HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Teaw has been in usavisa4thai for some time now. She found it on her own, and I am glad she did. Kept her up to date on what was

happening at the interviews.

But a different question now. Can anyone give me some internet sites where they got real cheap prices for a one way plane ticket?

I found one...AsiaTravel...and it kind of goes up and down depending on the day I look. So I'd like to know if anyone has used

another site they can point me to so I can check it out. Thanks.

Also, I am not too worried about waiting 10 days after she submitted the other proof of relationship stuff Monday. They told her they wanted to clear everything out that they could by Songkran and they told her they would get back to her soon so I expect she will hear from them Wed. when to pick up the visa if she gets it. Thankfully I have many pics of me and both of us with her family on both our visits up to them in Buriram and I know she included some in what the took Monday Thai time.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teaw has been in usavisa4thai for some time now. She found it on her own, and I am glad she did. Kept her up to date on what was

happening at the interviews.

But a different question now. Can anyone give me some internet sites where they got real cheap prices for a one way plane ticket?

I found one...AsiaTravel...and it kind of goes up and down depending on the day I look. So I'd like to know if anyone has used

another site they can point me to so I can check it out. Thanks.

Also, I am not too worried about waiting 10 days after she submitted the other proof of relationship stuff Monday. They told her they wanted to clear everything out that they could by Songkran and they told her they would get back to her soon so I expect she will hear from them Wed. when to pick up the visa if she gets it. Thankfully I have many pics of me and both of us with her family on both our visits up to them in Buriram and I know she included some in what the took Monday Thai time.

Check the price on Kuwait Airways. www.kuwait-airways.com

Usually cheap for a oneway.

I should have mentioned that I want it to be on American Airlines as that is what I will be flying to go pick her up.

Thanks.

You can try sidestep.com or bing.com, but in all honesty, you probably won't find a cheap oneway fare on American or any other USA based airline.

Timeline
1. Not enough evidence.

Bring it ALL. Submit as much as the intake receptionist will allow and keep the rest as backup. If you get 221(g), they won't review the new documents right away. On average, it takes 10 calendar days. If you have the extra backup right there at the interview, then the will review it and approve it at the interview.

Not true. We told them we would wait while they reviewed the material. She sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours and then they came out and told her she was approved.

I have never found a cheap one-way fair on any American carriers. I paid elite class on Eva to LA one way for around 700.00, normally a round trip was about 1200 to 1500.

Timeline

Yes, one way is not cheap. I did find it for about $1100 on AsiaTravel depending on the return date but I know going through

the airline itself will cost more. OH, well, if anyone thinks of another website that might help please let me know.

Yes, one way is not cheap. I did find it for about $1100 on AsiaTravel depending on the return date but I know going through

the airline itself will cost more. OH, well, if anyone thinks of another website that might help please let me know.

It won't necessarily cost more on the airline site... sometimes it costs less.

$1100! Wow, what a ripoff! Might as well buy the round trip and use the second half when you go back again. I just booked my flights for the summer and that's almost as much as Singapore Airlines is charging, which is an obscenity. Singapore is a fantastic airline. Well... hopefully you are getting a Cathay code share flight. Does it stop in Hong Kong?

Edited by toma1

Timeline

No. But you have to remember this is from BKK to North Carolina so it is more expensive than going to Calif. or Chicago. Unfortunately Thai cut out their nonstop from New York years ago

and that was a sweet ride and took less time. I have checked the airline and it's not cheaper through them. I could go through HK on Cathay but I have to match up the return with the same

flight I can get for her on the discount site so we can fly together. It's a hassle but I don't want her on different flights than me. She has never been out of Thailand and I don't want

her to have any problems with immigration, etc.

It won't necessarily cost more on the airline site... sometimes it costs less.

$1100! Wow, what a ripoff! Might as well buy the round trip and use the second half when you go back again. I just booked my flights for the summer and that's almost as much as Singapore Airlines is charging, which is an obscenity. Singapore is a fantastic airline. Well... hopefully you are getting a Cathay code share flight. Does it stop in Hong Kong?

can i ask where you booked your flights? and what months? i am looking for flights in june and can't really find anything below $1400

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

Haven't booked yet as I am waiting word Teaw has the visa. Then I will book. I use several sites to check round trip fares:

http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=10&PageID=10

http://www.globester.com/

http://www.vayama.com/jsp/home/home.jsp?ref=commj&pdt=2347475

http://www.cheapflights.com/

http://travel.asia.com/Engine/SelQuote.asp?MODE=FINDRESULTS&AirSID=65411193&SesnID=173345477

The first three I have used before and can usually find a cheaper fare there. Or I book direct with American Airlines as sometimes they are the same price. But June is a time when airfare goes up. I know after this weekend the airfares increase quickly as I have been checking different dates starting this Sat. to go over for two weeks and the rest of April and May just sucks!! Good luck!!

Timeline

Teaw got a call from the embassy Wed. afternoon to come and pick up her passport. She asked then when they would decide and they told her they did not know, that it will be awhile.

They are closed 4 days next week for Songkran...lazy govt. employees!!! But from what I am getting from Teaw as she is reading stuff on usavisa4thai it seems they are getting tougher

on the interviews and really looking at things before they issue a visa. Any input others can make as they are going through the process will help us all here.

There was also a lady that was asked to bring back more proof of relationship that Teaw talked to on Monday when she took all our stuff and the girl told her on the phone that the

embassy called her Wed also and told her they still wanted MORE proof. So that would be her 2nd trip after the initial interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Teaw got a call from the embassy Wed. afternoon to come and pick up her passport. She asked then when they would decide and they told her they did not know, that it will be awhile.

They are closed 4 days next week for Songkran...lazy govt. employees!!! But from what I am getting from Teaw as she is reading stuff on usavisa4thai it seems they are getting tougher

on the interviews and really looking at things before they issue a visa. Any input others can make as they are going through the process will help us all here.

There was also a lady that was asked to bring back more proof of relationship that Teaw talked to on Monday when she took all our stuff and the girl told her on the phone that the

embassy called her Wed also and told her they still wanted MORE proof. So that would be her 2nd trip after the initial interview.

I could be wrong, but if they are giving back her passport without the visa inside of it, then it sounds like you are in AP. I only know about one other Thai member of VJ who was put into AP in the last year: eric_f.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

can i ask where you booked your flights? and what months? i am looking for flights in june and can't really find anything below $1400

Where are you flying from? I might be able to find you something better.

I could be wrong, but if they are giving back her passport without the visa inside of it, then it sounds like you are in AP. I only know about one other Thai member of VJ who was put into AP in the last year: eric_f.

Yep. That's not good news. I think "a while" means "quite a bit longer than the holiday period" in that case.

Timeline

then it sounds like you are in AP.............what is AP? I am sure it won't be until sometime after Songkran since they are closed 4 days next week.

She did take quite a bit of stuff Monday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.