HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Wow! I was just looking for some confirmation we had enough evidence. I probably should have been much clearer in my original post! ;)

Dont worry :) it's actually a good debate - nothing wrong with that.

Good luck and tell your fiance to be confident that she will do great :)

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Anya: Just curious. Were you the beneficiary or the petitioner?

Nevermind... I just read your story. Very nice.

Are you working here now?

:secret: She was the beneficiary, and just became a U.S. Citizen. It's in her signature! ;)

lol, thanks toma, the story hasnt been update for ages. I've been working since I set foot in the US (with my I-94 work auth stamp) and havnt stop :crying:

*wave at Robert*

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Question about the "Single" Cert

Hi All,

I got my NOA2 on Oct 23 and so my fiancée and I are getting a jump on things by preparing everything for packet 3.

We are a little confused about whether it's necessary to furnish a "Verification of Unmarried Status", though, since she will be sending in a divorce certificate.

After digging around on this excellent site, I've discovered that the packet 3 info/checklist dated 09/08 asks for the "Verification of Unmarried Status", but the newer (newest?) checklist dated May-09 does not seem to ask for this. Additionally, my sweet Chanisa is telling me that folks over on usvisa4thai are saying that the single cert IS required.

Now, the simplest thing for us to do would be to simply have my fiancée get the single cert just in case, however that is turning out to not be so simple -- though she's 28 years old, she's been told to bring in her 70+ year-old parents before they'll give her that document. Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

Anyway, I hope someone can shed some light on this requirement.

BTW, though this is my first post, I've read every page of this thread and feel like I've gotten to really know some of you. Hyena and Daboyz, your posts make me lol often. Keep up the good work!!

Erich

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Event Date

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-02

Consulate Received : 2009-11-10

Packet 3 Received : Lost in mail - never received!

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2009-12-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-30

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-06

US Entry : 2010-01-13

Marriage : 2010-01-15

Comments : 4 months and 7 days to get her visa. Of course my full-of-personality fianc�e is complaining that we missed the "record" over at usvisa4thai.com by 3 days. Life just got a whole lot more worth living!!! Woooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I was just looking for some confirmation we had enough evidence. I probably should have been much clearer in my original post! ;)

Dont worry :) it's actually a good debate - nothing wrong with that.

Good luck and tell your fiance to be confident that she will do great :)

Thanks!

Another lady she was getting her medical exam with just had her interview first thing Monday and is picking up the visa on Wednesday-- and this lady's case was more complicated with less evidence so she's feeling a lot less worried now. 4 more days...

After discussing this with several others, we think that the variables I brought up are multicollinear.

For example, living in Bangkok, job, and income, which appear (to me anyway) to be related to good experiences in the embassy, might actually all be collinear with education level and/or English ability. That does make a lot of sense. It could be that just one or two of the variables is making all of them look important, because they are all correlated with one another.

For example, if the Embassy showed some level of discrimination based on English ability we would likely find that English ability is heavily influenced by education level which in turn influences career, which influences income level. That could make income level appear to be significant, when it was actually English ability that was causing the problem.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
After discussing this with several others, we think that the variables I brought up are multicollinear.

For example, living in Bangkok, job, and income, which appear (to me anyway) to be related to good experiences in the embassy, might actually all be collinear with education level and/or English ability. That does make a lot of sense. It could be that just one or two of the variables is making all of them look important, because they are all correlated with one another.

For example, if the Embassy showed some level of discrimination based on English ability we would likely find that English ability is heavily influenced by education level which in turn influences career, which influences income level. That could make income level appear to be significant, when it was actually English ability that was causing the problem.

laugh. multicollinear.

Hilarious.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

laugh. multicollinear.

Hilarious.

sorry... "have the tendency to run together"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicollinearity

Edited by toma1

Hi All,

I got my NOA2 on Oct 23 and so my fiancée and I are getting a jump on things by preparing everything for packet 3.

We are a little confused about whether it's necessary to furnish a "Verification of Unmarried Status", though, since she will be sending in a divorce certificate.

After digging around on this excellent site, I've discovered that the packet 3 info/checklist dated 09/08 asks for the "Verification of Unmarried Status", but the newer (newest?) checklist dated May-09 does not seem to ask for this. Additionally, my sweet Chanisa is telling me that folks over on usvisa4thai are saying that the single cert IS required.

Now, the simplest thing for us to do would be to simply have my fiancée get the single cert just in case, however that is turning out to not be so simple -- though she's 28 years old, she's been told to bring in her 70+ year-old parents before they'll give her that document. Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

BTW, though this is my first post, I've read every page of this thread and feel like I've gotten to really know some of you. Hyena and Daboyz, your posts make me lol often. Keep up the good work!!

Erich

i don't have any new information since my husband has been in the u.s. for over 2 years but it was definitely a requirement he did indeed go to his local amphur to get it. just to be safe i highly recommend you get it. many of the things you'll encounter in this process seem ridiculous but at the end of the day if it gets our loved ones to our sides then it's all worth it in then end. remain patient and best of luck to you!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Erich

Erich,

We were in the same position and were concerned about the same thing. I can't remember where I looked it up exactly, but I found a couple of references somewhere that the Verification of Unmarried Status (Bai Rub Rong Sod) for the beneficiary is NOT needed if you supply a certificate of divorce. We simply supplied the divorce certificate with official translation and did OK.

However strangely enough, I was hassled on my side about being married before (never married) and other unrelated items...

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

John NorCal

PS. I will try to find the reference...maybe here...Check out AaronLV on Sawasdee 3 from Apr 13 2009, 04:41 PM

"You only need the divorce certificate. The Bai Rub Rong Sod is only for woman that have never been married."

We have chatted a lot but have used Yahoo IM. I have saved some chat files but cannot find a log file for this service. How important do you think this will be?

Regarding Bai Rub Rong Sod, is this in addition to a divorce certificate?

You only need the divorce certificate. The Bai Rub Rong Sod is only for woman that have never been married.

I-129F Sent : April 4 2008

I-129F NOA2 : March 6 2009

Packet 3 Sent : June 8 2009

Interview Date : July 15 2009

Visa Received : July 17 2009

US Entry : Aug 7 2009

Married : Sept 3 2009

---------------------------

AOS i485 Sent: Oct 14 2009

NOA1 for i485, i765, i131: Oct 22 2009

Biometric walk-in: Nov 18 2009

AOS interview: Jan 13 2010(approved!)

Green Card rec'd: Jan 22 2010

Timeline
45 min to her interview. This helpless anticipation has to be one of the worst feelings out there!

Ah memories. Good luck, it will be fine.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
45 min to her interview. This helpless anticipation has to be one of the worst feelings out there!

Good Luck to you both.

BTW. Don't miss this oportunity...There is an excellent restaurant in the Conrad Hotel...2 or 3 blocks from Embassy. World Class Dim Sum in their Chinese Restaurant called Liu. & I still remember the drinks that we shared in the hotel Bar right after fighting to get the final approval for our K1 Visa. Priceless!

Chok Dee Krap,

John NorCal

I-129F Sent : April 4 2008

I-129F NOA2 : March 6 2009

Packet 3 Sent : June 8 2009

Interview Date : July 15 2009

Visa Received : July 17 2009

US Entry : Aug 7 2009

Married : Sept 3 2009

---------------------------

AOS i485 Sent: Oct 14 2009

NOA1 for i485, i765, i131: Oct 22 2009

Biometric walk-in: Nov 18 2009

AOS interview: Jan 13 2010(approved!)

Green Card rec'd: Jan 22 2010

Thanks guys... just got the call.. APPROVED! :dance::dance::dance:

She has to come back to get the visa on 11/16! Thanks for the support! She said it was just 2 questions, how did we meet and 1 other I didn't catch. She did the interview in English.

Thanks guys... just got the call.. APPROVED! :dance::dance::dance:

She has to come back to get the visa on 11/16! Thanks for the support! She said it was just 2 questions, how did we meet and 1 other I didn't catch. She did the interview in English.

Awesome!

Now go have a drink...

Awesome!

Now go have a drink...

I was already ahead of you there! I have her ticket bought now. Thai air makes you fax some forms if you buy a ticket with a CC on internet but aren't personally flying... FYI in case anyone tries to buy a ticket on short notice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.