HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would guess that is why the AP, it shows you got divorced and then the same month filed for K1, that is probably a BIG red flag.

I guess I can see that might red flag them but it never crossed my mind it would be a problem. I had talked to a guy at USCIS and he said I could file as soon as the divorce was final.

I guess it's like the IRS....you can't believe what they tell you cause you would get a different answer from a different person. But if they read the emails we submitted they will see

that there is nothing going on other than a normal healthy relationship.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I guess I can see that might red flag them but it never crossed my mind it would be a problem. I had talked to a guy at USCIS and he said I could file as soon as the divorce was final.

I guess it's like the IRS....you can't believe what they tell you cause you would get a different answer from a different person. But if they read the emails we submitted they will see

that there is nothing going on other than a normal healthy relationship.

He was absolutely right you can file as soon as the divorce is final. That does not mean the embassy is not going to question it, or scrutinize your case more. BTW, I am just taking a stab at why it was held up.

Timeline

He was absolutely right you can file as soon as the divorce is final. That does not mean the embassy is not going to question it, or scrutinize your case more. BTW, I am just taking a stab at why it was held up.

I understand. It would be nice if they would just say hey, what happened to the marriage and why was the divorce done in Oct and then you filed? Then I would send them several pages of explanation of all that

happened and how Teaw and I picked up when the other went south. I am hoping my email will get them to maybe ask without directly asking them if they would like to know more about it. But I appreciate any and

all input I can get and thoughts on why they are taking their time reviewing it. And I hope they do it quickly. The thing is, they just told her they wanted more evidence of the relationship so we gave it to them.

China Eastern has a $1104 fare from LAX in June. That's the cheapest published fare I could find in June from the USA - Thailand at the moment. Other than that, you might try a consolidator.

ahh the scary china eastern! yeah i've been thoroughly unsuccessful locating a better fare as well. i'm going to poke around the conslidators as well. flying from sfo so maybe i will have some luck there. i should have bought the $600 air china flight i saw 3 weeks ago. that is the only drawback to traveling with friends that you sometimes don't get your ducks in a row at the same time.

thank you very much for looking.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I understand. It would be nice if they would just say hey, what happened to the marriage and why was the divorce done in Oct and then you filed? Then I would send them several pages of explanation of all that

happened and how Teaw and I picked up when the other went south. I am hoping my email will get them to maybe ask without directly asking them if they would like to know more about it. But I appreciate any and

all input I can get and thoughts on why they are taking their time reviewing it. And I hope they do it quickly. The thing is, they just told her they wanted more evidence of the relationship so we gave it to them.

Hi Tom, I am sorry it has not turned out the way we were expecting. I do not have any idea what they can be thinking at the Embassy. I hope it does not go on too long.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

I have no problem with what you are saying. But I supplied emails between Teaw and I back to from April of 08 after the ex and I had agreed that the divorce was best for both of us. I only had chats going back to September before the divorce. So I established the relationship existed before I was able to get back over and get the divorce done and by the time I got the divorce done we had already decided to file for the visa after I got home in October. If you met Teaw you would know without a doubt this is no fraud case.

I don't think this is a fraud case, but your problem may be that the embassy suspects it is and they want to investigate further. Maybe they actually want time to read and analyze your emails and chats (as I think they don't normally do that as a matter of course).

How much of what you told us do they know? Hopefully they will let you supply additional information at this point. You definitely don't want the case to be sent back to the USCIS for visa fraud as that will result in a permanent ban on your fiancee and it seems that that finding takes forever to overturn, if it ever happens at all. This seems to happen to Vietnamese cases regularly and you can read about some real horror stories there.

Trust me, it wouldn't matter if I met her. My friend is the sweetest East European girl I've ever met, but she got her citizenship through a wedding "arrangement" with an American. She lined up one for her sister, too. Both divorced as soon as they had naturalized. Brought their parents over, too. If you ask them, they will tell you that it is what they had to do to survive and help their family. Again, I'm NOT saying that this is you, but embassies see these cases all the time, and you can't tell anything based on a sweet personality.

ahh the scary china eastern!

I've flown it many times on domestic flights within China, but never internationally. I didn't notice anything exceptionally horrible other than the food and fake Budweiser beers they hand out which are warm and undrinkable.

Timeline

I don't think this is a fraud case, but your problem may be that the embassy suspects it is and they want to investigate further. Maybe they actually want time to read and analyze your emails and chats (as I think they don't normally do that as a matter of course).

How much of what you told us do they know? Hopefully they will let you supply additional information at this point. You definitely don't want the case to be sent back to the USCIS for visa fraud as that will result in a permanent ban on your fiancee and it seems that that finding takes forever to overturn, if it ever happens at all. This seems to happen to Vietnamese cases regularly and you can read about some real horror stories there.

Trust me, it wouldn't matter if I met her. My friend is the sweetest East European girl I've ever met, but she got her citizenship through a wedding "arrangement" with an American. She lined up one for her sister, too. Both divorced as soon as they had naturalized. Brought their parents over, too. If you ask them, they will tell you that it is what they had to do to survive and help their family. Again, I'm NOT saying that this is you, but embassies see these cases all the time, and you can't tell anything based on a sweet personality.

They don't know any of what I posted in here. Another friend wrote me a private message and suggested I just outright ask them if the reason they are holding it up is due to the divorce being done and then the K-1 being filed

after I got home. And then ask to provide further evidence and write an explanation of what happened and a chrono of what went down so they understand why it happened the way it did in Oct. I am tempted to do just that after I

see their response from the email I sent this morning. I'd rather try to cut it off now and tell them what happened than wait too long to find out that's what it is. Do you think if I wrote an explanation I could mail it directly to them so Teaw would not have to go all the way into BKK to deliver it?

Timeline

They don't know any of what I posted in here. Another friend wrote me a private message and suggested I just outright ask them if the reason they are holding it up is due to the divorce being done and then the K-1 being filed

after I got home. And then ask to provide further evidence and write an explanation of what happened and a chrono of what went down so they understand why it happened the way it did in Oct. I am tempted to do just that after I

see their response from the email I sent this morning. I'd rather try to cut it off now and tell them what happened than wait too long to find out that's what it is. Do you think if I wrote an explanation I could mail it directly to them so Teaw would not have to go all the way into BKK to deliver it?

I wouldn't send them any extra information, since you really don't know what it has gone into AP. The divorce then filed is just speculation. It is best to wait it out and see what they come back with. I know the waiting game sucks, but sending in more info now with knowing the reason, could just give them more things to look into, thus prolonging the time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

@Tom - I am not saying this has anything to do with the possible AP at all, but I am wondering, you and Teaw probably communicate and correspond in English, is that correct? And did Teaw mostly interview and answer questions in English or did she ask them to speak in Thai?

Again, I am not thinking this is at all related to your situation, but I am wondering partly because of the posting a few pages back by "TheBears."

Thanks

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

@Tom - I am not saying this has anything to do with the possible AP at all, but I am wondering, you and Teaw probably communicate and correspond in English, is that correct? And did Teaw mostly interview and answer questions in English or did she ask them to speak in Thai?

Again, I am not thinking this is at all related to your situation, but I am wondering partly because of the posting a few pages back by "TheBears."

Thanks

Yes, we corresponded all in English, of course. The emails are all in English as well as the chats. And she did speak mostly Thai at the interview as she was nervous and had trouble saying what she wanted

to say in English since they talked to her for 45 minutes. They did ask her who typed her emails since they were all in English and she told them she did. But hey, I have talked to many Thai ladies that can

type English better than they speak it. And when I first met Teaw she could hardly speak English and we had a lot of trouble communicating.....except she could type English much better and now her speaking has

improved dramatically. And if they take the time to read the emails they will see that she phrases things broken up not putting in simple words that make the sentence complete like we would. She was concerned

about them asking her about who typed her emails for her. Even now when we chat there are times I will not understand what she wrote and have to ask her to explain it different so I know what she meant.

I wouldn't send them any extra information, since you really don't know what it has gone into AP. The divorce then filed is just speculation. It is best to wait it out and see what they come back with. I know the waiting game sucks, but sending in more info now with knowing the reason, could just give them more things to look into, thus prolonging the time.

Are you suggesting that they will tell us what they are looking into and be specific enough so we know what it is? That would be nice. I mean I don't want to send up anymore red flags, but on the other hand I'd like

to speed it along as best I can.

I've flown it many times on domestic flights within China, but never internationally. I didn't notice anything exceptionally horrible other than the food and fake Budweiser beers they hand out which are warm and undrinkable.

the food was abysmal but what put me off of them entirely was on the two inter china flights i flew with them my last trip, one landed so poorly that the nose actually slammed to the ground and the other landed so hard that it bounced several times and 2 people got mildly injured.

@tom and teaw...i don't have anything meaningful to add but good luck to you.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are you suggesting that they will tell us what they are looking into and be specific enough so we know what it is? That would be nice. I mean I don't want to send up anymore red flags, but on the other hand I'd like

to speed it along as best I can.

Doubtful. They are pretty secretive about the specifics of an AP "investigation". Unfortunately, if you are in AP, you'll just need to sit back and wait for however long it takes. Could be weeks or months.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

the food was abysmal but what put me off of them entirely was on the two inter china flights i flew with them my last trip, one landed so poorly that the nose actually slammed to the ground and the other landed so hard that it bounced several times and 2 people got mildly injured.

I've never been on an airline that had edible food.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.