HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

@toma1, i finally found a solid airfare to bkk in june...746.33!

KangLang... can you let me know where you found this fare? I really do know someone that would go if they can get that price.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

KangLang... can you let me know where you found this fare? I really do know someone that would go if they can get that price.

Yes, it is very good if it includes all taxes and other charges. Last time I was very happy with a fare of about $810.00 but when I clicked purchase I think it ended up almost $1000 because of taxes and other surcharges. It was like $960. I couldn't believe it.

That $750 might be without taxes and other add-ons.

Naturalization N-400

i got the fare through asaptickets.com taxes included. i have used them before 3 or 4 times. the customer service is mediocre but the tix are cheap so there you have it. you go to the website plug in your dates of travel and then you are given a discount code, you must call and speak to a live person as there is no option to purchase online. this is where they try to hoodwink you into buying a business class fare etc. but be patient you will be able to secure the quoted rate.

best of luck!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

i got the fare through asaptickets.com taxes included. i have used them before 3 or 4 times. the customer service is mediocre but the tix are cheap so there you have it. you go to the website plug in your dates of travel and then you are given a discount code, you must call and speak to a live person as there is no option to purchase online. this is where they try to hoodwink you into buying a business class fare etc. but be patient you will be able to secure the quoted rate.

best of luck!

So the fare that appears after you select your airports is the bottom line everything included coach fare?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Some sites quote you a price including tax and some don't. You just have to really look at what the fare is. They will usually say $750 (incl. tax and fees) or $750 and give you an option to see what the full price is or

estimated taxes. And yes, if you are flying as US airline the taxes can run $150 or more round trip. If you book on a foreign carrier the taxes are usually much cheaper. Have no clue why. But I still stick with a US airline

unless I can get the same miles on the foreign carrier for my status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I always fly ANA to go to BKK. I am able to select the emergency exit row in the bulkhead for no additional charge. It makes for a comfortable flight to/from Tokyo. They have an extensive movie selection and video games. The movie selection is about 30 American movies to choose from and they are good movies. They started showing Avatar already. The flight attendants are very helpful and nice. The food is tasty. Plus it only costs about $1200-1400 from the East coast in June. They are also a Star Alliance member.

Timeline

I always fly ANA to go to BKK. I am able to select the emergency exit row in the bulkhead for no additional charge. It makes for a comfortable flight to/from Tokyo. They have an extensive movie selection and video games. The movie selection is about 30 American movies to choose from and they are good movies. They started showing Avatar already. The flight attendants are very helpful and nice. The food is tasty. Plus it only costs about $1200-1400 from the East coast in June. They are also a Star Alliance member.

:thumbs:

I usually prefer ANA as well.

Timeline

:thumbs:

I usually prefer ANA as well.

Actually, let me amend that. I hate the food on ANA, but everything else is outstanding, especially the movie selection. I've never had good food on an airline anyway though. I flew once where they, among other movies, featured a long set of Clint Eastwood films. They always have cool stuff like that.

So the fare that appears after you select your airports is the bottom line everything included coach fare?

yep this was all tax included.

@t&j i am a slave to the united mileage program too, what is the mileage % on ana? i know that for asiana (my new favourite) it was 70% on the economy fare. it was totally worth it to lose the mileage to be treated so well and the food was tasty on board (well the korean food was good my mom said the western food was awful).

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

yep this was all tax included.

@t&j i am a slave to the united mileage program too, what is the mileage % on ana? i know that for asiana (my new favourite) it was 70% on the economy fare. it was totally worth it to lose the mileage to be treated so well and the food was tasty on board (well the korean food was good my mom said the western food was awful).

Singapore Air:

good food

free changes

refundable -$100

100% mileage on CO/star alliance

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I personally like American Airlines...maybe that's because now I am Platinum with them and they put me in business class to Japan on the 777 and the same home. JAL puts me in business seats but it's not a true business class and you get the regular food, which on JAL is ####### for sure!!! One nice thing about at least JAL is that when they see someone leave the bathroom they go right in and tidy it up, fold the toilet paper ends, etc. Noting worse than going into a bathroom on the plane and it's a mess. But I do love the food in business and the ice cream sundae I get after dinner. It's not worth it to me to switch mileage programs now when I have so many with AA and get the free upgrades.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm traveling to Thailand. Arriving May 17. What are the odds the yellow shirts protest at the airport again? I hear they will start protests themselves against the red shirts.

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

I'm traveling to Thailand. Arriving May 17. What are the odds the yellow shirts protest at the airport again? I hear they will start protests themselves against the red shirts.

Only a guess, but I think pretty low. They lost a LOT of supporters the last time they did that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hard to say. I just got back. I went down to the red shirt protest. They gave me a red shirt to wear and I partied down there with them for awhile. More or less out of curiousity. A couple hours after I left they got in some kind of gun battle with the soldiers. Apparently 13 people got killed and 80 wounded. Looking back it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

I dont really agree with what they are doing, but they were really nice to me. I guess not too many farangs go there. Oh well, I got a cool looking red shirt out of the deal.

Hard to say. I just got back. I went down to the red shirt protest. They gave me a red shirt to wear and I partied down there with them for awhile. More or less out of curiousity. A couple hours after I left they got in some kind of gun battle with the soldiers. Apparently 13 people got killed and 80 wounded. Looking back it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

I dont really agree with what they are doing, but they were really nice to me. I guess not too many farangs go there. Oh well, I got a cool looking red shirt out of the deal.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

If my wife caught me in a red shirt, I would never hear the end of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.