HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Either of the email addresses listed in the guide here will work. I would use both. Sometimes they respond to one and not the other. Neither one is more reliable than the other based on my experience, but they did respond to about 75% of my emails.

@rsn - OK, dummy me. Thanks for the URL. That answered a lot of my questions.

ONE last question (probably not really last). Does fiancee need NOA2 or a letter from the Embassy to have the medical done or can she simply take in the photos, the DS forms and of course the money to get the medical done ??? It seems like no letter is required since someone suggested you can go immediately after NOA2 or even NOA1.

Thanks again

Naturalization N-400

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

@rsn and @rin and john, Thanks for replies and information.

It does not seem helpful if Packet 4 shows up after the interview date.

The email address was once given by "daboyz" I think. Does anyone know what email address to use. He added a 2 in it... something like "bkkvisa2"?

I would rather contact them than my fiancee. She is overwhelmed by the process.

Edited to Add: Happy Songkran to ALL.

Packet 4 is the interview date letter. My experiance was same as Johns. If you know your case is in BKK just send in the P 3 info & they will set the interview date & let you know by letter & Email. Youi can find on their web site the interview schedual to see how busy they are & find your own date if you give them time to post it. Lately they have been giving the interviews very quickly after they have the P 3 so the schedual may not be current.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

ONE last question (probably not really last). Does fiancee need NOA2 or a letter from the Embassy to have the medical done or can she simply take in the photos, the DS forms and of course the money to get the medical done ??? It seems like no letter is required since someone suggested you can go immediately after NOA2 or even NOA1.

Thanks again

Not sure if you need your NOA2 for the medical, bring it anyway just in case. You don't need a letter from the embassy though.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Thanks again

She can go at any time now. The hospital will have the forms or she can get them from the embassy. There is nothing to be gained by people having medical exams they dont need hench no letter required. Have her call the hospital to clarify.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had printed the forms and Teaw took them with her to the medical exam. She had also obtained shots ahead of time and she did not need

any others. Her med. cost under $100 US at Bumrungrad Hosp. since she had all the forms with her and did not need any shots.

Timeline

I had printed the forms and Teaw took them with her to the medical exam. She had also obtained shots ahead of time and she did not need

any others. Her med. cost under $100 US at Bumrungrad Hosp. since she had all the forms with her and did not need any shots.

To anyone. This is what is posted on the Bangkok Embassy link "rsn" posted:

=== Start from Embassy page =====

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Those combined 3 will just get one MMR Vaccine shot.then one month later will need one more. then the 3red and last will be 6 months after the 1st shot.

Tetanus and Diptheria toxide

You will get TD vaccine shot.

===== End from Embassy page =====

I know she has lost or never had any papers.

1) So she is planning to get the MMR. Did anyone here or their fiance(e) need the MMR and does it require six months for three shots?

2) Do they really require the TD ?

Again, thanks to all.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Those combined 3 will just get one MMR Vaccine shot.then one month later will need one more. then the 3red and last will be 6 months after the 1st shot.

1) So she is planning to get the MMR. Did anyone here or their fiance(e) need the MMR and does it require six months for three shots?

Again, thanks to all.

Its best to follow the hospital & therefore embassy criteria. She should get whatever they think she will need.

The follow up shots can be done in the USA later. She doesnt need to stay there to get them all if that is your concern. Later in the USA you can take her to your local health clinic to get the follow ups. We did it that way & got the three shots for 23 bucks. I took the form required by USCIS for the AOS meeting & asked them to sign & stamp it at the clinic. The officer at the AOS meeting didnt ask to see the form.

Timeline

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Again, thanks to all.

Its best to follow the hospital & therefore embassy criteria. She should get whatever they think she will need.

The follow up shots can be done in the USA later. She doesnt need to stay there to get them all if that is your concern. Later in the USA you can take her to your local health clinic to get the follow ups. We did it that way & got the three shots for 23 bucks. I took the form required by USCIS for the AOS meeting & asked them to sign & stamp it at the clinic. The officer at the AOS meeting didnt ask to see the form.

@toma1, i finally found a solid airfare to bkk in june...746.33!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

OK, I was worried she would have to wait in Thailand for the three MMR shots over the six onth period.

Thanks

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Again, thanks to all.

I don't know of any 3 dose MMR vaccine.

Here is from the CDC guidelines...

Two doses of MMR vaccine separated by at least 1 month (i.e., a minimum of 28 days) and administered on or after the first birthday are recommended for all children and for certain high-risk groups of adolescents and adults. The recommended 1 month interval between successive doses of MMR or other measles-containing vaccine is based on the principle that live virus vaccines not administered at the same time should be separated by at least 1 month

Here is from the Department of Health FAQs...

Is there any recommendation to give a third dose of MMR?

No. If an individual did not respond to the first two doses, they will not respond to a third.

What Jum received was 2 doses of MMR separated by 1 month and 1 Td shot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

On an entirely different subject, for anyone that has recently gone through Bangkok's US Embassy for I-129F and K-1. When the NVC has forwarded the petition to Bangkok:

1) how does Bangkok contact the alien fiance(e), email, telephone, snail mail ?

NVC asked me for her email address.

2) I believe the US Embassy has recently received our package based on information I used from the NVC forum to track packages with DHL. How long after NVC ships and Embassy receives, before the Embassy makes contact with alien fiance(e) by whatever method ???

Thanks

Here is my recent experience. The day that Jum had her interview was the day she received Packet 3 in the mail.

I tracked the shipment using DHL, and I waited about 3 days after the Embassy received the package from NVC before I sent an email to the Embassy. The Embassy responded within 2 business days via email that they had already sent out Packet 3 (Packet 3 was mailed the day after they received the package from NVC) and I should download Packet 3 from the website, complete the checklist, and return it. We had already completed the checklist and so Jum mailed the package that day. The next day Jum received an email from the Embassy that her interview was to be the following Monday. Jum was told to arrive at 7am, and she was out of the Embassy by 9am and she picked up her visa on the Wednesday.

Timeline

Here is my recent experience. The day that Jum had her interview was the day she received Packet 3 in the mail.

I tracked the shipment using DHL, and I waited about 3 days after the Embassy received the package from NVC before I sent an email to the Embassy. The Embassy responded within 2 business days via email that they had already sent out Packet 3 (Packet 3 was mailed the day after they received the package from NVC) and I should download Packet 3 from the website, complete the checklist, and return it. We had already completed the checklist and so Jum mailed the package that day. The next day Jum received an email from the Embassy that her interview was to be the following Monday. Jum was told to arrive at 7am, and she was out of the Embassy by 9am and she picked up her visa on the Wednesday.

@ T and J - Thanks for the info on both the vaccinations and the Packet 3. I really appreciate it. I think the Sawasdee thread here at VJ has been a great help. I am thankful for all the great members.

I think the Embassy has our package from NVC but Songkran has slowed me down. I will email the Embassy next week to see if they received our case file from NVC.

I think some of the vaccination information should be removed or updated from the Bangkok Embassy review page here at VJ.

Thanks to all. Robert

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.