• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Boy it's quiet here lately.

Where is everyone?

Hyena- are you still around? Everything ok? Believe it or not, I'm missing your stream-of-consciousness posts :P

I have been hanging out in the AOS forums. We sent in our AOS paperwork last Friday.

I think Hyena is in Thailand right now. I think he said he was leaving on the 5th. I know when I didn't bring my laptop it was always a hassle getting to the internet. I mean they have the cafe's everywhere, it was always just finding the time to stop.

At least it is warming up here in Vegas, and Nam is not freezing anymore, now she has moved up to just being cold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Boy it's quiet here lately.

Where is everyone?

Hyena- are you still around? Everything ok? Believe it or not, I'm missing your stream-of-consciousness posts :P

I have been hanging out in the AOS forums. We sent in our AOS paperwork last Friday.

I think Hyena is in Thailand right now. I think he said he was leaving on the 5th. I know when I didn't bring my laptop it was always a hassle getting to the internet. I mean they have the cafe's everywhere, it was always just finding the time to stop.

At least it is warming up here in Vegas, and Nam is not freezing anymore, now she has moved up to just being cold.

Good luck with the AOS. I hope to be following in your footsteps in a few months... by then you'll be a grizzled veteran of the process.

About Hyena, yeah I figured the same. He's probably in her village up north with even less connectivity than in BKK

Enjoy your weather. Here (Chicago) it got balmy into the 50s and 60s a few days ago, but we're back in the deep freeze now. Low is about 15F tonight.

Timeline

It has been quiet on the forums. Chada and I have been calling and running around Bangkok getting everything taken care of for the consulate interview. We are doing the medical exam, never married form, paying the Visa fee, going to a doctors appointment and meeting dad for the first time. Did I mention thats all today!? I'm not sure what clicked with her getting motivated but I'm enjoying working with her on it. It just doesn't feel much like a vacation... I have tried to incorporate questions I have been getting into my Post Noa 1 Checklist

Check it out when you get a chance.

Timeline
It has been quiet on the forums. Chada and I have been calling and running around Bangkok getting everything taken care of for the consulate interview. We are doing the medical exam, never married form, paying the Visa fee, going to a doctors appointment and meeting dad for the first time. Did I mention thats all today!? I'm not sure what clicked with her getting motivated but I'm enjoying working with her on it. It just doesn't feel much like a vacation... I have tried to incorporate questions I have been getting into my Post Noa 1 Checklist

Danny,

Your checklist looks quite good.

- Regarding police report - they also require the NOA2 form to issue this. Initially she went there without it, and they told her to come back with it. I think a copy or fax of the NOA2 would be good enough, not sure if they need the original (I fedex'ed the original to her so she had it for her repeat visit). Also, I think someone on this forum once said that they'll take an NOA1. Perhaps they don't know the difference between NOA1/NOA2 and don't even read it - they just need to see something official looking from USCIS that the applicant is actually getting a visa.

- Regarding the fee payment, I've wondered about how this is done? We haven't paid it yet, still waiting to get out of @#$!@! NVC. Do you just go to post office and pay cash? Don't they need some kind of form from the Consulate? How does the post office know where/how to route the money?

Timeline

Thanks for the info about the police report. I'll try the NOA1 route and let you know how it goes. I dont know about the post office info other than the little one we went to yesterday had no clue but the one near the embassy is supposed to know exactly what up. I'll post back in about 12 hours.

Timeline

I just did a Print to PDF for my online USCIS status. Its says basically nothing. I'm taking my laptop with cell phone / GPRS web access with me today. Maybe I can BS my way through getting the police report.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Man, You are one organized guy! Your checklists are awesome! It's too bad that USCIS and NVC aren't as organized.

Timeline

Ok, well we both chickened out on the Police Report. Our plan is form me to send over a copy of the NOA2 when we get it and see what happens. As for the Medical Exam the hospital is the nicest I have ever seen. Super modern, fast and efficient. Also there is a reason why the Thai girls like this doctor. He is what they call "delicate" meaning not a hard a**. Look like we will get out with only 2 vaccinations and it will cost around 1500b. I need some budget relief. I'm a walking ATM machine. :)

FYI, I'm using 12 Call GPRS "Net SIM" service for a data connection from my laptop to my cell phone via bluetooth. The service is 100b for 1080 minutes. They use 2.5G (Edge) as the data technology but its been quite fast whenever I have used it. Its nice staying having something to do while I'm waiting around.

Timeline
Ok, well we both chickened out on the Police Report. Our plan is form me to send over a copy of the NOA2 when we get it and see what happens. As for the Medical Exam the hospital is the nicest I have ever seen. Super modern, fast and efficient. Also there is a reason why the Thai girls like this doctor. He is what they call "delicate" meaning not a hard a**. Look like we will get out with only 2 vaccinations and it will cost around 1500b. I need some budget relief. I'm a walking ATM machine. :)

FYI, I'm using 12 Call GPRS "Net SIM" service for a data connection from my laptop to my cell phone via bluetooth. The service is 100b for 1080 minutes. They use 2.5G (Edge) as the data technology but its been quite fast whenever I have used it. Its nice staying having something to do while I'm waiting around.

Bumrungrad is more than nice ... it's awesome! More like a 5 star hotel than a hospital.

My honey works there, so I've spent many an afternoon and evening in the lobby waiting for her to come off shift.

I think it's fair to say that I truly determined I was in love with her while waiting in that lobby, till finally seeing her come out and break into "The Sweetest Smile In Thailand" (TSST).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Bumrungrad is more than nice ... it's awesome! More like a 5 star hotel than a hospital.

My honey works there, so I've spent many an afternoon and evening in the lobby waiting for her to come off shift.

I think it's fair to say that I truly determined I was in love with her while waiting in that lobby, till finally seeing her come out and break into "The Sweetest Smile In Thailand" (TSST).

I agree that Bumrungrad is more like a 5 star hotel. I enjoyed using their service but not their price :) I was very impressed with the service there and staffs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I believe my fiancée shall have her medical at Bumrungrad this coming week. Is there a particular doctor that you'd recommend?

When filling out the vaccination chart, should she bring two forms and have both filled out; one for interview and one for AOS?

Timeline

Wow we had a long day yesterday. The medical exam part was a piece of cake. They have a great food court area on the 10th floor so after the exam we had some food and they called her cell phone to pick up the results. Total time 2-1/2 hours.

The Never Married Form was another story. This is a big deal in Thailand. The beneficiary has to get 2 witnesses who will testify for them. If at any time after approval it is found out to be a lie then the witness have a mandatory jail term.

#1 Go to the same city government office that would be on the beneficiary's ID card. (IE. they live in Bangkok they must go to the Bangkok office)

#2 All persons submit their house ID cards and sign affidavids

#3 Then an electronic search is done to see if you have been married before.

#4 A government supervisor will heavily scrutinize all the paperwork. The reason I was given is that he receives no benefit from approving the form. On the other side of it he will have to go to some type of legal proceedings to explain why HE MADE A MISTAKE and approved it if the person was indeed married. Because the guy at the Bangkok office had to go through that ordeal once before he just doesn't like to approve any more of them.

I took a GPS photo of the building with my phone. When I figure out how to post it online Ill put it in my document.

After all of that we took a 30 minute water taxi? ride to meet Dad for the first time. We went to an older section of Bangkok where he is a driver for an open air van (not sure what to call it). Me, Dad, Chada and her brother had seafood and Chang beer at a restaurant on the river. Dinner for 4 /Beer for 3 (Chada doesn't drink) = 1000b :)

We had a GREAT conversation about what things are important and our future lives together. We agreed to come back to Thailand to meet more relatives and have an official Thai wedding ceremony. Chada wants to come back in 2 - 3 years I told dad we would try to come back in 1 - 2. Chada and I talked and agreed we would need to save about 10 - 13k to pay for all the travel and wedding expenses.

Yesterday was a good day. We were 3-0 thanks to the tip about the NOA2/Police report. As soon as we got home we crashed for 10 hours. Chada is still asleep but thats my Thai girl for you. :)

Hope everyone is doing well...

Timeline
I believe my fiancée shall have her medical at Bumrungrad this coming week. Is there a particular doctor that you'd recommend?

When filling out the vaccination chart, should she bring two forms and have both filled out; one for interview and one for AOS?

The preferred doctors name is in the document I posted. His name is in Thai... They will give you a copy of the vaccinations you received and the ones you will need to take a 2nd and 3rd dosage of in the ongoing months. Those cost more whenever you get them. They will also give you sealed documents you present at the embassy during the interview. It has an original of everything in them.

Timeline

The preferred doctors name is in the document I posted. His name is in Thai... They will give you a copy of the vaccinations you received and the ones you will need to take a 2nd and 3rd dosage of in the ongoing months. Those cost more whenever you get them. They will also give you sealed documents you present at the embassy during the interview. It has an original of everything in them.

My fiancee (Thantita) also went to the same doctor that's on Danny's list. She knows him personally through her work at Bumrungrad, and concurs that he's the guy to go to.

Thanti also suggests going in the morning - that way there's a high probability of getting the Xray and labwork done on the same day, and being all done. Rather than having to return.

For any of you that are doing medicals at Bumrungrad, or just passing through and want to say 'hi', let me know. Thanti is working there till she gets her visa, and then she is planning to give an additional 30 days notice before leaving Thailand to come to the states.

As to forms, I think just print out the forms as they are on the consulate website. That's what we did. We're not through the process yet of course, so maybe Aaron or daboyz or someone who's recently gotten visa approval should comment.

Oh, and I totally agree about the food court on 10th floor. Awesome food, great decor, reasonable prices. Not hospital cafeteria fare at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.