HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

then it sounds like you are in AP.............what is AP? I am sure it won't be until sometime after Songkran since they are closed 4 days next week.

She did take quite a bit of stuff Monday.

Administrative Processing. It's usually a long process. eric_f was in AP for about 7 months I believe.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Administrative Processing. It's usually a long process. eric_f was in AP for about 7 months I believe.

They should give her a paper when they return the passport which will let you know for sure.

Wouldn't they at least tell you that's what they were doing? And what exactly are they doing during all that time, do you know?

I don't think they will tell you exactly what. They could be doing more background checks on Teaw.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Man, there is nothing to check on her. She is squeaky clean. Been working for Western Digital for 14 years and living alone all that time. Just visits her family in Buriram when she can.

Man, there is nothing to check on her. She is squeaky clean. Been working for Western Digital for 14 years and living alone all that time. Just visits her family in Buriram when she can.

I would think if they were doing background checks on you, Tom, it would have been at the VSC. So maybe questioning your relationship and they want to check out something along those lines then? These are just random thoughts. It's hard to guess.

Edited by toma1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As toma1 said, we don't really know for sure why you may be in AP. If you are in AP, you may want to talk to eric_f since he has firsthand experience w/ AP at the BKK embassy.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

As toma1 said, we don't really know for sure why you may be in AP. If you are in AP, you may want to talk to eric_f since he has firsthand experience w/ AP at the BKK embassy.

There is also an entire section here devoted to AP called:

Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)

But you definitely should not buy a plane ticket until you get this sorted out.

Timeline

I would think if they were doing background checks on you, Tom, it would have been at the VSC. So maybe questioning your relationship and they want to check out something along those lines then? These are just random thoughts. It's hard to guess.

Well, I was married to another Thai lady for a little over a year, mostly because I had to wait to get back over there before we could go get the divorce done at the Amphur office. They did ask her about it at the

interview but she only knows what little she wanted to know about it and that's it. She doesn't really care about the ex. The marriage deteriorated quickly about two months into it and Teaw and I picked up our

relationship as we had known each other for about a year before I made the mistake of getting married. But I explained in my letter that we knew each other and were friends until my situation changed in April of last year.

Oh, well, we will just have to wait it out and see what happens and hope they don't take too long.

Well, I was married to another Thai lady for a little over a year, mostly because I had to wait to get back over there before we could go get the divorce done at the Amphur office. They did ask her about it at the

interview but she only knows what little she wanted to know about it and that's it. She doesn't really care about the ex. The marriage deteriorated quickly about two months into it and Teaw and I picked up our

relationship as we had known each other for about a year before I made the mistake of getting married. But I explained in my letter that we knew each other and were friends until my situation changed in April of last year.

Oh, well, we will just have to wait it out and see what happens and hope they don't take too long.

I would guess that would be what they are investigating then. When was that (divorce) paperwork completed?

Edited by toma1

Timeline

The divorce was done in Oct 2009 and a certified registered translated copy was included with the initial filing. She got the 221g after her initial interview and they had checked more evidence of relationship, photos, etc. So on Monday she took in about 300 pages of emails, over 130 pages of chats, 70 or more photos, some phone bills she was able to get from AIS and my most recent cell phone bill to add to the other ones they had from the initial stuff.

What should it matter about the other divorce as long as it was done and over with? Should not be a concern of theirs. It was all done legally at the Amphur office.

The divorce was done in Oct 2009 and a certified registered translated copy was included with the initial filing. She got the 221g after her initial interview and they had checked more evidence of relationship, photos, etc. So on Monday she took in about 300 pages of emails, over 130 pages of chats, 70 or more photos, some phone bills she was able to get from AIS and my most recent cell phone bill to add to the other ones they had from the initial stuff.

What should it matter about the other divorce as long as it was done and over with? Should not be a concern of theirs. It was all done legally at the Amphur office.

They are charged with determining whether a relationship is valid or not. Again, just a random guess, but they could be questioning the fact that you got engaged and filed for a K1 only a few weeks after your divorce was final. Maybe they are looking for evidence of a relationship before you filed the K1 paperwork. It would be hard to supply evidence for the period between the divorce being final and the time the K1 was filed.

I don't think yours is a visa fraud case, but I have personally known of several. There have even been cases where someone divorced their spouse in order to help someone get a visa. In these cases, they could supply all of the evidence in the world that a relationship existed AFTER the visa filing. But, of course, they had nothing before that. They simply struck a deal and filed for a visa. Again, please don't think that I am saying that this is the case with you, but that might be what the embassy is thinking.

Timeline

I would guess that is why the AP, it shows you got divorced and then the same month filed for K1, that is probably a BIG red flag.

can i ask where you booked your flights? and what months? i am looking for flights in june and can't really find anything below $1400

China Eastern has a $1104 fare from LAX in June. That's the cheapest published fare I could find in June from the USA - Thailand at the moment. Other than that, you might try a consolidator.

Edited by toma1

Timeline

I have no problem with what you are saying. But I supplied emails between Teaw and I back to from April of 08 after the ex and I had agreed that the divorce was best for both of us. I only had chats going back to September before the divorce. So I established the relationship existed before I was able to get back over and get the divorce done and by the time I got the divorce done we had already decided to file for the visa after I got home in

October. If you met Teaw you would know without a doubt this is no fraud case. Before our relationship changed from being friends to a more serious one she never mentioned to me about getting a visa and coming here. Of course she wants to come here and be with me now and if they take time to read all of the email and chats she gave them Monday they will see it in her writings and mine too. I did email them and ask them the status and said if they

had any questions or if I could assist them in any way to not hesitate to contact me. The divorce had absolutely nothing to do with Teaw...and the ex knew I had met Teaw in person and that we chatted. The divorce came about

because of the ex's turning psycho ###### about two months after we got married and every time she got mad for stupid nothing reasons...and that was often...she would say she wanted her freedom or a divorce. Well, she got her wish.

Turns out she was meeting guys, chatting with them online and never telling them she was married or had a boyfriend and I have a couple chats from right after we were married and right before I went to see her in April 09 of her chatting with two different men....and the last one telling him she loved him, missed him, blah blah blah. I would have divorced her in April but she flipped out in her psycho mode she developed and grabbed a knife and I thought she was going to try to cut me. She is a strong woman working out several hours every day, doing yoga and lifting light weights. I did not want to have to fend off a knife. She then wanted to cut her wrists and it took awhile to

get the knife out of her hand but I did.....and slept with one eye open the rest of the trip. She really freaked me out and I told her I was afraid of what she might do. So I never mentioned divorcing in April and waited until I

got home so she could vent in emails and text messages and I would be safe. Funny thing is, she quickly realized that's what she wanted anyway, we should not have gotten married and she put down on the paper at the Amphur office the reason for the divorce was "seeing another man". She thought it was funny. But if the embassy wants an explanation I am more than happy to give it to them but they haven't asked and I don't think I should volunteer any more than they ask for. Oh, well, enough of my soap opera!!! LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.