy will stay open as long their is not a immediate threat to the embassy employees. Or if some group decides to protest near the embassy area where the employees cannot access the embassy. This whole mess has me nervous that some how this problem will interfere with our plans. Anyone else have any advice? I am stressing this.

2010-02-26: Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS Priority

2010-02-27: Recieved by CSC

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-02: Check Cashed

2010-04-20: "Touched"

2010-04-20: USCIS Online NOA2 Approval (No email or text received)

2010-04-26: NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

2010-04-26: Confirmed NVC received

2010-04-28: NVC Shipped case to Bangkok Embassy

2010-05-03: Embassy recieved

2010-05-05: Packet 3 sent to Embassy

2010-05-10: Embassy received Packet 3

2010-06-01: Ying receives phone call from US Embassy about interview date.

2010-06-22: Interview Passed!! Experience

2010-06-29: Pick up VISA

2010-07-02: Fly to USA

Timeline

Question:

How do you think the recent political climate in Bangkok will effect future interview dates? My thoughts are that the embassy will stay open as long their is not a immediate threat to the embassy employees. Or if some group decides to protest near the embassy area where the employees cannot access the embassy. This whole mess has me nervous that some how this problem will interfere with our plans. Anyone else have any advice? I am stressing this.

No advice but I have the same fears right now. I'm starting to worry about being able to get a timely interview, and also I'm flying to thailand in 3 weeks. I'm hoping the airports are left alone

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Timeline

I do not plan on ordering tax transcripts. The packet 3 says "a copy of the petitioner's tax return (1040) for the most recent tax year. I hope I am not setting myself up for failure.

I used my tax 1040, I didn't do tax transcripts you should be fine. Just remember to print the entire return with all the forms attached.

Timeline

The 1040 should be fine if you have all of the Schedules attached and the W-2 and 1099's. I think the W-2 and 1099's (if applicable) are very important.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

No advice but I have the same fears right now. I'm starting to worry about being able to get a timely interview, and also I'm flying to thailand in 3 weeks. I'm hoping the airports are left alone

I was there in March for two weeks. The first weekend I was there was the scheduled March 14 Rally. Nothing really happened. It has become much worse as we all know.

I just wanted to say I went to the Airport twice, once for a flight to Chiang Mai and once for my final departure back to the US. I noticed they had a Not Heavily re-enforced barricade on the Freeway about 3/4 mile from the main Airport where traffic was narrowed to one lane from 3 or 4. I think this is an attempt to stop an incoming group of protesters. I only saw three or four soldiers manning this barricade. If that is the purpose, I hope it will keep protesters out.

Good luck on your trip.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

For anyone going for an interview soon, err on the side of caution. The embassy is referring a lot of cases for AP if they are missing any little thing they want to see and are taking months to get around to finally looking at it all. So it's better to "front load" for the interview. Have her take anything you think might have been not put in the original application to show the relationship.

Timeline

Here is my suggestion to you:

Never do just the minimum. The minimum is for those that do everything perfect. You have to appear as though you have nothing to hide, that you are showing them everything. When you do the minimum it can appear as if you are hiding something, so they will dig deeper.

When I was putting together the evidence, I approached it as I was putting together a novel. I arranged the evidence in a way that told a story. I broke it up into chapters. Each chapter had a cover page and a quick summary. This is your only chance and opportunity to lead them down the path you want them to go. Tell them what your story is, and don't allow them to tell you your story. Whenever you don't provide something you are allowing them to tell you your story. Their story for you will be the worst case scenario.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.