SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They got there last week and won't be back till later this year.

I see your status is "Filed for K1". Are they just visiting here on Tourist visas now?

Will you be back at all this summer? Maybe we can meet up there...

(I mean back to Thailand...)

Edited by toma1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oh, I have plenty of one handed pics of us but when you take those they are usually too close to show the background that you may want to include in it. But when Teaw had her first interview on 3-24 there were three people there, two faranga...man and lady...and a Thai lady who was the interpreter. They asked her why she could not answer most of the questions in English since she apparently could type English fairly well and asked her who typed her emails for her. Well, gee, folks, I have talked online to many Thais who can type English much better than they can speak it. I think they are just not busy enough this time of year. She talked to them for 45 min. and they still wanted more evidence of relationship. She goes back Monday with a ton more stuff for them and hopefully they will be satisfied with it. It's been a pain for her to get 3 months of phone records

from AIS, which is as far back as they will go.

This is exactly what I don't like. When we take the one handed pictures, you do not get any background. So we have one handed pictures at Suwannapoom Airport but it is just Audy's head and my head. Then we have pictures from Chiang Mai airport. Same, just our heads. You can't tell the difference between airports based just on our heads. Fortunately I kept the boarding passes for our flights.

Audy reads and writes better than her listening. But I call her every morning her time. I hope the Embassy is a little busier by the time it is Audy's turn.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is exactly what I don't like. When we take the one handed pictures, you do not get any background. So we have one handed pictures at Suwannapoom Airport but it is just Audy's head and my head. Then we have pictures from Chiang Mai airport. Same, just our heads. You can't tell the difference between airports based just on our heads. Fortunately I kept the boarding passes for our flights.

Audy reads and writes better than her listening. But I call her every morning her time. I hope the Embassy is a little busier by the time it is Audy's turn.

We just ran around Bangkok and paid the motorbike taxi guys 10 Baht to take out picture.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's a good idea.

We're probably going to buy the new Samsung camera, that has a LCD on the front to make it easier to take pictures of ourselves, before our trip in May. Its also supposed to have a slanted bottom to make it easier to rest it on something with a timer and still have everyone in-frame. That way we can get more photos of us together.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ya, timer is good to use as long as some wiseass does not run by and snatch the camera while you are standing 10 or 15 feet away. While I have always felt safe in Thailand when I was wandering around

by myself, I know that not all is good and things can happen. It will be interesting to see what happens on Monday.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Teaw had her interview on 3-24 and they wanted more evidence of the relationship. You can only go back with the stuff Mon or Wed from 1-3pm so she is taking about 300 emails, over 140 pages of chats, more pictures or

everything she can think of and some other stuff to give to them so we can hopefully get her visa and get her over here.

Timeline

Teaw had her interview on 3-24 and they wanted more evidence of the relationship. You can only go back with the stuff Mon or Wed from 1-3pm so she is taking about 300 emails, over 140 pages of chats, more pictures or

everything she can think of and some other stuff to give to them so we can hopefully get her visa and get her over here.

Oh I see. I am sorry I did not remember that posting. Good luck to Teaw and you too Tom!

She will do fine.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Su and I were married at the Thai temple today. Very small service, just two witnesses, 1 monk, and Su and I. We already had the excessively large engagement ceremony last month in Thailand "Whew!". What I'd really like to know is, is there any reason to notify the Thai embassy, or register our marriage at the Amphur when we return on vacation later this year?

Su and I were married at the Thai temple today. Very small service, just two witnesses, 1 monk, and Su and I. We already had the excessively large engagement ceremony last month in Thailand "Whew!". What I'd really like to know is, is there any reason to notify the Thai embassy, or register our marriage at the Amphur when we return on vacation later this year?

You might want to update her passport with her new last name (assuming she changed it)... it's kind of a pain in the a** to travel with the old passport combined with the new green card.

Timeline

I know I will inform the Royal Thai Consulate in Los Angeles when Audy and I marry here in the USA this year. I believe there might be some benefit to sending a copy of your marriage certificate to the Royal Thai Consulate/Embassy in Los Angeles. Please search for the web site and they talk about it on that site.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't see any benefit to changing the last name on your wife's passport. In fact, it could very well make it difficult for her to buy land in Thailand later on. Traveling w/ her GC (married name) and her passport w/ her maiden name will not be a problem. If you are concerned, take a copy of your marriage cert with.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

@Tom and Teaw, Hey Tom,

I am waiting to hear some good news about Teaw's visit to the Embassy this Monday afternoon Thai time. I will keep my fingers crossed. She'll do fine.

:thumbs:

Naturalization N-400

I don't see any benefit to changing the last name on your wife's passport. In fact, it could very well make it difficult for her to buy land in Thailand later on. Traveling w/ her GC (married name) and her passport w/ her maiden name will not be a problem. If you are concerned, take a copy of your marriage cert with.

It's always a problem for us when the ticket doesn't match the name and we have to produce all kinds of documentation.

Anyone with Thai citizenship can buy land, including naturalized farang. In my opinion, it's better to have to produce the documentation ONCE when buying land than every time you fly. But up to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.